[poll] WHERE IS THE TNT FOR DEMOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eire.32

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
3,630
the name says it all in the trailers on utube the demo guy had a cool tnt thing he could throw at people where is that ??????
Eire.32
 
It should be noted, that the Demoman’s TNT Mirv seen in the second trailer was removed in favor of the sticky bomb launcher.
 
They Sticky bomb launcher is great for defending points and setting up ambushes around corners. I think 5 stronger bombs would be better than 10 weaker ones tho.
 
I don't care about the TNT, I just wish the sticky bombs were a little stronger. I've set up all my sticky bombs around a doorway completely out of sight, some on the ceiling, around the walls where nobody could see them, but someone walks through the door - BAM, they still live depending on the class. It can get frustrating.

I think that's just a matter of timing though. I'll get it. And when I do...

KA-BOOOOOOM!
 
[quote1190832266=Eire.32]
pk ty midway but the sticky bomb sucks why??
[/quote1190832266]

It depends on how they are used. Take a look at the TF2 Beginners Guide, there are a few gameplay tips for the Demoman under Class-Specific Tips and Strategy.
 
VALVE got rid of nades for a reason!!!

The original TFC was a horrible game, because you constantly spammed nades. TF2 would be the same if it had nades.
 
Alright well having spent the past couple hours playing nothing but Demoman I must say it's become one of my favorite most certainly. There was one time on...granary I think, where I'd been shooting tons of nades and killing lots of people from this small set of tunnels. Around one of the corners blue guys...were, using a whole lot, I stuck 6 sticky bombs.

Didn't use them until the map ended. We won the game, and were killing off the remainder of the blue team. I was so disappointed I didn't get to use them. So I ran out of the tunnels shooting random nades when this scout jumped into us and ran like hell trying not to get killed.

I saw him headed behind me, saw him turn the corner. ...*click* BOOM! No escape for YOU Mr. Scout! Painful splody death!

...it made my day.
 
I've grown to love the Demoman too, Flea. I gave him a try because I loved his taunting accent, and during said try I fell in love with him. It takes time to get used to but once you take the time to learn how to use his Grenade Launcher you can easily shoot just as far as you want it to be shot. The ONLY difficulty I have with him is when people are far off they can ususally just dodge your grenades, but once they step on them...

Ka... BOOOOOOM! (From the wise words of the Demoman)

I do love how if you happen to touch them with one of your grenades the fuse cuts and blows up immediately. Not to mention defending as a Demoman can be substantially easier and just as effective as an Engineer (No spies, for scotty-boy!). And to add to the Demo's power, it's sticky jump is much better than the rocket jump!!

I'm glad I gave the Demoman the try, it's an instant classic.
 
Yeah I think I'm probably turning demo for my general usage. Pyro is lots of fun, but let's face it -- on certain maps, the pyro is absolutely horrible and while can maintain a decent kill/death ratio, can't be as great of use as other classes. The demoman is dangerous, close range, mid range, even long range if you know what you're doing.

Sticky bomb boom, grenade launching frenzy, sticky jump + grenade launching frenzy into enemy sniper's nest...lots of fun.
 
I think the demo is overpowered. I was killed by two, maybe three grenades as a full health hvy wpns guy. I think that overpowering it more then the solider is meh. Demo has the highest offensive power for one shot besides the sniper
 
As a heavy, you're going to get killed by two or three direct hits from anything. Heavys are targets. They're big, slow, and generally too busy shooting to dodge anything. That's why they need a medic.

Most other classes die with one or two, they just...you know, move.
 
[quote1190852878=Eire.32]
pk ty midway but the sticky bomb sucks why??
[/quote1190852878]

No way! It takes two sticky bombs going off to kill any character at normal, full health. I think each does about 125 or 150 damage.

Put them on your CP and when you hear it is being taken, just switch and right click BOOM! instance defense. :) They are great close weapons also when fighting others.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top