Very odd Korean music video

1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg
 
Probably pretty normal for Korea.

I had a Korean roommate once and I often caught glimpses of a Korean reality TV show he watched. I recall something along the lines of one of the contestants doing a scavenger hunt around town in a pink bunny suit. People seemed completely unphased by his appearance. You got the impression they saw stuff like that daily.
 
Probably pretty normal for Korea.

I had a Korean roommate once and I often caught glimpses of a Korean reality TV show he watched. I recall something along the lines of one of the contestants doing a scavenger hunt around town in a pink bunny suit. People seemed completely unphased by his appearance. You got the impression they saw stuff like that daily.

You'd be surprised how close Korea is to Japan. When I went to Korea as a kid, the city has a lot of unusual stuff there. Just sayin'
 
Anyone here that can translate what he's saying so we know what the hell he's singing about?
 
I saw this on another website earlier in the week. I have no idea why, but that video makes the song 10x's better.
 
Probably pretty normal for Korea.

I had a Korean roommate once and I often caught glimpses of a Korean reality TV show he watched. I recall something along the lines of one of the contestants doing a scavenger hunt around town in a pink bunny suit. People seemed completely unphased by his appearance. You got the impression they saw stuff like that daily.

WRONG. You might want to check youtube or turn on your TV and see some of the nonsense that comes on there.


You'd be surprised how close Korea is to Japan. When I went to Korea as a kid, the city has a lot of unusual stuff there. Just sayin'

Close? as in miles? Maybe. But culturally, very different. Moreover, if you've ever been to Korea, you'd know that many cities, including and especially Seoul, has been very westernized with the US army bases there. In fact, there is an overabundance of american fast food restaurants crowding the streets much like you see in america.

Anyone here that can translate what he's saying so we know what the hell he's singing about?

Sure. "Oppa" is a Korean term that females use to denote an older brother or male of around the same age.

"Gangnam" is actually a district of Seoul which is known for being one of the richest areas.

The song is translated here (I didn't do it myself but the translation is fairly accurate):

A girl who is warm and humanle during the day
A classy girl who know how to enjoy the freedom of a cup of coffee
A girl whose heart gets hotter when night comes
A girl with that kind of twist

I'm a guy
A guy who is as warm as you during the day
A guy who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down
A guy whose heart bursts when night comes
That kind of guy

Beautiful, loveable
Yes you, hey, yes you, hey
Beautiful, loveable
Yes you, hey, yes you, hey
Now let's go until the end

Oppa is Gangnam style, Gangnam style
Oppa is Gangnam style, Gangnam style
Oppa is Gangnam style

Eh- Sexy Lady, Oppa is Gangnam style
Eh- Sexy Lady oh oh oh oh

A girl who looks quiet but plays when she plays
A girl who puts her hair down when the right time comes
A girl who covers herself but is more sexy than a girl who bares it all
A sensable girl like that

I'm a guy
A guy who seems calm but plays when he plays
A guy who goes completely crazy when the right time comes
A guy who has bulging ideas rather than muscles
That kind of guy

Beautiful, loveable
Yes you, hey, yes you, hey
Beautiful, loveable
Yes you, hey, yes you, hey
Now let's go until the end

Oppa is Gangnam style, Gangnam style
Oppa is Gangnam style, Gangnam style
Oppa is Gangnam style

Eh- Sexy Lady, Oppa is Gangnam style
Eh- Sexy Lady oh oh oh oh

On top of the running man is the flying man, baby baby
I'm a man who knows a thing or two
On top of the running man is the flying man, baby baby
I'm a man who knows a thing or two

You know what I'm saying
Oppa is Gangnam style

Eh- Sexy Lady, Oppa is Gangnam style
Eh- Sexy Lady oh oh oh oh


***************
The point I'm trying to get across to everyone is that there are many cultural differences across every nation. It would be wise to not jump to the stereotypes so quickly.
 
OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Sexay Lay-dy

Probably pretty normal for Korea.

I had a Korean roommate once and I often caught glimpses of a Korean reality TV show he watched. I recall something along the lines of one of the contestants doing a scavenger hunt around town in a pink bunny suit. People seemed completely unphased by his appearance. You got the impression they saw stuff like that daily.
LOL, sounds like a something a comedy show would do in Korea, you know all the things that's are on youtube about Korea and Japan are like the ones that would actually catch people's attention, no one is going to look at Korean documentary show if you are not going to understand it, so you can't really judge from what you see in the internet

You'd be surprised how close Korea is to Japan. When I went to Korea as a kid, the city has a lot of unusual stuff there. Just sayin'
I don't know how long that would be but I live in Korea right now and there is nothing unusual than comparing to US, it's just food places, some street markets, tall buildings, normal western Asian country.
You would be surprised how fast Korea develops over few years

Sure. "Oppa" is a Korean term that females use to denote an older brother or male of around the same age.
Actually let me correct that a little bit =P
Oppa is a term that a female used to call a guy who is bit older than them (You wouldn't call "oppa" to someone who is like 20 years older than you, age difference that you would call someone "oppa" is about 1~10 years), in Korea there is respective way of talking to people. If you're a guy and if you call a guy "oppa" they would look you weird, you would call them "hyung". There is different word for everything.
Word "oppa" also can be used to seduce a male though(Only girls would use it of course)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top