[Comp Team] Competitive Team Info and Q&A

When are matches typically? When are ideal practices or is this being voted on?
 
Question(s): Would we need to be there for both Wave 1 & 2 tryout sessions, or just one. Would two increase your chances?

A list for people who make it past the first tryout session will be published after it takes place. If you make it, you are expected to show up for the 2nd session. So, yes, attending both sessions if you are expected to attend them will increase your chances at making the team.

When are matches typically? When are ideal practices or is this being voted on?

Typical match times are 8PM Eastern, but that can be flexible from week to week. As for day of the week, I am not sure. Chuck might know. Practice times will be catered to those who make the team roster following both tryout sessions. These times may or may not be made public, Chuck and I will decide.

-Blue
 
For the tryouts, will there be a list of accepted applicants published beforehand?
 
i would but my work/life schedule is never set and i'd get on at random times. Wish i could. I love competing.
 
Are there any weapon restrictions and/or requirements? How do the most successful teams use weapons?
 
Are there any weapon restrictions and/or requirements? How do the most successful teams use weapons?

The usual arrangement is 3 rifles, 2 heavies (support), and 1 sniper.

The restrictions are 3 rifles, 2 heavies, 2 lights (assault), 1 sniper, 1 mg, and 1 rocket.

Since the game is fast paced it is best to have 3 rifles, 2 heavies and 1 sniper, which is a typical line up. But I seen people play with2 heavies, 1 light, 2 rifles, and 1 rocket.

Normally nobody ever plays assault because the class is awful and mg is very rare because it is very slow moving class. Sometimes it is done if you are down to last flag an mg can be helpful, otherwise it is not helpful. People may also pick up an assault class just to have another auto back up, but it is typically not done. The rocket class, especially the allied rocket with carbine, is a common substitute for sniper class or rifle class.
 
I cannot wait for the tryouts I'm so nervous tho lol, I hope I make the cut lol :D
 
For those of us who do not get accepted into the team: can we still participate in the practice rounds and possibly the scrims?
 
For those of us who do not get accepted into the team: can we still participate in the practice rounds and possibly the scrims?

possibly. chuck and I have not discussed this, but we will let you know when you do.
 
I am very interested!
I have questions about ban history, I've been playing since i was 10, So i may or may not have ban history i'm not sure. If any are spotted, will the list of exceptions include length of time since ban? i pretty sure i'm clean but just want make sure mistakes i made when i was 12 don't out me of the team or tryouts.
 
I am very interested!
I have questions about ban history, I've been playing since i was 10, So i may or may not have ban history i'm not sure. If any are spotted, will the list of exceptions include length of time since ban? i pretty sure i'm clean but just want make sure mistakes i made when i was 12 don't out me of the team or tryouts.

I would say if your Steam account is not VAC banned, go ahead and apply if you want to try out.

Also a reminder that the 2nd tryouts session will be at 6PM Eastern on March 10th. ALL applicants are expected to be there. For those of you who missed session 1 and do not attend session 2, your chances of joining the team will be 0%.

If there are questions, please let myself or chuck know.

-Blue
 
Sorry I couldn't make it last night, had an early start this morning, glad to see the next one is earlier! Perfect time for me.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top