Gentlemen's Game!

ThundrRok

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
Feb 4, 2010
Messages
2,262
I'd just like to put thoughts to the forum and get your input as well.


As we all know, server filling can be difficult at times. I believe certain ways of playing before pub's join will help all of our willingness to get it done.

The way I try to set up a beginning of a round;

1. Only pistols
2. Only Fight for 1 Flag point
3. No vehicles

And to do this until 5 v 5 or 2 or more pub's join the server. If pubs start to join, we can't force them to play anything but the rules, which does not include Pistols only. We may ask, so do so politely, maybe they will play along.

Until 8 v 8, I'd say no vehicles.

Do you guys have other/better ideas to help? Replying is appreciated, let's get some structure going.

-Thundr
 
I normally play like this when I'm helping fill a server, works great till a pub comes in and decides they want to use a tank. Double edge sword can ask them not to but don't really want to kick them when your trying to fill the server.
 
I normally use these rules but if we keep our servers full then we wont have to do this and from what I can see using gametracker the server almost always dies out at like 3-7am EST every single day meaning something is happening at these times to make them empty out.
 
I normally use these rules but if we keep our servers full then we wont have to do this and from what I can see using gametracker the server almost always dies out at like 3-7am EST every single day meaning something is happening at these times to make them empty out.

From what I've been seeing it's just a waterfall effect, Most people that play our servers are from North America. At that time of night not many people are online, so less people join then those that leave. In CSS and DOD, TF2, you have a lot of European gamers take up the off hours. In BF3 however the search window allows you to fins servers per country which I believe is a major reason for not having many EU gamers.
 
From what I've been seeing it's just a waterfall effect, Most people that play our servers are from North America. At that time of night not many people are online, so less people join then those that leave. In CSS and DOD, TF2, you have a lot of European gamers take up the off hours. In BF3 however the search window allows you to fins servers per country which I believe is a major reason for not having many EU gamers.

this whit a twist ^^ , however in css/dods/... its also possible to search for servers according to region. But it has to been said the battlelog search function is a lot more user friendly which results in less off hour players.
Besides that the main issue is not the lack off euro players but the lack off asian players i think, players who keep the servers running. According to gameme which i check from time to time the most "non-north american players" are europeans not asians.
between 3 and 7 am est its morning - noon in europe meaning not many euro's play then either, most play afternoon - night. the most players then normallly online are asians.
What i have noticed during my time i wasn't employed (now i am :p) which enabeled me to play a lot during the off houres was when there were admins online the servers survived much longer or even kept alive.
I have held b2k the last month 2 times alive by playing during the off houres, but many times i woke up and started playing during euro afternoon => us morning. When b2k or rush was slowly on dieing, often then i heard from pubbers (last time i heard was thursday) that hackers emptied the servers and because off the lack off admins during the off houres we cant do something about that.
@ the original post i generally try to the same like you suggested.
 
Last edited:
Sounds good, but remember, you can ask pubs to abid by these rules, but you can't force them. You can't w/k/b if they decide to get in a vehicle when there's only four (4) people on. I know it doesn't help fill a server but we can't restrict them, even if it messes up a good shoot out.
 
I'd just like to put thoughts to the forum and get your input as well.


As we all know, server filling can be difficult at times. I believe certain ways of playing before pub's join will help all of our willingness to get it done.

The way I try to set up a beginning of a round;

1. Only pistols
2. Only Fight for 1 Flag point
3. No vehicles

And to do this until 5 v 5 or 2 or more pub's join the server. If pubs start to join, we can't force them to play anything but the rules, which does not include Pistols only. We may ask, so do so politely, maybe they will play along.

Until 8 v 8, I'd say no vehicles.

Do you guys have other/better ideas to help? Replying is appreciated, let's get some structure going.

-Thundr

I really like starting servers this way. It's a lot of fun and a much faster kind of gameplay than what I'm usually looking for. The only thing is that I don't have a lot of patience for others that aren't playing by the same set of rules, if I get killed more than a couple of times by more than a pistol or knife it's all fair game as far as I'm concerned. I have a hard time deescalating back to pistol/knife after and that's probably my own fault. That is all.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top