How to know if you're doing a good job as a Sniper?

xCaKtUs

Poster
Joined
Mar 3, 2013
Messages
186
Hey. I'm new to the clan and I was curious on how to tell if I am assisting my team as a sniper. I primarily play Sniper, and I would say I have about a 4:5 Headshot to Kill Ratio. I cover chokepoints, and go on about a 3-5 streak before I finally die. Here is my loadout:

Strange Sniper Rifle with Strange Parts Headshot Kills and Dominations.

Darwin's Danger Shield (Don't like the pain of using Jarate. )

The Freedom Staff

Any tips?
 
PQUVjAt.png

28sqD


Sniper tips thread:
http://edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216007
 
If you get heavies, medics, engineers, and the general classes that might give your team trouble(including snipers especially) then your a good sniper. just focus on the 1st three though.
 

Thanks. I think I'm pretty set then. Also, congratulations on that Hale's Own Sniper Rifle. How long did it take you?

If you get heavies, medics, engineers, and the general classes that might give your team trouble(including snipers especially) then your a good sniper. just focus on the 1st three though.

Yeah, I try to go for them. Always Engineers and Snipers. Both easy headshots. :D
 
Last edited:
Thanks. I think I'm pretty set then. Also, congratulations on that Hale's Own Sniper Rifle. How long did it take you?



Yeah, I try to go for them. Always Engineers and Snipers. Both easy headshots. :D

Order I shoot classes in:
Snipers, Medics, Engies, Pyros, Heavys etc

I got the sniper when the strange snipers came out, and then put the Strange Headshots part on at 5k kills.

Good question, how long would it take to get that many headshots on an idle server :P

Most of them came from either sniper servers or just general play. I do have 400 hours on sniper.
 
Last edited:
Well.

3-5? consistently? hmm, you're JUST on the border of doing well and not helping.

The best thing you can do is learn to play at least one other class. There are often times where a sniper is never needed, not even Nik.
 
For me, it's this order.
Heavies, Medics, Snipers, Engineers.
Am I doing good?

Snipers are always first, because if you don't snipe them fast enough they snipe you, as for the heavy and medic, you should always take into consideration the uber. It's game changing and if you can destroy there uber and you have one, then that's a successful push you basically caused.

Most of them came from either idle servers or just hacking in general play. I do have 400 hours on sniper.

Good to know ^_^ but on a serious note congrats on your dedication
 
Last edited:
Well.

3-5? consistently? hmm, you're JUST on the border of doing well and not helping.

The best thing you can do is learn to play at least one other class. There are often times where a sniper is never needed, not even Nik.

My secondary classes are Spy and Heavy. I like to snipe on maps with long sightlines and Harvest.
 
* whisper * listen to this guy, he haz snipa in his nmae

Well, my loadout is mostly:
Sniper Rifle ( or Huntsman if I have a strange one )
Piss jar
Bushwacka

My suggestion for a loadout:
Piss Rifle / Sniper Rifle
Piss jar / SMG
Bushwacka

To be a better credit to the team, you could use the Piss set ( Croc-o-style )
I generally don't play sniper too much anymore, since I feel more like rocket jumping
 
How to play sniper by NMsniper
#1 Shoot someone through the heart
#2 play this song
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ0Yd-Pburs[/ame]

and thats how you play sniper
By NMsniper
 
whats a sniper? are those the people who use the lucksman?

(for realz i really like going ofensive when i play sniper using the huntsman)
 
Play on both bigger and smaller maps. Some snipers think playing on 2fort 24/7 will help... It will but its not as much as you think.
 
whats a sniper? are those the people who use the lucksman?

(for realz i really like going ofensive when i play sniper using the huntsman)

What about offensive with the stock sniper rifle (I do it all the time)
 
Stock sniper rifle is dabes for mid to long range.
Huntsman for mid to short.

Also, the order should be sniper, medic, whoever the medic was going to uber (heavy, pyro or demo). Engis as you can, since they can be easy to take out.

If you're getting killed that often, move more. Making the jump from "not bad" to "ok" usually involves moving positions more. Don't just jump into and out of your line of sight, really move to a new location.

If there are already snipers on a given line of sight, get out of there. Look for more narrow lines. The wide-open ones are too hard to watch peripherals on when scoped.
 
Pro-tip for being a sniper?

1. Shoot people in the head.
2. Don't not shoot people in the head.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top