Tabletop Gaming

Zero-Beat

I made one post
Joined
May 26, 2013
Messages
8
Now i know all of us here enjoy the vidja games, but how many of yall out there have played (or at least thought about playing) some form of tabletop?

I do a Pathfinder session every so often with my buds, and just came into possession of Settlers of Catan.
 
I usually do MTG online, I lack the income and dedicated source of people to play it at home. =(
 
Yu-Gi-Oh

I still have my deck butttt is been like 4-5 years since I touched it
 
Monopoly is where its at.
"Friendships are made to be broken" is the official slogan for the game.
 
I love playing board games, and have several that I enjoy. I'd post here but I'm actually working on a thread about my top #5 which will be posted once I find some cool pictures!

Monopoly is where its at.
"Friendships are made to be broken" is the official slogan for the game.

You think Monopoly ends friendships? You should play Diplomacy. Its slogan would be "the game to play if you never want to look your friends in the eye!"
 
Forgot to mention Catan is a great game.

To save momentum for my upcoming thread, let me instead give you the list of board games I don't play that I would like to:

Star Wars: X-Wing
War of the Ring 2nd Edition
Star Trek: Fleet Captains
Commands & Colors: Ancients
Castle Panic

All great looking games. Just don't have the money to buy them all, or the time to play them with other people.
 
My extended family lives on board/card/dice games - it's what I grew up doing, and we play whenever we get together. The official family game (the one we cut throats over) is pinochle. My boys are both currently into UNO/Monopoly/Stratego/Battleship/Yahtzee... and we'll be getting Catan as soon as they're a bit older, since I love it. I'm very glad we've mostly left the age of Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. ;)
 
May already know this, but if you go to Youtube, you can find episodes of TableTop from the Geek and Sundry channel, hosted by Wil Wheaton. Here's a list of games they've played:

Small World
Settlers of Catan
Zombie Dice, Get Bit!, and Tsuro
Ticket to Ride
Munchkin
Castle Panic
Gloom
Fiasco
Elder Sign
Say Anything
Dixit
Wits & Wagers
Pandemic
Last Night on Earth
Star Fluxx
Alhambra
Chez Geek
Dragon Age
Formula D
Once Upon a Time
King of Tokyo
Forbidden Island (video just released this past week)
 
I play with a couple friends and play Warhammer 40k, I personally use Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Daemons. Probably way more nerdy than board games
 
When I was a young kid, I used play chess all of the time with my sister, but I beat her every single time until she gave up (except those two times when I purposely let her beat me to make her feel better lol). Not much people I know like chess, so I don't have anyone to play chess with anymore :(

My son plays Chess for his school. He went to Nationals in TN this year and placed 10th in the unranked K-3rd grade. Next year is in Houston and he'll be in the ranked 4-6th grade...yikes!

Risk anyone?


Oh heck yeah. Best board game evah! The only issue with this game is one match can take weeks! So you need a dedicated place to set up.

I play with a couple friends and play Warhammer 40k, I personally use Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Daemons. Probably way more nerdy than board games

I've started building a WH40K Space wolves set with my Son. Don't know if we'll ever actually play it but its a nice thing to do together. We bought a Tank and one of the lesser squads.
 
Easy Strategy for Risk. Dominate Australia. 1 way in, 1 way out.
 
I scrolled down to fast and missed Snipeye Post....but here is a link


[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_QRczGzXqw[/ame]


Here is just one of the many entertaining episodes......for Table Top gaming nerds.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top