What is wrong with my tf2

Fearless888

Active Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
408
I got tired of having problems on my old computer and I figured it was time for a new one anyway, so I build one in february. But I still have some of the same problems as my old computer when I try gaming. When I join a server it will ALWAYS say (Not responding) (I play in windowed mode) right before I get to the "sending client info" part of the load process. After a few seconds it comes back and loads normally. I don't understand why this would happen on a brand new computer with all new hardware. I have even had my ISP send out a tech and replace the internet box. I just don't get it.

Another problem I have is that my game will time out for like 5 seconds at a time for the first minute or 2 when I join the first server I play on. All other servers I join will connect normally after that, so long as I don't exit tf2.

It can't be a virus because it happened on the first day I started up the comp, and the first thing I did was setup steam and my games. No internet surfing was done.

Anyone else had these problems?
 
This is normal and is part of the loading process. The reason why it says "Not Responding" is because Windows thinks the program isn't behaving properly.

In TF2's case, it's because you're CPU is doing intensive calculations, it might not respond in a timely fashion so Windows flags it as "Not responding" until it loads completely.

Similar in Windows 7 if you open up Notepad and type something, then try to shut down your PC, you will get a window that says "Notepad.exe is preventing Windows from shutting down and is not responding."

This is because Notepad is asking you if you want to save the file while Windows is telling Notepad it needs to close.

This is completely normal and should answer your question.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top