Thoughts on the para

Muffs

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Aug 11, 2010
Messages
3,061
Personally, I think the para is the most OP randy gun in the game. And on 16k servers you get players that will rush into areas and basically spray the walls and anything that moves. Therefore this really ruins the game play, just curious if anyone else feels the same way? Also having awps is nice :D
 
Always thought we should at the very least restrict paras, especially on servers like Dust2, but hey it is what it is
 
I don't think that the para is extremely overpowered in the sense that it ruins gameplay. It's true that on 16k servers there will always be a few on each team that will try to "para rush", but ultimately, spraying with the para doesn't get you as many kills as you might think. At least, not against an experienced team. The recoil is quite dramatic, which, in my opinion, curbs the otherwise very powerful weapon.

So, I don't think it's too overpowered. Like any other gun, it has a strength (high rate of fire), and a weakness (large recoil when sprayed), and in this case, the weakness curtails the strength.
 
Personally, I think the para is the most OP randy gun in the game. And on 16k servers you get players that will rush into areas and basically spray the walls and anything that moves. Therefore this really ruins the game play, just curious if anyone else feels the same way?
Meh, it just seems to ruin the gameplay because everyone sprays walls with it because of its large ammo capacity, but its something that can be easily done with with any other assault rifle, but you need to reload far sooner.


Also having awps is nice
I disagree.
 
I'm not sure you quite understand what happens with the para spray. When you sprays the para it takes little to no skill and gets you random head shots in places where you don't even aim. At least with the awp it takes some skill to aim and have the reaction to shoot.
 
I'm not sure you quite understand what happens with the para spray. When you sprays the para it takes little to no skill and gets you random head shots in places where you don't even aim. At least with the awp it takes some skill to aim and have the reaction to shoot.

What happens with the para spray happens with every assault rifle, its just more noticeable with the para because it has more ammunition and is harder to control.
 
What happens with the para spray happens with every assault rifle, its just more noticeable with the para because it has more ammunition and is harder to control.

And because it's hard to control it's more random. Which means you get random head shots.
 
At times I've hated the para with a passion but other times it's usually not too bad and quite balanced.

I honestly wouldn't mind if the para was disallowed but I still wouldn't mind if it wasn't.
 
And because it's hard to control it's more random. Which means you get random head shots.

I think it comes down to a game of probability. What's more likely, that you're going to get shot in the face by somebody spraying a machine gun, or that you're going to headshot him first with accurate burst fire?

It's frustrating when you get killed by somebody who's clearly kamikaze rushing, but if you've got the skill to make your chances of hitting him in the head much higher than his chances, then, consistently, you should be able to take down such individuals quite quickly.
 
And because it's hard to control it's more random. Which means you get random head shots.
+1 I sometimes use the paras in Italy or high school and I've actually noticed they're pretty OP but not a lot of people use it anyways, its always m4/ak.
 
Paras are annoying in some cases for example a T sitting on Apt roofs in Italy firing at the floor other then that they aren't so bad. Awps are the worst gun to be in the game, one shot to the leg does not amount to hundreds or damage.
 
And because it's hard to control it's more random. Which means you get random head shots.

random headshots come rather infrequently unless you are the one getting headshotted. They will be outgunned if all they are doing is running around randomly spraying. Now they can control their spraying to a degree, but the vast majority of bullets will still miss.


Awps are the worst gun to be in the game, one shot to the leg does not amount to hundreds or damage.

It amounts to about 84 though. :>
 
random headshots come rather infrequently unless you are the one getting headshotted. They will be outgunned if all they are doing is running around randomly spraying. Now they can control their spraying to a degree, but the vast majority of bullets will still miss.

They spray the walls and prefire where they are going to be, and while doing that they randomly hit other people.
 
This wen't from a possibly constructive thread to a RDK-Muffs face off.
Para is OP if you know how to use it right.

/thread
 
para sprayers can be easily dealt with, instead of taking them head on try to fake em out. Take cover somewhere and pop em in the head or find another way around to take em by suprise. I havent really had a problem with para users unless im taking them head on.
 
I think if the number of para's was restricted that would be kinda nice not have half the team in projector room camping the para's lol
 
You can use the para like an ak, double tapping and firing in bursts. Can be quite good.

Sad to see awps leaving highschool :(
 
Back
Top