Defiance?

Grymsted

Active Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2010
Messages
293
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but what do you guys think about the game? Are we (eGO) going to be supporting this game or is anyone interested in grouping up to test it out?
 
Well at this time, OP:x doesn't have any plans to support Defiance at launch. However, like all things, we are keeping our eyes on it, and depending on how well the Game/Tv Show does, things may change in the future.

Personally, I have seen so little hype for this game, a game that is only a few weeks from launch, that im worried about it. I would love to see a game WITH a TV Show succeed, but in my opinion the outlook is bleak.
 
heres a video if anyone is interested in checking it out [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFTRgWhLcVs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFTRgWhLcVs[/ame]
 
The game starts tomorrow, April 2nd. The tv show debuts on April 15th.

I played the beta, but I'm still on the fence about it. I like the skill based 3rd person shooter part, but making this console and PC seems to hamper the UI and controls a bit. The MMO story could be interesting, especially with the TV tie-in. Not sure what the end-game will be like, since I never got out of Mount Tam during each character wipe, and only two zones were available.

I'm going to wait and see.
 
I'm going to take a chance on it. I liked Trion's other MMO Rift, so I'm counting on them supporting the game well.
 
I was in the three beta weekends. Don't plan to pick up the game at the current price.

From what I remember of the Rift beta, the 'group' events are kind of like those Rifts in that game.

Story could be what wins me over.

Litteral Monster closets, although what could they do with an MMO?

Also kind of annoying having to restart the character each beta, so you really get bummed out on seeing the same thing. Might be a reason why there is so little hype.

FYI, I'm not a 'professional' beta tester. I just get access to beta's regularly though my IGN Prime subscription.

Grateful for the early access, but as marketing ploy (to allow a limited number of 'public' people into the beta) it might work against a game.
 
According to Sjin from Yogscast it is a Pay2Play (pay for the box and that is it) however i can;t confirm this without looking it up, and im lazy.
 
It is like GW2. Buy once to play, convenience and cosmetic items available in the store.
 
Yes, you just pay for the game it self and you own it for good, only other thing you can but is the dlc's and if you want to buy Bits.
 
If you guys are looking for another person to run around with add. In-game name is Kelrick DeBride, unfortunately I'm spending more time on PS2, but I play Defiance pretty often.
 
Been having a fun time with it. Love racing over to ark falls and the random hellbug uprisings. Also, infector guns are really neat!

In-game: Rirri
 

Latest posts

Back
Top