32 Person Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

imported_Brock Samson

I made one post
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
17
Any chance we can up one of our servers to 32? I played a 32 person game 2fort and it was probably the funnest game I've played yet. Lots of intense battles on the bridge and first floors of the forts. Going back to 24 the games feels empty.
 
I think 24 is perfect. Especially with no class restrictions. 32 would just be too much on the smaller sized maps. But that's just my opinion on the subject.
 
Although I haven't tried the game with that many players yet, I could see how having 8 more players in the server could cause team/skill balancing issues as well as make the game seem too deathmatch-esque. As you said, the game "as-intended" feels emptier in your opinion, and I can see why that would be. I don't have an objection to running a 32 player server, its just that I would rather stick to 24 players myself.
 
[quote1190969112=jweng51]
I think 24 is perfect. Especially with no class restrictions. 32 would just be too much on the smaller sized maps. But that's just my opinion on the subject.
[/quote1190969112]

Perfectly put.
 
Yes well said Jweng.

If we were going to go for a 32 person server it would most likely cause too much trouble so we'd have to either a) become really harsh admins b) limit classes c) all of the above?
 
I agree, I love the 24 person environment. I have played on a 32 person server and it was a little too much. It basically comes down to the goldylocks theory: 16 is too small, 32 is too large, 24 is just right.
 
On that note.... Why don't we just call them Bit Servers?

8 Bit.... 16 bit... 24 bit..... 32 bit... :)

That way we dont have to type out players?

(Sorry xD just noticed that pattern)
 
24 slots are perfect. Any more would cause players to get caught up in hallways, doors, etc. There was a reason they intended to only have 24 slots, it's the sweet spot!
 
I can imagine it now..... 32 Heavy Weapons guys walking in a line blocking all the hallways into their base...
A spies dream. <3
 
[quote1191028854=Midway]
24 slots are perfect. Any more would cause players to get caught up in hallways, doors, etc. There was a reason they intended to only have 24 slots, it's the sweet spot!
[/quote1191028854]

That's incorrect, actually. According to today's Gamespot.com story, the PC version will have 32 bit servers as the limit. The game engine uses a new sort of phasing-collision detection so when you run into a friendly, you stop for a second, but then you end up sort of warping around them in a way.
 
They may not get caught up, but it will still feel a little crowded in a few of the maps.
 
24 and 16 player (Xbox & PS3) slot servers will only be ran unless Valve says otherwise.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top