There are several definitions of the word community, ranging from "a group of people who have the same interests, religion, race, etc." to "a group linked by a common policy" to "a body of persons or nations having a common history or common social, economic, and political interests," but there's more to the true meaning of community than what a dictionary can properly provide in my mind. This community, eGO, is one which has drawn us all in for varying personal reasons, but I believe we all came for at least one reason which is held in common: to play games with people we enjoy spending virtual time with and to play in a place which promotes respect, equality regardless of skill and friendship among members.
There are many here within our various division who really, truly embody the things which make eGO great (such as being friendly to others, playing simply for the love of the game and the company of those they play with, etc). These are the things which make eGO such a fine organization to belong to and are the things which have kept me here for close to 4 and a half years. Yet... I have not really displayed much sense of "community" in these recent days. I have not tried to develop much closeness with you, my fellow clanmates and TF2 Div members. I have been here, part of this organization, but not as involved as I once was. This is something I mean to remedy. I mean to be a bit more talkative and outgoing. I've found that lately I dwell on servers but don't interact much, whether it be with my fellow EdgeGamers or with the pubs we have frequenting our servers. I hope, very much, to develop meaningful friendships with those of you with whom I have barely talked and hope to develop those friendships which I have begun so people can honestly say they know who I am and not just another random guy running around the servers with eGO tags. I look forward to getting to know you guys better and hope to move forward as a more involved member upon each and every one of you knows you can rely.
There are many here within our various division who really, truly embody the things which make eGO great (such as being friendly to others, playing simply for the love of the game and the company of those they play with, etc). These are the things which make eGO such a fine organization to belong to and are the things which have kept me here for close to 4 and a half years. Yet... I have not really displayed much sense of "community" in these recent days. I have not tried to develop much closeness with you, my fellow clanmates and TF2 Div members. I have been here, part of this organization, but not as involved as I once was. This is something I mean to remedy. I mean to be a bit more talkative and outgoing. I've found that lately I dwell on servers but don't interact much, whether it be with my fellow EdgeGamers or with the pubs we have frequenting our servers. I hope, very much, to develop meaningful friendships with those of you with whom I have barely talked and hope to develop those friendships which I have begun so people can honestly say they know who I am and not just another random guy running around the servers with eGO tags. I look forward to getting to know you guys better and hope to move forward as a more involved member upon each and every one of you knows you can rely.








Great speech by the way 














