eGO's 7th Birthday - Memories Thread

Dominion

Curmudgeon
Executive
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
2,831
egobirthday7.png


This day marks 7 years of outstanding gaming memories with eGO. We would love to hear some of your favorite eGO memories from the past year! Were you promoted to a new rank or position? Did you participate in a unique event? Were you the victim of a leadership joke (of course we would never do such a thing)? Be sure to share!

We will be handing out gifts to our favorite submissions from this thread at the end of the week.
This is just a casual way to share, no need to spend a lot of time!

Be sure to pick up your eGO 7th Birthday Badge as well (click on the award):
 
Last edited:
One memorable time for me was the 5th year anniversary clan wide gaming events. That was a lot of fun.
 
My personal favorite memory was all of the scheming/planning for April 1st this year. We had a blast with that in council! It was good enough to fool leadership members so I consider it quite an accomplishment.

The "Council" forums are still accessible: http://edge-gamers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1157

A few other scraps of the chaos:

IAa8SlH.png


03/31 18:24:57 Lucas15: http://i47.tinypic.com/907cw9.png

03/31 18:25:14 Dominion: How did you get access to that?

03/31 18:25:15 Lucas15: That's the screenshot of the private forums. I don't know who did it or how, but I figured you'd need that
03/31 18:25:17 Lucas15: I don't know

03/31 18:25:19 Dominion: ...
03/31 18:25:29 Dominion: What are you playing with on the website? Tell me now

03/31 18:25:37 Lucas15: Nothing, I swear on my life
03/31 18:25:44 Lucas15: I saw the message in shoutbox, refreshed page, and saw it

03/31 18:25:46 Dominion: Seriously, what did you do

03/31 18:25:49 Lucas15: Nothing

03/31 18:25:50 Dominion: Saw it where?

03/31 18:25:51 Lucas15: I promise
03/31 18:25:58 Lucas15: The message appeared in Shoutbox

03/31 18:26:01 Dominion: What message?

03/31 18:26:10 Lucas15: The announcement about Council promo
03/31 18:26:25 Lucas15: I'm not the only one apparently

03/31 18:26:39 Dominion: ...
03/31 18:26:47 Dominion: you realize we ban people for hacking our servers right?

03/31 18:26:57 Lucas15: Dominion, I've been dedicated to eGO for over 2 years
03/31 18:27:04 Lucas15: You can ask everyone, I would not do anything to harm eGO

03/31 18:27:07 Dominion: APRIL FOOLS NOOB

03/31 18:27:10 Lucas15: Oh
03/31 18:27:18 Lucas15: I seriously was about to cry

03/31 18:27:19 Dominion: :)
03/31 18:27:24 Dominion: Go get your medal of shame, we got you good

03/31 18:27:31 Lucas15: Yes you did
03/31 18:27:31 Lucas15: ;c
03/31 18:27:57 Lucas15: Please don't scare me like that again ;c

03/31 18:27:58 Dominion: http://edge-gamers.com/forums/egorewards.php?p=shame

03/31 18:40:26 XxDoomxX: i was told by cwhit to pm you
03/31 18:40:32 XxDoomxX: everyone has council permissions

03/31 18:41:11 Dominion: huh?
03/31 18:41:14 Dominion: what are you talking about?

03/31 18:41:24 XxDoomxX: go onto the forum
03/31 18:41:27 XxDoomxX: read shoutbox
03/31 18:41:30 XxDoomxX: everyone, including me
03/31 18:41:32 XxDoomxX: has council permissions

03/31 18:42:05 Dominion: do you have a screenshot? what do you mean you have council permissions?

03/31 18:42:14 XxDoomxX: pull me down and ill tell ya
03/31 18:42:18 XxDoomxX: im in cs rooms

03/31 18:42:38 Dominion: take a screenshot please

03/31 18:42:53 XxDoomxX: okay, while i do that, just go look at shoutbox
03/31 18:43:58 XxDoomxX: 000672919138a55dd7a578ff3539780d - CS:S Crackhouse

03/31 18:44:05 Dominion: wait
03/31 18:44:12 Dominion: how do you have an RCON password

03/31 18:44:14 XxDoomxX: is that evidence enough

03/31 18:44:15 Dominion: what did you do to the website?
03/31 18:44:18 Dominion: is that a threat?

03/31 18:44:22 XxDoomxX: no..
03/31 18:44:27 XxDoomxX: everyone is being promoted to council

03/31 18:44:34 Dominion: what are you doing to the website?
03/31 18:44:39 Dominion: how do you have access to that?

03/31 18:44:42 XxDoomxX: im not doing anything
03/31 18:44:44 XxDoomxX: everyone has access

03/31 18:44:46 Dominion: obviously you are

03/31 18:44:47 XxDoomxX: go look at shoutbox

03/31 18:45:11 Dominion: what did you do? tell me now

03/31 18:45:19 XxDoomxX: nothing!

03/31 18:45:32 Dominion: how do you have access to that category then!?

03/31 18:45:46 XxDoomxX: because I was promoted to council! with 100 other people
03/31 18:45:54 XxDoomxX: are you unable to look at shoubox?
03/31 18:46:06 XxDoomxX: i am trying to let you know

03/31 18:46:10 Dominion: this is unacceptable
03/31 18:46:14 Dominion: I should ban you for not being forward

03/31 18:46:17 XxDoomxX: people are getting access that shoiuldnt
03/31 18:46:26 XxDoomxX: something is wrong with the website

03/31 18:46:54 Dominion: http://tinyurl.com/2ht3po
03/31 18:47:08 Dominion: go get your medal of shame, we got you good
03/31 18:47:09 Dominion: http://edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237001

03/31 18:48:06 XxDoomxX: oh
03/31 18:48:42 XxDoomxX: but now everyone has council access.
03/31 18:48:50 XxDoomxX: i know its aprill fools joke
03/31 18:48:50 XxDoomxX: ha
03/31 18:48:51 XxDoomxX: but

03/31 18:48:51 Dominion: no they don't... it's a joke ;)

03/31 18:49:01 XxDoomxX: so you guys made a fake council forum?
03/31 18:50:59 XxDoomxX: man you guys go above and beyond!
03/31 18:51:09 XxDoomxX: thanks for the laughs

03/31 18:51:10 Dominion: hope you enjoy the threads

03/31 18:52:01 XxDoomxX: im waiting for people to ban themselfs trying the fake rcon passwords
 
Last edited:
April 1st 2013 was a day full of chaos and laughter. I think that day stands out for me more than any other. I can't wait to see what leadership thinks of next. Always entertaining around here! :)

Happy birthday EdgeGamers!

Looking forward to many more
 
My favorite moment of 2012 was switching to Op:X. The level of maturity, independence, and all-around badassitude in Op:X still brings me joy.

A close 17th place is the same as Dominion's. I even saved my own screenshot-- alas my medal doesn't say that anymore.

dam.png



5983.png
 
Last edited:
My personal favorite memory was all of the scheming/planning for April 1st this year. We had a blast with that in council! It was good enough to fool leadership members so I consider it quite an accomplishment.

The "Council" forums are still accessible: http://edge-gamers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1157

A few other scraps of the chaos:

My favorite moment of 2012 was switching to Op:X. The level of maturity, independence, and all-around badassitude in Op:X still brings me joy.

A close 17th place is the same as Dominion's. I even saved my own screenshot-- alas my medal doesn't say that anymore.


#Anime Rep

7f7e2c8308.png


326e810427.png


also

657c169eb4.png
'

But the best memories really, are in my sig.

e9a306b922.jpg

fb3b340d40.png
 
Last edited:
I think my best is when i ate 9 mustoreos with a non-emotional face. That and as always supporting eGO to its fullest in games!
 
Helping out the CS Division...Also being pranked by council xD
 
The time Meep got a gift set of a whole bunch of mustard from another eGO member and weirded her folks out.

The time that a certain nameless eGO kicked the replay bot for being AFK and borked the server.

Endless stalemates on Blackmesa.

Being promoted via a kick from the server for improper tags.
 
The time some noob managed to ban the css council member off of the event server along with them self during their own event. ECs these days, sheesh.
 
some of my best memories has been some of the weirdes and funniest conversations with fluffy and slayr late at night
 
Last edited:
Coming home really drunk and logging into vent and our jail server. Freekilled a few people and was singing on the mic. Then Ric pulled me in vent and told me to get off the servers while drunk. He was as drunk as I was to so he kept laughing while yelling at me.
 
The time some noob managed to ban the css council member off of the event server along with them self during their own event. ECs these days, sheesh.

And like 3 other members :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top