- Joined
- Jul 8, 2009
- Messages
- 4,834
So, I had this issue a while ago where when I'd play TF2 for about 30 minutes at a time, my computer would turn off. It fixed when I got a new heatsink. After installing Diablo III, I was playing today with a friend and get played 30 minutes. Then, the same thing happens. I crash. At this point, I wonder if it's my graphics card. But I doubt it, because it all goes off at once, not the graphics card. I can play other games for long amounts of times and be fine. Or is it that my processor just can't take it? I'm upgrading to the new Ivy Core this summer from an AMD Phenom 965 BE @ 3.4GHz. My heatsink is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.
Manufacturer:
System manufacturer
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Hard Drive: 500 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6850
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card: Speakers (Logitech USB Headset)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503)
Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD EVO
Computer Case: Coolermaster HAF 912
Edit: Also, Micro center his this amazing beautiful processor on sale for $150, rather than $200! http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0388579
Edit: Picked up the new i5-3450 from Fry's for $150. They agreed to price match Micro center, so that was an awesome deal.
Edit: Thank you all for your help, especially Skagnatti! I've now found the appropriate Power Supply, and it's just a matter of buying it now. You tech guys are awesome at this stuff!
Manufacturer:
System manufacturer
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Hard Drive: 500 GB
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6850
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Sound Card: Speakers (Logitech USB Headset)
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503)
Motherboard: ASUS M4A87TD EVO
Computer Case: Coolermaster HAF 912
Edit: Also, Micro center his this amazing beautiful processor on sale for $150, rather than $200! http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0388579
Edit: Picked up the new i5-3450 from Fry's for $150. They agreed to price match Micro center, so that was an awesome deal.
Edit: Thank you all for your help, especially Skagnatti! I've now found the appropriate Power Supply, and it's just a matter of buying it now. You tech guys are awesome at this stuff!
Last edited:













