To cap or to camp?

Ruklukk

Rookie
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
63
Well I had lots of fun on Anzio the other night. Some very good rounds and I realized the reason was because every time I would go to cap bridge or church there was Meg. It has had me watching games more closely and being amazed at the number of people who hang back when the win is ready to be grabbed.

I look at Kills + Objectives:Death ratio. Some people I see in the games 16-22 with 12 caps which to me is more impressive than 25-6 with 2 caps.

I'd like to build a group within the division that is determined to cap at almost all costs. The shock troops who win rounds. Once we know who we are we can be sure to work together ftw.

What kind of player are you? "Move forward? I might get shot!" or "IF enough other people run up then I will go once I see they didn't get shot." or "MG fire can't hit me if I run fast enough! We're gonna wi.....aaarrrggghhh"
 
Let's see, from my stats:
Kills: 7,615
Deaths: 10,276
K/D: 0.741 (much higher than i thought)
Flag captured: 1,192

Most of these kills are in Donner, followed by kalt.

So to answer your question, Ruklukk. I am not a camper nor am I a capper. I am inbetween them.
I am the suicidal maniac in the day. I am the genius that runs infront of an active MG (happened quite a few times.). I am the smart-boy that loves launching rockets(filled with love, care, and cinnamon buns) at sniper houses.

I am the night. I am
desenhos-batman-1.gif





Wait...there are flags?

Yeah, they taste like apple pie
 
Last edited:
Well I had lots of fun on Anzio the other night. Some very good rounds and I realized the reason was because every time I would go to cap bridge or church there was Meg. It has had me watching games more closely and being amazed at the number of people who hang back when the win is ready to be grabbed.

I look at Kills + Objectives:Death ratio. Some people I see in the games 16-22 with 12 caps which to me is more impressive than 25-6 with 2 caps.

I'd like to build a group within the division that is determined to cap at almost all costs. The shock troops who win rounds. Once we know who we are we can be sure to work together ftw.

What kind of player are you? "Move forward? I might get shot!" or "IF enough other people run up then I will go once I see they didn't get shot." or "MG fire can't hit me if I run fast enough! We're gonna wi.....aaarrrggghhh"



why not just be both? :)

When we're playing scrims / 12 mans, I'm usually towards the top in terms of kills + flag caps for the team even though I'm the sniper. Just sayin.. ;)
 
why not just be both? :)

When we're playing scrims / 12 mans, I'm usually towards the top in terms of kills + flag caps for the team even though I'm the sniper. Just sayin.. ;)

kobe
 
I usually never cap flags unless it's a double and we need it to keep the game going, I notice that when people do cap out and the server is struggling it can kill the server. I'd rather play a good back and forth game for the bridge on Kalt than rush for the other teams first and second.
 
why not just be both? :)

When we're playing scrims / 12 mans, I'm usually towards the top in terms of kills + flag caps for the team even though I'm the sniper. Just sayin.. ;)

That's because you're always baiting us. Don't lie Anti.
 
Just because someone is 0 - 100 - 20, does not mean he is camping. Maybe he is past up the flags near spawn killing the opposing team to prevent them breaking your caps?
 
I like to feel out what the team is doing. If everyone i just kinda hanging about and not really doing much about capping then it is fun to get kills and run around with a shovel. But if the game chatter is up and people are being semi-serious I'll say screw it and sacrifice myself for the win!
 
Just because someone is 0 - 100 - 20, does not mean he is camping. Maybe he is past up the flags near spawn killing the opposing team to prevent them breaking your caps?

I am a rusher's rusher, but many times I skip a cap to help the team. What good is flanking on Kalt only to cap the 2nd flag and get shot immediately. I usually skip the cap and flank either bridge or snipe house.
 
I play a lot of Donner and Avalanche and it makes my teeth itch when I see an assault laying down making s'mores at my team's second when we are holding tank and pushing. It's public and I don't ever say anything, though I will leave server out of frustration when 3/4's of the team doesn't know how to move up.

To your question Wewo "What good is flanking on Kalt only to cap the 2nd flag and get shot immediately. [?]" I will usually cap the flag if for no other reason than to get an idea of enemy movements. It will also make them (sometimes) perform a security check which means my troops trying to cap the bridge will have fewer of the enemy while the reinforcements try to figure out how their 2 got capped. Plus I need the points...
 
I'm with Jersey on this one, if the team isn't really playing competitively, then I'll mess around, but other than that, I try to aim for the objectives more, but I usually only go for the double caps to help balance the scores or the middle flag on Anzio, because why not?
 
Im not good enough to just go for KD score. I get massively bored when I am in the same spot for too long. I prefer to rush flags. Or get in deep and punch a sniper or MG in the face. That gives me the most enjoyment. I will die 10 times in a row trying to get to a certain spot. For example, the enemy sniper house on Donner.

I enjoy those moments at the beginning of getting a server started where we run around and melee/no scope/pistol each other, but even more so I enjoy when the pubs start joining and shooting, and seeing those lovely 2 words "WEAPONS HOT!"
 
Like some people said capping flags blindly is sometimes a bad strategy. Think about mid-flag on Anzio. What is the point of capping that flag when your team has church other team has bridge? You know you are not going to win by capping it and soon enough the other team will take it back. It does no good. In fact, it is better not to cap mid flag on Anzio in a draw-game because it signals to the other team where the enemy is. By capping it you remove this sign from your team. Of course, if you are about to lose then capping the mid-flag and camping is the right strategy if your goal is to win, but otherwise it is a bad strategy to blindly cap it.
 
I disagree. Capping mid will tell you when the enemy retakes it. You can estimate their position when taking it back (especially as allies). You also force them to allocate manpower to recapturing it before or during a bridge/church capture.

That isn't to say I have gone out of my way to not cap it (as allied) so I can sneak up on them. It is situational but I have seen more than a few rounds saved because of a mid that didn't get recapped.

I don't camp flags though, I'm off looking for the next one and figuring the win is right around the corner as long as I ADVANCE...
 
I generally just loiter and protect caps for the most part. Or on Anzio i'll just keep taking middle and wait for someone to come take it back. See too few people protecting the ground we take while everyone else runs off to their doom. Hah
 
Back
Top