Wth?

kYuKi

Poster Extraordinaire
=(e)=
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
2,354
So I was messing around with Hammer and I don't have steam running. After compiling the map I exited it and all of a sudden DOD:S starts up. What the hell?

I have "Don't run the game after compiling" not selected.

How is this even possible? :confused1:
 
What is Hammer? And dont say 'a thing to drive nails' for all you smart alecs...

It seems that you have Ghosts in the Machine... I would be willing to bet that your other game issues are related somehow...
 
glad you were able to make it to realism last night kyuki, it was good to have you
 
What is Hammer? And dont say 'a thing to drive nails' for all you smart alecs...

It seems that you have Ghosts in the Machine... I would be willing to bet that your other game issues are related somehow...

Source Map Maker, Hammer.

Didn't know I was missed Bergen :P.
 
Hammer has had a lot of issues after the Steam Pipe update. Even if you have "don't run..." after you compile it will automatically fire up DOD:S anyway. I'm surprised you figured out how to get hammer to work with the new DOD:S folders anyway...to answer your question it's just something you have to deal with. I doubt they'll fix it as I'm sure Valve has already forgotten about all of it's DOD:S extras.
 
Hammer has had a lot of issues after the Steam Pipe update. Even if you have "don't run..." after you compile it will automatically fire up DOD:S anyway. I'm surprised you figured out how to get hammer to work with the new DOD:S folders anyway...to answer your question it's just something you have to deal with. I doubt they'll fix it as I'm sure Valve has already forgotten about all of it's DOD:S extras.

I read online that they're trying to separate map making for each source game because it was cluttered with problems with old games, new games, and mods trying to load on one configuration.

You can find it in steamapps\common\dods\bin\ folder.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top