Building a new Computer!

Kanoa

Thread Thumper
Joined
Mar 27, 2011
Messages
1,050
Heyo everyone.

I'm building a new computer. I have a budget of around 1000$, A little less, or a little higher is fine aswell. Can you guys suggest parts for me? (I want to be able to play Battlefield 3 on at least medium)

Thanks!
 
This is definitely doable. Couple things, do you need a monitor and os with this system? Or just the tower?

Also, when do you plan to buy? New cpus and gpus should released in the next couple of months which should lower prices of current offerings and possibly change recommendations.
 
wait till begin may ivy bridge processors coming out end this month, release prices will be same as current sandy bridge cpu's.
But ivy bridge will require less watt and give bit more performance (100mhz) => hardware world is starting to reach its limit so less and less significant technologic improvements.
Overall at release off new cpu's considering there starting price there worth the wait.
About graphics cards do you plan to play whit 1 card or do you mind overclocking later on?
 
Do you need a monitor/hdd? or win7
 
Last edited:
computer%203.png
 
Last edited:
That is an expensive mobo you included.

And why did you pick that ram which is 1.65 V and not the cheapest cas 9 set?

Also might as well buy the non overclocked 7870 from saphire as 50 mhz core is easily done oneself for $10 less. That or get the ref Powercolor one for $30 less as the ref design is rated pretty quiet already and runs fairly cool.
 
Last edited:
I dont need any software, or a Monitor. thats not included in my budget. Thanks muffinz for that list.
 
Take muffinz list, grab a more reasonable motherboard, the Corsair 550W modular unit, some cheaper RAM and you've got a sick build. Use the $100 you save from the mobo to get a real cooler and anything else you might want. Still leaves you the option to crossfire if you want.

Once again I love a pet rock :). That AsRock board was such a good buy for me, I think everyone should have it :P. Still got no i5 to go with it, just need to save more :cursing:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top