Heartstone is awesome

Taunt just limits your ability to use your minions to attack them directly. Or anything other than the taunt. You'll find it's much more frustrating to play against a deck that has enough removal in it to not let you have a single card on the board.

And that is the answer to your question. Removal or buffs for your minions to take card of them. Or have 4-5 of your own taunts!
 
I was in the very first wave of keys, been playing on and off ever since.
 
A couple days ago, I put together a priest Arena deck.

Every creature had taunt (except about three). And for those three, I had a couple Champion of Argus. I had opponents concede in pure disgust.
 
This just happened

rbQ9qGk.jpg
 
Nice pull!

I managed to get a Grommash out of a pack a week ago or so. He kicks butt in warrior decks. It's hilarious to play him, use a whirlwind of some sort to give him +6, then smack your opponent in the face.

Also, for those of you playing, I recommend stopping by the website Hearthhead. It has all the cards, comments, forums, decklists, etc. It's an amazing resource.
 
Hand of Protection and Blessing of Kings are fantastic, especially together. Just for fun, I threw out my Gelbin and buffed him up to a 13/10 with Divine Shield.

Needless to say, I won kinda quickly.
 
I need to share this story.

I just played against a guy in the arena. He was played Paladin and I played Warlock. From the start towards the end he was playing really aggressively and spammed emotes through the game. It started off with constant "sorry" spam and after around I was at half health or so it turned into "well played."

Now, I ended up at 3 health with no taunt and the spam continues. I Life Tap for a card, dropping me to 1 health and get Defender of Argas to make the game longer. He was sitting at 26 health himself. Luckily I did have a beefed up Void Terror that are a Molten Giant (played at 0 mana cost the turn before).

So thanks to my two taunts and his deck apparently lacking any kind of removal, he suddenly stops his emotes when I have a 13/8 Void Terror with taunt and I slap him in the face with it.

His turn he plays his whole hand and has nothing. Out of spite, I start spamming "well played" myself while he wastes time and lets the timer run out, which gave me MORE time to spam "well played" myself.

Wonderful game.
 
I was playing against a Rogue as a Warlock. We were both around 15 health. He had board control and plays Gelbin Mekkatorque. It summoned a Repair Bot. Right after he plays the whatever Rogue minion that gives stealth and used that on the Repair Bot. Turn ends, the Bot heals me, I thank him. *Stuff happens* End of his next turn, the Bot heals me, I thank him again. *Stuff happens* End of another of his turn, the Bot heals me, and I thank him.

He rage quits.

Best Hearthstone game ever.



Also I unpacked my first legendary. It was Hogger! Whee!
 
Hogger is my only legendary as well (well, aside from Gelbin, which is fairly useless). I include him in most of my decks. It's great for bait, or if left alone, lots of free taunts!
 
Hogger is my only legendary as well (well, aside from Gelbin, which is fairly useless). I include him in most of my decks. It's great for bait, or if left alone, lots of free taunts!

I made a random Warlock deck with my Hogger in it. That and couple Faceless Manipulators. I actually managed to play both to get double Hogger action. :P It was great!
 
I have a couple legendaries, barring Gelbin. I have a Grommash Hellscream (who is HILARIOUS with Cruel Taskmaster) and Tinkmaster Overspark, which works wonderfully in my paladin deck.

Also:

Jawneh, about your story, I ran into exactly the same type of person. It was a priest, though. He put out a Gurubashi Berseker and got it up to 15 attack that turn, spamming sorry the whole way.

Unfortunately, I was playing Paladin and had a Humility in my hand. I played it and began spamming sorry, which shut him up.

Later, he played another two and began buffing them, spamming sorry again. Unfortunately, he was only at 4 health.

So I played a Truesilver Champion and apologized. He ragequit before I could land the last blow.

God, I love games like that.
 
So I was playing a random unranked game to do my quests. I played with a Priest and ended up playing against a Mage. I went second and pretty much throughout the whole game I had the advantage.

Come late game, he's down to less than half his HP and as a last ditch effort with almost no cards left he plays Deathwing to clear my board. Also he was a jerk and said "Well played".

At this point I started smirking like an idiot for what was about to happen.

I Faceless Manipulator his Deathwing and then Power Word: Death'd it. And since I'm a jerk I said "Well played".

He rage quits.
 
Jawneh, I think we'd get along.

Reminds me, if any of you want to add my battle tag, it's Funden#1882.
 
My Btag is Fraurrix#1897

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are if your tag doesn't match your eGO name.
 
Ah, I love playing a giant mage. too bad we're getting nerfed. again.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_1.15.2014.09.48.11.png


Here is what happens when you ignore a 9-7 beast for multiple turns thinking getting me low is going to kill me. It's like they never suspect the secret I played 4 turns ago was an ice block. Or maybe he just thought I would get the 3/3. IDK.
 
That fireball. Did you use that or your hero ability?

'cause the latter would have been mean :P
 
Best thing to do is to do another Ice Block, then Arcane Intellect and see what happens next turn. :P

i finished him off. didn't want him to top deck an alexstrasza or something. recent nerfs made me ditch pyro though. and switch to a paladin. Crafted a golden rag and golden ysera. really powerful legendaries. currently up to rank 11.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top