Headset support with TF2?

Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
194
I'm using a Logitech USB headset to use ingame VOIP. Windows creates separate recording and playback devices for the mic and speaker on the headset. I can use the mic in TF2 by setting it as the default recording device in Windows, but is there anyway I can set up TF2 to just send other peoples voice over my headset speaker instead of the regular speakers I'm using for the game? If not, they should really add this feature because I doubt I'm the only one that wants to do this. Thanks guys
 
what do you mean setting it to my sound card? Right now my sound card is the default playback device and all audio comes out there, but I want to separate the voice from the rest of the game sounds and put the voice to my headset device.
 
AG, does the voice in game come out of your headset speaker instead of with the rest of the sound on the regular speakers?
 
Essentially he wants to separate the voice chat and the game music into two different channels. He wants to hear the game sounds from his speakers and voice in his headset. I can think of a few ways to do this in theory, but I'm fairly certain in practice it isn't doable without knowing a LOT more about the HL2 engine and sound driver software than I do. I don't know of any simple or out-of-the-box ways to do this.
 
yeah thats what I thought I just didn't know if I couldn't figure it out. Honestly I think it's kind of dumb that this feature doesn't exist, seems to be something other people would want to.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top