Ok, I thought I might as well bump this thread since it's here and I have a story. If you'd guys want to follow along, you should look at the
DayZ map NE of Berezino. The following is a true story of my five man squad.
Names have been altered to protect the identity of those involved. (maybe, maybe not.)
So I was in a five man squad on some random DayZ server, right? It was Skag, Sam, H, Canary and I with only Canary being unarmed at the time. We were making our way from the lumber mill NE of Berezino to the grocery store closest to the mill. We've scanned and checked the school and we were setting up to run across the open field to the little ghetto just SW of it, near the grocery store.
We took turns running across the open field while the other 4 watch. We made it through the field so now we're in the ghetto; Canny and I on one side, Skag, Sam, and H on the other side of the street. We went through the buildings and they were all looted. Canny broke off to join Skag's party while I hang back, getting this bad feeling in my gut.
"Hey, let's go back. I don't like the looks of this guys; this might not be a good idea," I said. Ok, that's a lie, I was was lost. If you guys know me, I can lose sight of my buddy when they're standing right in front of me.
Anyways, we were heading towards the grocery store. Skag, Sam, and H went in the back. H sees a guy with an axe and tries to flank him in the front.
*bang, bang* *pew, pew* H goes down.
"CRAP!! Shots fired, shots fired! Get to cover, GET DOWN!!!" - H
"F#$@K! Where are they!?" - Sam
"Shots coming from the front!" - Skag
*zip, zip* *bang, pew*
"DAMN! SHOTS FROM THE BACK!!!" - Sam
There we were, Skag and Sam are pinned down in the Grocery Store. Shots coming from the Apartment Buildings in front of the GS, that's NW for the folks playing at home, and from the Cement Wall behind GS, that's SW. I'm still lost, taking cover between the yellow circle and square just to the NE of GS, and who knows where Canary is at.
"Canary, where are you!? Get to the lumber mill school, we'll regroup there!!" -I said.
Just as Canary's getting ready to bolt, they got him. "I'M HIT, I'M DEAD!"
It's just Skag, Sam, and me. I made my way to the yellow circle just outside of the GS. Stealthy, I check and secure the house. Ok, perimeter secured. While I was doing that, Skag or Sam took out some guys behind CW. There I was in the kitchen, trying to take out the guys shooting from the CW while covering Skag and Sam. Suddenly, I see movement. There's this guy going to the back of GS with an axe out, right in the gap between GS and me. Sam and Skag were returning fire and taking care of the guys in AB, so if he made it through they were screwed.
"One coming around the back!" -Skag
*pew, pew, pew*
"Got him!" -I said.
While Skag and Sam secured the front of the GS, BAM! Shots were starting to come from the CW again! I started making my way towards the back door of the yellow square, the one facing the open field to the left. I hugged the walls of the house and peeked over the corner. There he was, just shooting at them roughly 22-25m away from GS.
*pew, pew* "Guy shooting CW's down!" - I said.
I shot at him, got the guy, and slowly made my way back to the kitchen while closing the doors behind me. At this point, everything got eerily quiet. I mean you could hear a fly farting because it's that quiet. H respawned and got to where we were at that time. I saw him but didn't know who it was.
"S#@%T! I see someone! H, is that you!? Are you wearing a green shirt!?!? SAY SOMETHING OR I'M GOING TO START SHOOTING!!!" - Me
"F@$#K, F@#$K! IT'S ME, IT'S ME!!!"
He looks over and there's like 4 or 5 dead bodies there! I was thinking, "DAMN!" While H was looting a body, he found an SKS and a bunch of other good loot. I was in the other room at the time, just making sure that no one was trying to come at me from behind. And just when I got to the kitchen and have H in my sights, he gets shot at!
"Hey, these guys were decked out. They had a bunch of goo- *pew, pew* DAMN, I'M HIT!" - H.
I zoom into my iron sights, looking around for where it was coming at. Didn't see anyone. H then got knocked unconscious, I slowly made my way out to the back door and hugged the house again to see if I can get a better view. Nothing. I went back into the kitchen, then suddenly there he was! Standing right on top of H, he got him back up! Just as he was about to put H down for good, H bolted and I opened fire. He went prone and crawled under cover by the CW, just out of my sight. I know I made contact, but not enough to kill him. Suddenly, this zombie came out of no where and started beating on the guy and finished him off!
It took us like five minutes after that to regroup; Sam with Skag and H with me. There was a couple of tense moments at that time when H and I almost shot each other trying to figure out where I was so we can sync up with each other. Remember guys, I have like no sense of direction and we were in a tense firefight.
We've regrouped and started to piece together what the hell just happened. While we were together, we started to get hungry and thirsty. Skag was actually starting to die from thirst and starvation. We quickly dropped everything else and started to plan our next course of action, operation "Di Di MAO!!!" Basically, we've decided to just leg it back the way we came and head towards the lumber mill school. We've all bolted at the same time, and regrouped.
We all started to piece together what happened again and started to tend to our wounds. H was seeing black and white, even after we've patched him up. Looked all over the school, and we couldn't find Canary. He said that he was near some cranes and lumber but we could find him. We decided to regroup again near a water pump a little bit east of where we were now. Skag took off first because he needed water the most, Sam and I stayed back to try and fix H. We've done everything we could think of to patch him up but he was still stuck in black and white mode. Apparently it was a glitch and we've fixed that. The three of us decided to meet up with Skag; I was on point, Sam was on my right, and H on my left. Couple of minutes later and after a few instances of almost friendly fire, the four of us regrouped and re-hydrated. All this time, we couldn't fine Canary. Skag and Sam started to give Canary directions on what he was giving us, when suddenly I see movement! Canary said he was near by and I decided to wait till I see the person in my sights again.
"STOP! TURN TO YOUR RIGHT! MOVE FORWARD!" - Me in TS.
Sure, Skag and Sam was pretty sure it was Canary, but I just wanted to be extra sure

Finally, everyone was back together and we've figured out what had happened. There was 1 or 2 guys in AB who either flanked around to CW or bled out in AB. 2 or 3 guys were near the CW and got killed while 1 tried to flank around to beat Skag and Sam to death. 1 guy was a bit further back covering the CW guys and finally there must have been 1 guy in the yellow square SW of GS. That means we've successfully took out 5 - 8 guys. Tell you what, the whole thing probably took probably between 5-10 minutes but it felt like days. Talk about your adrenaline rush :blink:
TL
R - STAY IN SQUADS/GROUPS AND COMMUNICATE!