Apparently Valve has got ride of idling

Fluffy

Forum Fiend
Joined
Nov 28, 2012
Messages
674
You heard me right, Valve has fix the idling problem in their new update. The main thing that seems to stop it is that you must play on a VAC server to get your items now. So if you VAC banned, then no items for you AT ALL.

1. Will this drop the prices of keys, since everyone cannot idle in text mode as they usually do.

2. If I want to idle (which I do) does this mean I have to go to a idle server now?

3. This was the main reason why I got ride of my [Idle] tag.
 
Last edited:
2. If I want to idle (which I do) does this mean I have to go to a idle server now?

From what I hear that wouldn't work either as you have to now click ok on the popup screen when you get a new item before you can get another one.
 
The only way to completely get rid of idling is to have a feature that kicks all idles.

Also why would you be VAC banned :s
 
The only way to completely get rid of idling is to have a feature that kicks all idles.

Also why would you be VAC banned :s

No, I have some friends who were vac banned, and I think this would hurt them.
 
You can still idle to fill the servers, you just won't get your random drops by doing it.

To get random drops, you must be actively playing the game.
 
"You heard me right, Valve has fix the idling problem in their new update. The main thing that seems to stop it is that you must play on a VAC server to get your items now. So if you VAC banned, then no items for you AT ALL. "

You don't get item drops on non-vac secured servers anyway, hell all your items get removed when you get vac banned anyway. sooooooooooooooooo, nothing has changed.
 
I max out my drops via playtime, I don't see the point of idling for items :\
 
You can still idle to fill the servers, you just won't get your random drops by doing it.

To get random drops, you must be actively playing the game.

This is correct see here:
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=11105
Is connected to a VAC secured server.
Is responding to in-game drop notifications while not utilizing external programs to do so.
Is running only one instance of the game.
Is not in textmode.



You heard me right, Valve has fix the idling problem in their new update. The main thing that seems to stop it is that you must play on a VAC server to get your items now. So if you VAC banned, then no items for you AT ALL.

1. Will this drop the prices of keys, since everyone cannot idle in text mode as they usually do.

2. If I want to idle (which I do) does this mean I have to go to a idle server now?

3. This was the main reason why I got ride of my [Idle] tag.

Regarding the vac banned idling, you are also trade banned so even if you idle you cannot trade your items.

1. People will still idle just outside of textmode.

2. Whats the difference between a normal server and an idle server? They both vac secured.


And last, I personally don't like people that idle for items, I like people who idle to fill servers and help our servers.
 
Last edited:
Valve has banned Idol? No, He just posted. /returns to cowering under an anti-ban shield/
 
Money says that the community makes a workaround within a month
 
Crap....

No more idling in offline practice at night....
 
Sometimes I use my old desktop as a TF2 idling machine to fill servers in the morning and I'll still idle for FFTF whenever I dont use the computer in the morning.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top