The XboxReveal

AfyKirby

I made one post
Joined
May 17, 2013
Messages
7
What's your thoughts? I personally didn't care. I'm still all about PC. I might get it just for Forza 5. Forza looked pretty interesting.
 
Well, let me give my two cents in the most basic of manners.

-Trying to make a console into a computer
-Trying to make a console into a computer
-Trying to make a console into a computer
-Trying to make a console into a computer

All jokes aside, the XboxOne has some interesting features and ideas that are sure to be the building blocks for the next generation of gaming. The thing it boils down to for me, is how the games will play. I care not for graphics and fancy pixels. I miss the stories and the interesting character developments of older games. I really hope that this system and the game developers who work on it will be releasing some worthwhile games. I'd love to start play console again, but nothing takes my interest.
 
I think its pretty awesome what they're trying to do. Kiririn is partially right except that they aren't trying to make it a computer, it already is one. Every console is technically a computer. But its like a cheap gaming computer that will always play the games that are made for it and no need to worry about the components while also able to do other things. I'm just not too keen on how it looks but it is the first actual box shaped xbox.
 
I dislike all this cloud business. Not a fan of it, especially with consoles where I just want to fire it up and play no matter if my connection is good or not.

Also several articles keep saying it will be powered by 300,000 servers.... is this thing entirely cloud based?
 
I dislike all this cloud business. Not a fan of it, especially with consoles where I just want to fire it up and play no matter if my connection is good or not.

Also several articles keep saying it will be powered by 300,000 servers.... is this thing entirely cloud based?

No. You will be able to power it up and play single player without any internet connection.
 
Hi,

First thoughts were: "This looks like a Nintendo 64 or NES".
However, I cannot say anything more than that. Could someone tell me the features? I can't care enough to Google it (as I see no point in concoles).
 
I dislike all this cloud business. Not a fan of it, especially with consoles where I just want to fire it up and play no matter if my connection is good or not.

Also several articles keep saying it will be powered by 300,000 servers.... is this thing entirely cloud based?

The server idea is mainly for people who use the online mode. It is not required and was cleared as a rumor during the live stream. Why is cloud such a bad idea anyways? What do you think your browsing the internet on? What about steam? Origin? Uplay? Wii? Xbox 360 too. It all uses a cloud based storage when you access it online. To say you dislike it would be saying you dislike electronics. Its actually an excellent idea if they used 300k servers. You would be able to access their servers faster. The cloud is a great idea for anyone who has access to internet.

As for the console looks.

I think it looks nice. A black and slick design. Nothing special. Its just showing what it really is. A box of electronics. No flashy designs to make it look better with your TV's DVR and other stuff like that. Overall, Its a good attempt and might be even better upon full release. I will await for what sony releases as I have heard great things about the PS4.
 
People also have to remember Xbox is going for the "to be" thing in your living room that also plays games. I find it nice as i don't have a media box/pc yet and there are a few exclusives on the xbox that i would like to play.

PS4 will be all about games. So you will probably see more indie games on their online store but we have to wait and see at E3.
 
I still don't understand how they are still making money off making a mini pc that is completely not upgradable....cmon people put em out of business and get them to concentrate on PC only. We have controllers too if that's your beef. This was they can get rid of hackers and other problems without the excuse of being "busy between platforms". There is absolutely no need for consoles in this day in age imo. Just an easy money grab/warranty fraud :p
 
I still don't understand how they are still making money off making a mini pc that is completely not upgradable....cmon people put em out of business and get them to concentrate on PC only. We have controllers too if that's your beef. This was they can get rid of hackers and other problems without the excuse of being "busy between platforms". There is absolutely no need for consoles in this day in age imo. Just an easy money grab/warranty fraud :p

I can see why consoles will still be popular for a long time. They offer to play games, watch netflix, all this stuff for years to come. Look at Skyrim. Skyrim needed a great optimized PC to run good. But the same game was also done on the Xbox 360 with outdated hardware. Try getting a PC with the same specs as a current Xbox 360 and try and run something like skyrim. Now you tell me. What seems more logical for an average consumer? Buy a console for 400-500 bucks and have it last for 5-6 years playing games at 30-60 fps consistently AND have the functionality of a PC. Or a PC that needs to be upgraded every 2 years to run the latest games because it isn't an optimized piece of hardware unless you get down and learn every little bit about processing and what parts will run the best together.

It's about convenience. Competition is always nice between things as well. It's why steam wants to make a steambox. To bring the convenience of steam to the average consumer. It's basically going to be a PC with a linux based steam program optimized to run just that.

I will stick to the PC for games because i am a PC enthusiast and i like trying to run the best of the best. But not everyone is like that. The only reason for a PC gamer to even get a console is for exclusives and for media nowadays. Sure i can watch netflix on my monitor. But maybe i want to watch it on my big screen 60" without having to go back and forth with disconnecting and connecting a PC. PS4 will be about games. Until E3, a PS4 will just be an outdated PC with some game exclusives. I think xbox is going in the right direction with this. Appeal to the masses, gamers already have made up their mind.
 
Last edited:
AND have the functionality of a PC.

Hi,

I lost you there. A XBOX with PC functionality? I would rather say a PC has XBOX functionality.

Everything can be done on a PC, while not everything can be done on a console. Of course you a tat more. If you do not have enough money then indeed get a console. But you will miss a lot of features.
 
Hi,

I lost you there. A XBOX with PC functionality? I would rather say a PC has XBOX functionality.

Everything can be done on a PC, while not everything can be done on a console. Of course you a tat more. If you do not have enough money then indeed get a console. But you will miss a lot of features.

The thing is, PC had most of the features then they were put into consoles.

On the topic of the new Xbox. It's marketed to the people who can't build their own computer and don't have all too much common sense when it comes to hardware. Consoles were a valid choice when PC games and Console games were completely different. But now, most games are released on both.
 
Well, let me give my two cents in the most basic of manners.

-Trying to make a console into a computer
-Trying to make a console into a computer
-Trying to make a console into a computer
-Trying to make a console into a computer

All jokes aside, the XboxOne has some interesting features and ideas that are sure to be the building blocks for the next generation of gaming. The thing it boils down to for me, is how the games will play. I care not for graphics and fancy pixels. I miss the stories and the interesting character developments of older games. I really hope that this system and the game developers who work on it will be releasing some worthwhile games. I'd love to start play console again, but nothing takes my interest.

This.
 
I think I'll wait til its like $250 or something. I'll stick to my PC and X360 til then. Not worth it yet, plus watch it get the blue ring of death or something lol.
 
I still don't understand how they are still making money off making a mini pc that is completely not upgradable....cmon people put em out of business and get them to concentrate on PC only. We have controllers too if that's your beef. This was they can get rid of hackers and other problems without the excuse of being "busy between platforms". There is absolutely no need for consoles in this day in age imo. Just an easy money grab/warranty fraud :p

Microsoft, Sony & Nintendo makes console so that they have control over it, simple as that really, Where on PC it's every man from themselves.

Edit: PC & PS3/4 = Best of both Worlds, Microsoft can not exist and Nintendo is just lost
 
hi
my name is ric
i run a pc

best console ever!!
 
hi
my name is ric
i run a pc

best console ever!!

Thank you for sharing, ric.
joker_clap.gif
 
PC and PS4 is what I'll be hopping onto. I've gotten tired of paying for online gaming from Xbox and worrying about when I have to renew my yearly subscription.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top