BF3 Controller support?

Leeroy Jenkins

Active Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2012
Messages
255
Hey Leeroy Jenkins here from the cs division. I've got bf3 for pc, but it's really difficult trying to play w/ mouse n keyboard as I have been playing it on Xbox since release date. Just wondering if somebody could help me get my controller working later, that is, if bf3 supports controllers.

This is the controller I got for Gta, and I still use it.
 
While the PC version does have controller support a mouse and keyboard is far more superior. I think you would have a easier time playing with mouse and keyboard than with a controller. Simply put, a mouse and keyboard offers more accurate movement than a controller.

Trust me. It'll be easier learning mouse and keyboard than using a controller. Otherwise you'll get owned. Give mouse and keyboard a week and slowly but surely you'll grow accustomed.
 
Last edited:
I completely agree w/ h. One important thing to remember is that unlike consoles, there is no aim assist on PC meaning that you've got to be very precise with an imprecise input method if you want to use a controller. I can't imagine that it's going to be a huge jump from m/k on CS to m/k on BF3. I would just tough it out.
 
I'm going to have to agree with the people above me, I've tried both and controllers just need the fine tuning that the consoles exclusively provide. I used a PS3 controller for a week and I could not get the sensitivities right, maybe you can do a better job? I don't know until you try.

The program to emulate controllers into your computer are several and decent. Here's the one I used. I set mine up to be similar to Ace Combat, but the more I tried, the more I realized how futile this was.

Edit: Maybe joysticks are better than controllers when it comes to Jet fighting in BF3. I don't have one to test, I actually assume it would be even more messy due to the lack of ailerons(yaw and/or pitch aid), unless of course, you spent 200 dollars on a nifty little peddle set; then by all means, you, sir, win.
 
Last edited:
I have a controller and I think that it is just not great enough for the PC.
I'd prefer KB+M

From what I know, just plug it in.
 
BF games since their beginning were made so that anyone playing on a pc can do all that is the game, drive, fly..etc. I have nothing but trouble even trying to get a joystick to work on any of them, so I stick to KB and M
 
i ll be coming for ur tagz

^ this.

sevGG.jpg
 
Maybe joysticks are better than controllers when it comes to Jet fighting in BF3. I don't have one to test, I actually assume it would be even more messy due to the lack of ailerons(yaw and/or pitch aid), unless of course, you spent 200 dollars on a nifty little peddle set; then by all means, you, sir, win.

Most joysticks, even the cheaper ones, the stick twists for yaw control. The big advantage I find in the stick however is precision throttle control.
 
forty2 is right. I cannot aim correctly.
Anyways, I am great in jets, probably not better than misfire98 though.
He is killer.

I find mouse+keyboard easier than a joystick.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top