AWESOME QUESTION! I play heavy competitively in UGC and there is some strategy to it. The most important thing is when you start to spin up or shoot always jump forward. That way you will be closer to your target before you have to slow down. Do this ALWAYS when turning corners just in case there is a enemy there. Having a medic with you is always nice but not a nessesity. Always just shoot at anyone no matter if they are red or blu. You'll get use to it after a while. If you have any more questions feel free to add me on steam!
Thanks a lot, bud. So it's more of a short range class?
Thanks a lot, bud. So it's more of a short range class?
m+w1
You're definitely going to need your w key. Leave that one alone. Bind every other key on your keyboard to Call Medic. Hold down the w key with your left hand and randomly smash other keys with your right hand. When you see anybody, and I mean anybody, move your right hand to your mouse where you hold down the left mouse button. Respawn and repeat.
Maserati said:w+m1
Also, make sure you carry a sandvich and give it to your medic![]()

Haha. In all seriousness, though, heavy is quite effective if you play as an ambush class. It is less about aiming (dat bullet spread) and more about situational awareness. Knowing where to catch enemies flat-footed on a given map is critical. Learn not to focus down your sights at all times- be constantly looking ahead for snipers and behind for spies.
Also, don't mess with anything other than stock minigun, sandvich and GRU unless you are trolling or have a specific scenario in mind (like Huo Long Heater on PL). Don't worry about missing your shotgun, just keep your minigun fed properly and your medic in one piece.
Gloves of Running Urgently. I personally use stock fists, but I should probably switch.Thanks man. Probably the best advice I've heard. What's the GRU though? I use the stock minigun by why not bother with the other ones?