Why did you become admin?

Joeymadman

Poster
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
133
Not sure if this topic has been brought up before, but I had this question come up when I was playing on the hightower (I think that's the name of the map) server last night. And, while the question itself led to some negativity between the person who asked and myself (Because enforcing the rules puts me in a bad light I guess), I thought it was a pretty interesting question.

So, to those of you who are an admin in some capacity (eG or eGO), what led to you wanting to be an admin? For me, it was pretty simple. I wanted to help enforce the rules and keep eGO servers safe to play on. I started playing TF2 again a few days ago and being able to jump on a server where insults and swear words aren't around (minus the hooligans who decide to break the rules) makes a world of difference when playing the game. Even if I do poorly, I can still have fun playing the game.

Anyways, adding to my answer from earlier, I like being able to make a difference on the server. I'm not putting myself above other admins or anything like that, but I feel like I'm part of a really important team here.

So, I'm interested in hearing your guys' thoughts on this. And, to those of you who are just e's right now, why do you want to become an admin?

(Also, a little side note, I'm not entirely sure if the topic should have gone here or somewhere else. Because it was brought up in TF2, I thought it would be more appropriate to ask here.)
 
Apparently, I got promoted to G because I'm such a good filler. (Kazoo sent me a PM telling me about the Server Filler Award, then the PM about the Promotion, so I guessed that.)
I think I was promoted to O for no reason, except time passing... (I did always the same as G and I'm still doing the same, mostly).
 
Apparently, I got promoted to G because I'm such a good filler. (Kazoo sent me a PM telling me about the Server Filler Award, then the PM about the Promotion, so I guessed that.)
I think I was promoted to O for no reason, except time passing... (I did always the same as G and I'm still doing the same, mostly).

basically my story lol
 
To be quite honest, I didn't even know I could become an admin XD I thought that there were like two hidden admins per server, spectating the game and speaking in binary code, striking fast and hard at troublemakers. But then I was promoted, and found that it's much like playing except you have more power over the li'l punks that pollute servers with profanity and disrespect and what not, therefore allowing yourself, pubs and other members to play peacefully and happily, like gaming is meant to be.

I think that if I had known that it was that easy to become one of the big enforcers, aka admins, that would be the exact reason why I would want to be one. c:
 
to be quite honest, i didn't even know i could become an admin xd i thought that there were like two hidden admins per server, spectating the game and speaking in binary code, striking fast and hard at troublemakers. But then i was promoted, and found that it's much like playing except you have more power over the li'l punks that pollute servers with profanity and disrespect and what not, therefore allowing yourself, pubs and other members to play peacefully and happily, like gaming is meant to be.

I think that if i had known that it was that easy to become one of the big enforcers, aka admins, that would be the exact reason why i would want to be one. C:

01011001011011110111010100100000011101000110100001101001011011100110101100100000011001010111011001100101011100100111100101101111011011100110010100100000011010110110111001101111011101110010000001101000011011110111011100100000011101000110111100100000011100110111000001100101011000010110101100100000010000100110100101101110011000010111001001111001001000000110000101110011001000000111011101100101011011000110110000100000011000010111001100100000011011010110010100111111
 
I became admin for much of the same reasons that I started playing on eGO servers. I have young children and I like to game where I don't have to worry about the cussing and general negativity that is so prevalent in online gaming. Because of my kids, I play more at night than during the day and I was finding that there would be problems when there weren't so many admins on. Getting promoted for me was mostly a way to keep the servers running smoothly when nobody else was around to do it.
 
So I got all of my promotions in CoD but here's my story. I got a new computer about a year and a half ago, and CoD doesn't have accounts (with logins) so I didn't know how to transfer all of my in-game data to my new computer. So every time I'd go on a server I'd just ask for help, usually people would ignore me or cuss me out. Happened across an eGO server one day and somebody of the name Kool helped me through the whole process. He invited me onto to vent and then recruited me. So I became an E and I really enjoyed the eGO servers. I loved the servers, I hate people criticizing my play and telling me I suck. So I played on eGO servers, talked to admins on vent every time I played and just had fun. I never attempted to become an admin or anything but one day while playing a G told me I'd been promoted (at the time I didn't really check the forums so I was still wearing my E tag for at least a week). So yeah, I started being admin and life went on. A week before the CoD division was dropped I got promoted to O, because I was busy with school I didn't find out until the division was gone. I then joined TF2 because at the time my brother was really into it and wanted to play with me.
 
I became an admin because I wanted to one day found a group of undercover admins who busts admins. After later being told that I was unable to do such a thing I cried and banned people.
 
01011001011011110111010100100000011101000110100001101001011011100110101100100000011001010111011001100101011100100111100101101111011011100110010100100000011010110110111001101111011101110010000001101000011011110111011100100000011101000110111100100000011100110111000001100101011000010110101100100000010000100110100101101110011000010111001001111001001000000110000101110011001000000111011101100101011011000110110000100000011000010111001100100000011011010110010100111111

01011001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100011 01101111 01100100 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01101000 01101111 01110010 01110010 01101001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00111011 00100000 01100100 01101001 01100100 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01110101 01101110 01100100 01100101 01110010 01110011 01110100 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110111 01101111 01110010 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01100001 01101001 01100100 00100001
 
I got my G and O promos from DoD:S, but the reason I accepted Blue Stealth's offer to be an eG was because I care/cared a lot about eGO, and due to the fact I was one of the younger players on eGO DoD:S server (started playing there when I was 12) I would be given a hard time for my voice. So just being able to handle that, and make sure everyone was respectful to one another made me happy.
 
Hmm....... I honestly don't know how or why I got my eG or eGO. Though if you mean why did I join eGO in the first place..... I honestly didn't have a reason. I just go with it
 
BanHammer_zps269852eb.png

:thumbup1:
 
For me, it was a comfort thing. eGO servers were the 1st servers that I actually felt content playing in. All of the admins I met were super helpful prior to my joining and answered any questions I had about the community. I wasn't judged for being a female and was free to speak on over the mic with confidence. I was welcomed into this community with open arms. I wanted to join and become an admin to give other players the same things/rights that were allotted to me. I'm not quite sure why or how I received my G, but I'm damn proud of it. I love teaching, helping, and guiding others so I believe it's a pretty good fit :laugh:.
 
I think I got my "G" just from playing on the servers a lot. I regularly screw up commands (I have the admin card printed out and STILL put the @ in the wrong chat half the time lol) but I'm happy to help out when necessary. It's worth the minimal frustration when dealing with some disruptive players to keep our servers running so smoothly.
 
01011001011011110111010100100000011101000110100001101001011011100110101100100000011001010111011001100101011100100111100101101111011011100110010100100000011010110110111001101111011101110010000001101000011011110111011100100000011101000110111100100000011100110111000001100101011000010110101100100000010000100110100101101110011000010111001001111001001000000110000101110011001000000111011101100101011011000110110000100000011000010111001100100000011011010110010100111111

01010111011010010111010001101000001000000110000100100000011000100110100101101110011000010111001001111001001000000110001101101111011001000110010100100000011000110110111101101110011101100110010101110010011101000110010101110010001000000111011101100101011000100111001101101001011101000110010100101100001000000111001101110101011100100110010100100001
 
While I don't have as much time to play the game as I used to, I like being an admin to enforce server quality. eGO servers have always been great servers to play on. I wasn't even recruited by anyone, but joined eGO because of how much I enjoyed the servers.
 
Back
Top