WIP Day of Defeat Operable Tank!

tnx stewie let me know which tank you like from that Russian site, and after i successfully make the default sherman tank work I will ask DJ TTK to separate your tank of choice and implement it into a map.
 
Sherman Tank

Hey guys! Wanted to show you what I have so far with the operable tank.
I wanted to thank DJ TTK again for taking the time in separating the tank into the cannon, turret head, and body. Without him, I would not be able to use premade tank models.
Updates:
Used DJ TTK's separated DODS sherman tank model.
Fixed issue with shaking camera.
Made tank drive straighter than it usually ran, will try to make it even better.
Will need to make tank turn better, should be easy.
Will need to limit cannon vertical rotation.
Tank can now climb hills instead of being limited to flat terrain.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5jPvFtWYLs[/ame]

Damage functions (like re-spawning)will be worked on next! Might postpone different tank hit-box damage idea until more releases are made, since DJ TTK has to separate the tank body into pieces. For now just simple explosion does same damage to tank anywhere on the tank body.

Looks like video is taking a while for it to get ready (youtube says its being processed). So I wanted to share this history channel sherman tank video for now.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEeQPUp5VTY[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r8x66hu4c4[/ame]
 
Last edited:
awesome work cushy an dj the skipping thing not that big of a deal is there no way to slow down the tank so it does not drift as much that kicks ass the gun shoots behind u like that but ya I wld say it def needs to be fixed u guys keep going with this an we will be seeing jeeps with mg tank destroyers to thye point it will be like dods as a new game lmao again great work u to now fix the bug in my map for the event lol
 
Tnx phaze!
And bruce forgot to mention, as for the sliding it is tricky since dods does not have friction enabled so i have to use "force entities" to mimic friction some how. Will take lots of trial and error.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top