I have a dark sense of humour, but is this TOO dark?

CroutonsofDeath{RD}

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jan 2, 2007
Messages
1,067
I recently started a series entitled 'Beelzeboss' and the most recent issues both parody Day of Defeat source and TF2. I found a way to bring them together hand in hand, while writing the second portion of the TF2 parody, I remembered that at the end of the DODS parody, Nazis grabbed the time machine and invaded the US. I generally tend to have a dark sense of humour, and this series is a little more whacko than dark, but it has it's moments [especially considering that the son of the devil is the main character] but while writing the second half of the TF2 parody, my link to the DODS [or WW2] parody, happened to be that the RED medic was in fact, Dr. Mangela.

I haven't finished the comic, but I have already done a good chunk. But when I got back to the main plot, and the part where I first bring Dr. Mangela in, I went into photoshop and found that I could find absolutely no jokes that would make it funny. The scene he first appears in has him pretending to 'heal' a cowardly heavy after he was impaled by a potted plant [He forgot his gun] and Mangela found it to be a perfect time to start one of his experiments, and he cut up the heavy and made him a zombie. I know that sometimes my humour gets violent and dark, what with spontaneous combustion, heads being popped, people getting super cancer, but I just have a kinda feeling that this is going too dark. I just can't think of any way to make it funny :-\

For the sake of the story, I still want to keep Dr. Mangela in, but I think maybe his bit needs to be toned down a bit. If anyone has any ideas, lemme know. Just an fyi, you can read the original first part on the other forum, here: http://edgegamers.us/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?119847
 
Haha, very nice Crouton, I loved the TF2 stuff, great work! :D
P.s. great avatar Pink Floyd ftw D:
 

Latest posts

Back
Top