Most Hated and Loved thing in TF2?

I love pyros, I love reflect kills, I love the humor/silliness of the game play.

I hate scouts.
 
Well it is a strong word, but that's what I was asking. I was hoping we could look past the things that we just disliked and find annoying like crits. Take my own as an example, I really can't stand arrogant people. If I ever encounter those types of people, usually I try not to make it big deal out of it and ignore it. Sometimes if it gets bad enough I leave the server completely so that I don't have to deal with that person anymore. I know for a fact this bitterness towards these kind of people has stemmed from my experiences in the League of Legends. Anyway I understand if you guys don't hate anything in tf2 it's a fantastic game with not much to despise, I just wanted to know if anyone else has any similar issues, which quite frankly I hope you don't because it sucks hating something. I also threw on the what you love part to help balance out all the negativity, it's always nice to remember why tf2 is the best hat simulator in the world.

TLDR: Don't play LoL, it makes you a bitter hateful person.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I don't play league anymore.


I like how this game has a learning curve that is tolerable to new players.

I dislike the economy and how obsessed people get with it.
They're not real hats. You can't actually wear them. They are not worth hundreds of dollars.
 
I love hats and clicking heads, but I hate how there is trading.
Okay trading may be a love/hat thing, but still irks me.

This grammar-fail-on-purpose is officially sanctioned by the eGO Grammar Police


As for love/hate stuff?
(In no particular order)

Hates:
Spies
Spies
The Plog
Spies
The piss gun
Spies
Darwin's Danger Shield
Spies
The new Chargin' Targe
Spies
Getting spawn camped
Spies
Heavies with crits. I mean, seriously. Why don't you just spam an sm_slay @aim bind? It would work just as well?
Oh, did I mention I hate spies?


Loves:
2Fort
Clicking heads (even though I fail)
Falling asleep at keyboard and waking up only to discover I destroyed entire enemy team by only pushing down a key and a button
Letting my sentries do all the work
Winning
Healing people. Sometimes I just get tired of killing people. But yeah. Healing the people who are doing the killing? No conscience issues there?
 
I like the background stories of the characters, the comics, the outside-game of TF2.
I hate that Hats=Experience (Even though I still love hats...).
 
I like Egypt. I get excited just thinking about the sticky traps... :drool: When I am haunting those tunnels, I am a happy aberration.

Not that it is necessary to expound further on the virtues of that glorious desert paradise, but I really like how simple the gameplay is there. Easy to grasp, no back and forth, just 'advance' on attack and 'hold them at all costs' on defense.

I hate spies and snipers. Playing against them is meh, but playing WITH them is far worse. >.< Something about these classes seems to attract new players (OMG OP instakillz!!1) and often this game feels like a race to the bottom- whoever has the fewest greenhorn snipers and failspies wins.

I like newbies, we need a constant influx of new people to keep the game alive and healthy! That being said, they should really figure out how to play as part of the team instead of signing up to be the third spy or fourth sniper. They will enjoy the game more if they aren't getting rolled due to poor team composition.
 
Love: When a homewrecker pyro protects your buildings from spies.
Hate: When the pyro leaves for half a minute and all of your buildings are sapped.
 
Love: When I'm pocketing a really good demo, soldier, or even heavy. A special bond can grow between a Medic and a good pocket power class... and I seek out those players who I know want to and will rock hard with a little Medigun love. When someone is in the zone in that scenario... so much fun.

Hate: Auto-balance. I know the popular chorus is that auto-balance prevents team-stacking from unbalancing and inevitably clearing servers. That is true a small portion of the time and I support that. The rest of the time all it really does is punish one team for having proper class balance, while the other team has three snipers, three spies, four scouts, and two engies... and shockingly is destroyed, and then basically rewarded. Boom, auto-balance. A corollary to this is when I look at the class roster on the team and choose one that no one else is playing... then look again a minute later and three other people have switched over to what I selected. Dumb-dumbs. It didn't hurt to have one sniper out there... we did not need you all to join me.
 
What I hate most about TF2 : the hordes of entitled 12 year olds that are a cancer to this game.......

What I love most? The sheer wackiness of this game and funny things that happen every match. You can play the same map over and over and not get bored because something funny is sure to happen.
 
I love the creativity of the game.
Like you said, it's one heck of a crazy game with gravity defying boys with scatterguns and psychos in gasmasks that somehow everyone loves and finds adorable. It's a game of escape, a game that I think we all secretly wish we lived in, as long as there is respawning c;

I hate bad players. Bad as in bad sportsmanship. I don't like when people use the term "noob" or make anyone feel bad about their playing. I sometimes do find myself irritated by Black Box wielding Soldiers hopping on to battlements to abuse the Snipers and "W+M1" Pyros, but I would never insult them for that. After all, there are people, possibly children, behind these cartoonish characters.

I don't hate trading, but I don't like people who hardly play the game but have a $3500 backpack. I admit to trading a little here and there, but I'm not swimming in Strange Festives and Unusuals. The game is 100x better than the trading community, and I know we're all aware of that. I'm actually in the process of teaching a friend of mine how to play TF2, and I'm debating whether I should even bother going over the trading community with her. (She's doing great so far with playing and loves the idea of eGO)
 
Last edited:
What I hate most about TF2 : the hordes of entitled 12 year olds that are a cancer to this game.......
Funnily enough, I almost never see these on our servers. But as soon as I try randomly pubbing, I instantly come across a whiny 12 year old on a mic. It's like we have a magical barrier surrounding our servers.....

That or we already banned them all.
 
Funnily enough, I almost never see these on our servers. But as soon as I try randomly pubbing, I instantly come across a whiny 12 year old on a mic. It's like we have a magical barrier surrounding our servers.....

That or we already banned them all.

That is one of the main reasons i stayed after the first time I joined. Also eGO servers seem to have some pretty good skilled players to play against.
 
I hate random Crits!!!!! Those need to go!
I love Haunting Engineers!!!!
 
Back
Top