Which server would you rather move up to 32 slots?

Which server to change?

  • 24/7 Dustbowl

    Points: 43 67.2%
  • 24/7 Foundry

    Points: 21 32.8%

  • Total voters
    64
  • Poll closed .
I just really like foundry, so theres where my vote lies.
 
Please please PLEASE Don't change either.

32 slots is a mess.
 
240 fps to 200 fps... o_o

Thankfully I have only ever experienced 60 fps at most, and am consistently on an average 30 fps, regardless of server size. (Event server is 32 slots, so I am used to it.) So no complaints form me.

I prefer Dustbowl. Next on the ranking list, so I think naturally we should increase the slot size for that next.

Optimal fps is 2 * your monitor's refresh rate (it has to do with how the graphics card front and back buffers work). Due to this a small drop from 240-200 is exponentially worse than a drop from 200-160.
 
The vast majority seems to prefer an option that isn't even on the ballot.

Hey, this IS democracy!
 
Dustbowl. Mostly because I can see it being 32/32 consistently all the time. (Though throwing spam on an already spammy map is an absolute mess of a pub.)

However, it is in my personal opinion that the community be considered the most in a choice like this. Both Dustbowl and Foundry are at a good enough rank that I believe that leaving it at 24 slots could still allow for maintenance of their rank by the community: most notably, the FFTF. It would also please the majority of people posting in this thread. People in this thread object due to their belief that the server that gets changed would become a complete mess gameplay-wise as well as make them lag. Although complaints about lag aren't that important in my opinion, it is still a complaint and shouldn't be ignored.

Server rankings matter, but the community is the entire reason we have these servers. I'd rather not have something similar to the Black Mesa Incident occur.
 
Optimal fps is 2 * your monitor's refresh rate (it has to do with how the graphics card front and back buffers work). Due to this a small drop from 240-200 is exponentially worse than a drop from 200-160.

@_@

Never did get hardware. Ah well.
 
Dustbowl. Mostly because I can see it being 32/32 consistently all the time. (Though throwing spam on an already spammy map is an absolute mess of a pub.)

However, it is in my personal opinion that the community be considered the most in a choice like this. Both Dustbowl and Foundry are at a good enough rank that I believe that leaving it at 24 slots could still allow for maintenance of their rank by the community: most notably, the FFTF. It would also please the majority of people posting in this thread. People in this thread object due to their belief that the server that gets changed would become a complete mess gameplay-wise as well as make them lag. Although complaints about lag aren't that important in my opinion, it is still a complaint and shouldn't be ignored.

Server rankings matter, but the community is the entire reason we have these servers. I'd rather not have something similar to the Black Mesa Incident occur.

This. All of this. Quite amazing, if I do say so myself
 
Dustbowl, because it is almost always full and we can have more members in the server at once.

Remember guys, this can be changed if it turns out to be affecting us in a negative way; it's not permanent :P
 
Do you think Dustbowl's gameplay will become a mess with an extra 8 players running around? It's already full of choke points.

yes


Also IMHO I think that... you should just leave the servers alone if they're doing well now then they're doing something right aren't they
 
Last edited:
Dustbowl. Mostly because I can see it being 32/32 consistently all the time. (Though throwing spam on an already spammy map is an absolute mess of a pub.)

However, it is in my personal opinion that the community be considered the most in a choice like this. Both Dustbowl and Foundry are at a good enough rank that I believe that leaving it at 24 slots could still allow for maintenance of their rank by the community: most notably, the FFTF. It would also please the majority of people posting in this thread. People in this thread object due to their belief that the server that gets changed would become a complete mess gameplay-wise as well as make them lag. Although complaints about lag aren't that important in my opinion, it is still a complaint and shouldn't be ignored.

Server rankings matter, but the community is the entire reason we have these servers. I'd rather not have something similar to the Black Mesa Incident occur.
Ah, but Goz, you miss something in your argument.

Lag is one of the key factors in whether pubs stay or not. If they lag, they leave.
 
32 slots is like a spy. You think it's safe and then it stabs u in the back. I always play on 2 fort and ever since it was made 32 slots it bit me preaty hard.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top