Win a Mouse in January!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to have a mouse like this one because my current mouse is terrible! It's the one that came with my computer: a basic Compaq laser mouse (see picture here). I do like to game on my PC, but it's hard without a gaming mouse and I would love to buy my own but they cost so much these days and I don't have the money to spare for one and would love to win one of the two given away this month. So yeah, that is why I, personally, would like to have one of the mice that eGO is giving away.
 
Hello Leadership,

My name is XxDOOMxX and I am going to tell you why I would like to recieve one of the two Logitech G500 gaming mice you are giving away.

First let me tell you about my current mouse.
You can see it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8igt7pu9wxfmip/_crapmouse.jpg

It is a Logitech Track Man Marble from the mid 1990's. It utilizes PS2 output. My computer does not have a PS2 input, so I must run through an adapter to convert to USB. The trackball is supported by three metal bearings, and the trackball has sensor dots placed every 1mm for optical tracking.

I have to clean the metal bearings that support the trackball weekly, due to the gunk of dead skin that accumulates from my game time, otherwise the trackball will get stuck and not spin properly. The mouse is equipped with two buttons, and one track ball, that is it. There is no mouse scroll wheel. In order to scroll, I have to use that bar over there ------> or the page up and down buttons (yes those do exist, look down at your keyboard). I cannot BHOP in Counter Strike due to this, because I cannot bind to a mouse scroll wheel the jump command.

No matter how slow I spin the trackball with my fingers, my cursor only moves on screen at increments of 1mm. There is no smoothness to the cursors movement. I am either at one pixel, or another pixel 1mm away on screen, no in between. This makes it really difficult to aim at someones head in any FPS if they are far away on the map, let alone close. My accuracy is very low due to this.

I am very slow to do a 180 degree turn in game. If an enemy is shooting me from behind, I have zero chance of winning. It takes two flicks of the fingers to turn around at least. If I spin the trackball too fast, it wont register and I wont move at all. I am stuck moving it slow, or not moving at all.


I understand I may not have the worst mouse around. They did make single button mice in the 80's, and there are trackball mice that you use your palm to move. However, my $2 investment I found at Goodwill was only designed for "home and office use" and not with gaming in mind. First Person Shooters of the 90's such as Doom didn't even offer vertical movement, and you didn't even use the mouse to play. This mouse came out to coincide with Windows 95, that's how old it is. Even then, most Windows users stuck with MS-DOS and didn't even know what a mouse was. This is a gaming clan, yet I am using a mouse designed to navigate the state of the art "graphical user interface". I am trying my best to describe my inability to actually game with this mouse, but it really cant be described with just words. Logitech is a fantastic brand, and the reasons I still have my mouse and the reasons I want this G500 are the same, they are Logitech. I cannot break this mouse. It has gotten soaked in water, it has been dropped for 12 years straight by me, its cord has been chewed by my rabbit, one of its ball bearings has seized into the plastic surrounding it from friction generated heat. I have no money to buy a new mouse, I sometimes contemplate getting rid of dedicated supporter, just because $5 a month is a lot for me. All of my money goes straight into my trucks gas tank, and 40 gallons of diesel at $4 a gallon is a lot of cash working on minimum wage 10 hours a week part time. If I didn't get 20 miles per gallon being easy on the pedal, I would be riding a bicycle. I cannot even dream of shelling out $50 for a nice mouse. If this mouse broke, which would be the only reason big enough to cause me to find cash I dont have to buy a new one, I would go to Goodwill to buy Cryptex's mouse after he gave up and donated it.

Council, please consider my plead for help. Please rescue me from being a poor young student, stuck in the 90's with my floppy disks and old Vectron brand computer running MS-DOS to play Doom. It loves this mouse, my HP Pavillion hates it. I am no pro gamer, I am using a Core 2 Duo with a 4 series ATI card and a power supply I got at Goodwill, a keyboard that came stock with this computer which was given to me from my dads work, it was either me or the dumpster, and a monitor from Goodwill. But I would at least like a chance at trying to "game" even at a mediocre level. Please offer some cheese to lure this mouse away, and send me a nice fluffy G500 to replace it.

Thank you for your consideration,

-DOOM
 
Last edited:
Reason = If I get one of the two I put in the Prize Pool 4 CS:S Division...
CS:S Division > ALL (From My View) =]
 
I like my current mouse already. But my little niece always likes to use my mouse when she is over at my house on her laptop, she is always asking me to trade her mouse for mine and I let her use mine atleast when I am not gaming. So I figure she would like her own gaming mouse instead of the cheap one she has that feels like your holding an empty milk carton.
 
Hi,
I would like one of these fine mice because, I actually used to have this exact mouse, but mine unfortunately was attack and brutally eaten by my dog. After this indecent the mouse no longer works. Right now I am having to use a very cheap Logitech mouse that I am borrowing from my younger brother. I would really like this mouse to replace my broken on and so I can give my brother back his mouse.
 
hmmmm........why should i have this mouse............because I CAN DISAPPOINT KILLERCANKILL LIKE NO ONE ELSE, also launched an m320 into my face on our server when we had a no explosive rule which caused me to massively rage quit
 
This mouse is inferior to my Razer Naga, however, I would still like one so that I may sell it and use the profit to buy 50 McChickens and eat them all in one sitting so I can hate myself enough to finally renounce Christ and join Ric in his satanic worship.

Thank you!
 
I'd like to win as I've been using the same mouse for a year, which was used by my foster dad for about a year and a half before me. I can feel it starting to whither away and it's not responsive as it used to be, I've just spent all my christmas money on a new PC that isn't even working yet and we don't know why, so that throws any chances of me getting a new mouse.
 
http://i.imgur.com/vX710.jpg This. This is probably the worst investment I've ever made; as well as why I feel I need one of these new Logitech G500.

As I used to play the World of Warcraft game, I figured this would be a nice mouse for me, and ended up getting a deal, three years ago, from a GameStop nearby. As you can see, the enamel and paint is all but gone in the places where you put your palm and fingers. The lights on it have all but stopped working. I actually have it unplugged most of the time, and prefer to use the trac-pad on my laptop while playing some games, opposed to using this mouse because of it's poor functionality.

The main left and right mouse buttons have trouble registering clicks most of the time, and sometimes stick. All of the fancy extra buttons all over the mouse have, over time, proved useless, aside from the buggy left and right mouse buttons. The problem with all of the extra buttons is- they prove difficult to hit with your thumb. Most of the added-on extra buttons on this mouse are designed to be hit with your pinkie or other fingers, which is extremely hard to do while still periodically hitting mouse button 1 and 2 with your index and middle finger.

This is no way to game.

I would have loved to get myself a mouse for Christmas, and just about did. I purchased a Logitech G300 on December 18th, because it was on sale, and I had high hopes of having a new mouse for myself- but alas, that plan fell through because Christmas was upcoming, and I had to get my brother something on short notice, so instead, I made it a gift to him. My mouse is still usable, with extreme frustration and difficulty, and an impact to my gaming experience, so I figured I might as well do it.

In conclusion, as a humble gamer and member of eGO, I ask that I might recieve one of the two Logitech G500 gaming mice that will be given away this month.

Thank you for the time invested in reading my wall of text,

~Gater
 
Last edited:
Hi I'm ScottBott I feel I deserve this because I have a Logitechg300 and its time for another repair (3rd time I've had to cut and splice wires to make it work again because I'm not good with fixing stuff xD)me and my trusty mouse have been to McDonald's in back. We started off by sitting in there parking lot with my laptop and leveled my strength on runescape. My dog ate one of its wires and I replaced it with a keyboard USB cord. This is my sidekick my partner in crime, me evil ninja turtle. I believe it's time to put her down and get a replacement. I hate to get a divorce from her but its just that time of our lives where we just cannot stand forth and say hey you're mean mouse every time I shoot somebody in the head on css and the bullet dosent land till 3 seconds after I click. That is my letter, thank you for reading and yes I do love pie.
 
Hello, I'm BmX and I deserve to win this mouse because the current mouse I have is from the year 2005 just like this one. Also for which ever reason it will shut off and not let me move in game causing me to be killed or not allowed to move in most situations until I get behind my desk and unplug and plug the wire back in. In some extreme cases I've had to restart my computer cause it won't work after these steps are taken.
 
With my current mouse (and keyboard), it came with my computer and they auto disconnect which freezes my game cause it to stop and crash, also my pet cat eats the cords and causes it to to spark and overheat... (This also happened with my x41s, x21s, and 4 other headsets) :( And lastly i have games that i can use to program functions into the mouse and be able to play with easier access to menus and other stuff.

(It is a system max and keyboard that came with my computer!)
 
I'd like one of these Logitech mouses because I've been a Logitech supporters for many years now. I also am sick of using a Microsoft mouse because they glitch and get very dusty and dirty very quickly. Also, I'm a gamer but my get up is terrible, I sit in a dusty lounge with a coffee table in front of me with my Lap top infront of me with my Logitech microphone and phone sitting beside the touch pad, while I use my Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse, (Yuck!), and I constantly have to turn the TV down after someone uses it.

I've been trying to get a good gaming setup for a while, I just don't think my computer is enough. But having a Logitech mouse would just enhance my experience so much I think I might just be able to handle my computer for a little while longer.

And as I've said, I've been a logitech supporter for longer than I can remember. I'd like to stay that way.
 
I would love this mouse because......

I honestly have had a very rough year...... I have been working off of internet that has barely been worth anything. Most people can downoad stuff at more then 28 kbps. I have been playing these servers for at least 4 years and I could't say I like any server better. To be honest I don't like telling this to anyone.... but I have been homeless twice since I started playing these servers. I have spent many days barely being able to afford food let alone internet, which I have hacked so that I could be a part of this community. I love everything this community has offered me including meeting some of the best people I have ever met. Not that I have led a bad life..... but there are many things that could have been improved. I have tried many times to win stuff in eGO events but I haven't quite been able to win. You guys might not understand it but something like this would not only be life changing..... but be a game changer. A lot of you may know me as someone who doesn't tell you the details of my life but that is because my life outside of what you know... isn't very much fun. If I don't win the best of luck to all of you and no hard feelings. I love everyone in eGO and would give you all hugs all the time lol. Thank you for everything and nothing will change :D
 
Well This gaming mouse is amazing and would love to have it. The reasoning behind why I believe I should get one of the ten mice, is that well first off. I have never owned a gaming mouse before in my life. This mouse ( which came with a 2003 dell computer )
images

Has a total of 3 buttons.. and every time I try to play games it just stops working. I have tried to start playing osu! but when I start playing the mouse will just freeze up and not move. It has been getting worse each and everyday am about ready to just throw it against the wall each time I try to play osu!

This gaming mouse on the other hand will allow me to become an ultimate jail rababler, the ultimate osu player, the best sniper in tf2, best miner in MC, and of course the best sniper in DOD. My gaming has been limited because of my old 2003 broken dell mouse, and has caused my performance to drop drastically.

I really hope you consider this, because if I have to go through 2013 with this mouse I might just go insane.
 
Hi I'm RedEeyeZ and I want that mouse because I've been using a Dell mouse for like a year now!
 
I would like this mouse because I own a crappy microsoft brand mouse along with a family spec Pc which has intergrated graphics. I have never owned anything even remotely close to a gaming Pc or anything gaming related on Pc (ive never owned a graphics card in my life). I run TF2 on lowest graphics at 10-30 fps with over 200 ping on all eGO servers so it's truly a horrible experience for me, compared to you US guys. A gaming mouse might help me improve my skills slighty from the table I've hit from my handicaps..... if that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top