New Map dedicated to Edge Gamers

Dr. Walrus

Rookie
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
71
Well folks, if you guys haven't seen me around the eGo servers lately its because I've been spending all my time on mapbuilding!

I used to make maps way back in 1.6 days, but I'm now about halfway done on my first CSS map, and I've decided to dedicate it to eGo :)

I think my maps are pretty good; I have several principles I always maintain to ensure they're fun and balanced. Some of these are as follows:
1) Bombsites, spawns, and other major locations need a minimum of three access points
2) At least three "major" lanes in each map (ie Inferno has the A lane, middle lane, and apartments to B)
3) Every map needs the opportunity for all 3: long, middle, and short range engagements.
4) Flavor! I don't just build buildings out of blocks.. they need life!

I'd really to premiere it with at least 12-16 people playing! Its a fairly large map although not as big as dust2, so the more the merrier. I also need a lot of people so I can quickly identify edits and balances that need to happen.

The map so far is called DrW_Villa though I'll probably rename it so as to not be confused with de_villa. Its a map set in a spanish-type little village. It a bomb map and includes: a pub/restaurant, a gas station, a construction site, and a network of tunnels/sewers that can be accessed strategically via five different points on the surface.

Some screenshots of the part I've *mostly* finished (ignore the buggy looking radar, lol):

sj3QVcF.jpg

247M4V1.jpg

bp8UBSl.jpg

FXLBLpw.jpg
 
I'm really excited to see people playing on the map. Its big but I think it has a TON of potential. Running it with bots is so stupid because they just cluster up in corners jumping nonstop.. idiots. I got a great deal of the map done today and it should be ready within just a couple of days now I think.
 
Some new screenshots (almost all of some of the various tunnels under the town). I spent about twelve hours today fleshing them out and am almost done with the entire underground portion!

rvG7DK0.jpg

XobbKyJ.jpg

pD3CgW6.jpg

zYkvA8P.jpg

35Yiqmn.jpg

W13v8Se.jpg
 
Looks nice dude! Maybe we can talk Parvo in to making an event to test your map. :D
 
Looking good. I'd love to see some beta test sessions on the event server, I'd be down.
 
This map is almost as beautiful as me, and im pretty dang gorgeous
nah its more beautiful Q_Q
tumblr_lvhuuq55N71qhoyau.jpg
 

Latest posts

Back
Top