Anzio Update!

I dont mind friendly fire, I am capable of not shooting my teammates. Doesnt happen that often. However, I was always falling victim to getting shot while priming a nade, and blowing up my homies.

I am excited to try it, I hope it helps the server!

Q

Me too!
 
Me and Wewo are the grammar police. On a side note i'm with Minay in that I don't think that is the root of the issue. However I always entertain the possibility of being wrong.

back to police school for you... "wewo and I..." :thumbup:
 
Well good, at least it'll be like before when Anzio was super popular without FF enabled before our last two Members of the Year campaigned to have it changed because Anzio was doing so well.
 
I realized FF was off today when I tried to tk my teammate trying to cap out. :(
No more anti-capout measures.
 

That was the joke dumbies :P

as a side note :p saying "me and whoever" may be grammatically incorrect

but it is linguistically correct/acceptable.

Anyways this change may help Anzio more than we think. Some players join and just like to TK, now we will likely have more quality players
 
Last edited:
I don't have an extreme opinion one way or the other but I enjoyed having FF on in servers. I was able to blow hamham up with a rocket and make bacon...
 
Well good, at least it'll be like before when Anzio was super popular without FF enabled before our last two Members of the Year campaigned to have it changed because Anzio was doing so well.

I hope you meant the last three DoD Members of the Year (2010 for me). I hope the changes work but the server has been "struggling" for years-- that's right, years. If I remember correctly, Anzio has "needed the community's help" since early 2011.

But I'm sure this isn't the place to discuss opinions about Anzio. I can read it now "This thread was only posted to announce the changes to Anzio. Thread closed.
 
I don't have an extreme opinion one way or the other but I enjoyed having FF on in servers. I was able to blow hamham up with a rocket and make bacon...

Are you a Minecraft spy? :O
 
I recently asked (likely not in the right places) about the FF being lifted on Anzio. I enjoy the FF. And think there should be a FF server at all times for people to play on.

The issue that is bigger than FF or even map is the apparent fact that there are only about 2,000 people on the planet that want to play DOD:S at any given time.

Would the second best server be another Avalanche server? How many people don't wait to join the map and exit DOD? I wonder...
 
I hope you meant the last three DoD Members of the Year (2010 for me). I hope the changes work but the server has been "struggling" for years-- that's right, years. If I remember correctly, Anzio has "needed the community's help" since early 2011.

But I'm sure this isn't the place to discuss opinions about Anzio. I can read it now "This thread was only posted to announce the changes to Anzio. Thread closed.

Sorry, forgot its been that long :(
 
Sorry, forgot it's been that long :(

I know buddy, I know. <3

I recently asked (likely not in the right places) about the FF being lifted on Anzio. I enjoy the FF. And think there should be a FF server at all times for people to play on.

The issue that is bigger than FF or even map is the apparent fact that there are only about 2,000 people on the planet that want to play DOD:S at any given time.

Would the second best server be another Avalanche server? How many people don't wait to join the map and exit DOD? I wonder...

You hit on two important facets that have a huge impact for DoD.

1. The low game population makes it difficult to consistently fill servers, especially five public servers with at least two of the five servers struggling to fill up half way. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, DoD is and has been a dying game for a while. Fortunately, I doubt that the DoD division will disappear anytime soon. Unfortunately, serious changes need to be made to keep our successful server on top.

2. It wouldn't be wise to create a second Avalanche server as we would essentially make competition for our #1 ranked map. To answer your question, about the "second best server;" it would be in our best interest to concentrate on our second-highest ranked server (Donner) and our other supportable servers instead of wasting time with servers that draw members, pubs, and other resources away.
 
I hope you meant the last three DoD Members of the Year (2010 for me). I hope the changes work but the server has been "struggling" for years-- that's right, years. If I remember correctly, Anzio has "needed the community's help" since early 2011.

But I'm sure this isn't the place to discuss opinions about Anzio. I can read it now "This thread was only posted to announce the changes to Anzio. Thread closed.

We allow anyone to openly discuss things about Anzio, however sarcasm and cynicism are not appreciated and do not solve any of the problems, it only agitates people.

Well good, at least it'll be like before when Anzio was super popular without FF enabled before our last two Members of the Year campaigned to have it changed because Anzio was doing so well.

Your sarcasm is noted as well.
 
I know buddy, I know. <3



You hit on two important facets that have a huge impact for DoD.

1. The low game population makes it difficult to consistently fill servers, especially five public servers with at least two of the five servers struggling to fill up half way. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, DoD is and has been a dying game for a while. Fortunately, I doubt that the DoD division will disappear anytime soon. Unfortunately, serious changes need to be made to keep our successful server on top.

2. It wouldn't be wise to create a second Avalanche server as we would essentially make competition for our #1 ranked map. To answer your question, about the "second best server;" it would be in our best interest to concentrate on our second-highest ranked server (Donner) and our other supportable servers instead of wasting time with servers that draw members, pubs, and other resources away.

A thoughtful and constuctive post. Donner really needs no more extra help, its currently 8th and slowly climbing. All of our servers are still in the top 100, Strand is slipping, but we have restricted weapons to hopefully help the slow fills that Strand was experiencing.

Yes Anzio has needed help for a very long time, I myself have dumped 100's of hours into it. We are just asking you to come in and try it out, if you don't like it, don't play there. We will still support all our servers like we have already, we fill them up from the most popular down.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top