Fried Green Computer Parts

Q-tip

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Sep 24, 2011
Messages
2,330
Hey all,

Just letting everyone know, I fried my motherboard trying to upgrade my memory. I have a new one ordered and paid for, should be here around Friday. Then I just have to install it, and I should be back in action for the weekend.


Q
 
Hey all,

Just letting everyone know, I fried my motherboard trying to upgrade my memory. I have a new one ordered and paid for, should be here around Friday. Then I just have to install it, and I should be back in action for the weekend.


Q

So how did you type this message? :huh: :P
 
That has to be one of the worst feelings, when you realize what has happened. I remember a number of years ago now the bracket holding my heatsink to CPU/Motherboard snapped in half (no fault of my own, the manufacture paid to fix all the broken parts in my PC). There was a loud cracking noise and then the sound of metal hitting metal as the heatsink fell, ripped out my RAM, cracked my graphics card and snapped my soundcard. Also, as a result of the CPU running with no heatsink on it, it melted that. At the time ended up being 2500 in parts to replace, thankfully it was all on the company who made the faulty part!


Hope it comes together quickly for you.
 
You know im local tip. You need help with your comp just hit me up my friend. Ill give ya a hand.
 
sorry to hear that tipper, i have to admit i've done it myself before and it's not fun, see you soon man
 
that completely explains why my kill to death ratio has gone up. You haven't been on
 
IM BAAAAAAAACK!!

Thanks to the shipper being in the next state over, it shipped wednesday morning and I got it wednesday afternoon. had to manually update some drivers, and I am sure I still have some minor tweaks to do, but so far all is well... whew! I was fiending for some dods!
 
Someone build me a computer and ship it to me. I am playing a store bought HP that is a few years old 60fps in DODs. It doesn't look too bad but I know it can do better. I doubt it can handle BF4 or CS:go. Welcome back though Tip, just in time for the weekend!
 
Someone build me a computer and ship it to me. I am playing a store bought HP that is a few years old 60fps in DODs. It doesn't look too bad but I know it can do better. I doubt it can handle BF4 or CS:go. Welcome back though Tip, just in time for the weekend!

Message me on steam some time, I might be able to help you get a few extra gigawatts out of your mini HP capacitor or see what can be done to get up to the full 88 mph with a rig that will make doc brown jealous.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top