eGO Map Rotation Server

h.winn #TuT

Rookie
Joined
Jun 5, 2013
Messages
43
I know this has probably already been brought up, but it would be great to see a map rotation server with 8 or so popular maps. All these 24/7 servers can become a bit repetitive. Just my 2 cents
 
We once had a rotation server with deathmatch and that didn't work out so well. A rotation server without deathmatch isn't something I think we have tried. You can always Drop Box the suggestion though. :)
 
The question wasnt if you play source, its IF you source, like the rest of us mainly kerri

I do not then lol. Yeah a non deathmatch server with office, italy, piranesi, dust2, cbble, inferno, nuke, port, train, chateau, and a few other good custom ones.
 
Rotation maps have never worked in eGO sadly. People just don't support it because they only stay for the map that they like, then leave. People don't think that "hey, maybe if I stay here more people will come in and I can play a variety of maps and get better at more than just 1 map!"

So I sadly don't think you will get your request, but thank you for bringing it up :)
 
Nope, people doesn't deal with this type of server because most of people already are good playing dust, dust2 and italy, most of the other maps are already forgotten but if i could add a 24/7 map it would be militia.
 
Just have good maps on rotation server and you'll see how many people will be on there playing. Nobody wants to play crappy maps like de_cbble or de_dolls or some garbage crap like that.
 
As many have said it hasn't worked before for us. In order to get more servers you guys must help fill the ones we currently have. Take the tf2 division for example. Not long ago they only had 5 or so servers. With the support of their members they now have like 8 or 9 servers that are full all the time.
 
I would play a map rotation, but only if there are a few maps. I think the more maps involved the less inviting it becomes. I love dust2, but there are too many players on for my taste and a rotation server would give me a chance to play on a less populate dust2 server. Also, a rotation server could alleviate some of the over flow or wait times.
But, if they have tried before, then they probably know about the counter arguments already.
 
but... but... highschool :( why not have dust 1 and highschool on rotation, as i love both maps
 
The problem with rotational servers is that once the server changes to map that a few people don't like, they leave. Once a few people start leaving, it starts a domino effect.

Just have good maps on rotation server and you'll see how many people will be on there playing. Nobody wants to play crappy maps like de_cbble or de_dolls or some garbage crap like that.

What may be a "crappy" map to you, may be an "awesome" map for someone else and vice-versa. This is the problem we run into with a rotational server.

It'd be a great way to test the maps I'm making!!!

If your maps are finished, please contact a member of CS leadership. If it meets certain standards, we'll do test runs on our events server and see where it goes from there.

Thanks!
 
Definitely! This will have advantages. We'll get to learn maps that we don't play, and more practice in different maps
 

Latest posts

Back
Top