What's the story behind your name?

We watch the Red Green show a lot; anyone from Canada is probably familar with it. Anyways, they use ducktape a lot to solve their problems, or to just make cool inventions. Like the time they went to the beach, and Red needed to blow up a lot of beach toys, so he used ducktape to attach a rubber hose to the tailpipe of his car and...well, I wouldn't try that at home, but it's funny on tv !shy It was either this or Possum Lodge (another Red Green thing)
 
My friends sometimes compare me to the fictional character of "That's 70's show", they say I am soft and loving with my wife and ready to put my foot up someones a** if needed.

Red = R.E.D


(I don't know if the words a** or dumba** are permitted so I put asterisks on them)
 
Got mine from SMB3... the TANOOKI SUIT FTW!!!... then I added the "Everything Zen" because it's a on going thing me and my buddy have going on.... Since me and him are pretty much obsessed with the band bush... We put their songs in our gaming names sometimes as jokes... lol
 
[quote1208962585=Tanooki]
Got mine from SMB3... the TANOOKI SUIT FTW!!!... then I added the "Everything Zen" because it's a on going thing me and my buddy have going on.... Since me and him are pretty much obsessed with the band bush... We put their songs in our gaming names sometimes as jokes... lol
[/quote1208962585]
And here I thought you were going to mention a certain mythological Japanese creature with a very exaggerated feature on its anatomy.
 
I used to go by jinexile (j in exile) because I was living way out in the boonies but when I moved back to the city it just didn't fit anymore so i switched to Original Syn, it is a play on words and has more to do with the Syn/Ack/Fin tcp handshake than religion.
 
If any of you have played any of the recent fire emblem games (Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn) Alondite is the name of the blessed sword the black knight uses.
 
Hah, theres some great stories here for peoples nicks. Some good ideas too if I ever need to figure out a future one!

Mine is obviously from the Wheel of Time series. Originally I went by the name of Varent which was from a book I read 10+ years ago which I can't even remember anymore. After my ICQ account was hacked oh so long ago I lost the will to use Varent and I switched to Saidin from the books which I was reading at the time. And it's stuck on me ever since.

For anyone who has never read the series Saidin is the name given to the male half of the power they use in that book for magic.

And no, it has nothing to do with Sadism or Satin. I get that a lot for some reason.
 
MY name is 5stargeneralAlphansnake

I break it up as 5stargerneral------Alpha--------------snake
-------------------(play alot of ------(favorite-----------(medal gear
--------------------war games)-------Squad)-------------solid)
 
i use to be fearoshima, then started playing sniper a lot. lol karma is just my way of showing the reasoning behind why people die in tf2. or get headshotted. multiple times.
 
shamelessly reviving after two weeks of inactivity

I have always been a pirate, ever since I saw the animated "Peter Pan" Disney movie when I was a kid. I was a pirate for halloween for at least five years in a row.

UT '99 was my first online gaming experience, and I went by Killer_Pirate because you couldn't have spaces in your name, and I thought "killer" was a cool adjective. Because I was 10. I used it in UT2K4 as well.

When I started playing CSS I kept Killer_Pirate for a short time, but eventually decided that I needed a cooler adjective. I changed my name to "Lunatic_Pirate," keeping the underscore as a nod to my old nick. When I joined up with my CSS clan, I registered on the forums as "Drew The Pirate," just because it was more personal. I've been Drew The Pirate ever since.

Who needs stupid adjectives anyways :P
 
I suppose most people would think mine is from "Johnny Cage". But it's not.

Mine would have to come from the east coast hip-hop group (NOT RAP!). "The Weathermen". Their logo, which is also tattooed on both of my triceps, is my avatar (W/M). Cage happens to be one of the members and is probably one of my favorite hip-hop artists of all time.
 
well i was JRW4u back in the quake 2 quake 3 arena and then tfc days which meant Jarheads Retarded War For You.. I just made something up from my initials... Well when tf2 came out i just started using JarHeaD
 
Okay.. so.. the killer part of my name is because it was like three years ago when i came up with my nick.. but the mus part? My name is malthe, and there happened to be a cheese product called Malthe-Ost(Ost = cheese) Sooo... I got nick'ed mus (M-Oou-s) by my nasty classmates.. anyway, i just thought it would be a good combination... i mean.. its unique.
(Notice all the dots when i write... its my text-based version of mumbling)
 
When I did security work down in Seattle at a warehouse, a worker there who was rather old would always tell me the most amazing stories. Turned out he was a Pilot in the Vietnam Conflict and would conduct Broken Arrow bombing runs and air-raids for Force Recon / Green Beret / Navy SEAL / CIA groups. One of them was not just an emergency call for all available air support, it was actually an "Operation" that was conducted by our military to destroy a heavily defended NVA supply route. It was "Operation Arclight" which is <i>not</i> to be confused with the operation of the same name "Arc Light". There's no space in my name, also, theres only ONE letter H. It's not Archlight, that'd just be silly and make no sense.

Oh, I forgot the main reason. It was the single heaviest saturation of explosives and bombs of all times. Hundreds of tons of munitions were dropped on a 15 mile, thin strip of dirt, hidden by Lush Jungle canopy.

And I never knew "Ephyu" was Egyptian. At all. I thought he was an alternative phonetic spelling for a sneeze.
 
Ddraig Goch is Welsh for Red Dragon. My mother was born in Wales so it only feels right to use the image of my heratige as my name.

flag_wales.jpg
 
Surprisingly enough my name isn't Half-Life related (G-Man hur hur.) I got in from the song "Junior G-Man" by The Allstonians.
 
Based off at 1985 Kung Fu movie The Last Dragon
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089461/

In this film "The Shogun of Harlem" is Sho'nuff. He has a possie that follows him around and repeats "Sho'Nuff" when ever he says "Who's the Masta". I like that ...

He also glows red from his power ... better dead than red ... no wait, nevermind..

Leeroy Brown is the master of the yellow glow and is Sho'Nuff's nemesis ... but only when he learns his true glow power ...
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top