Hello

shifty

Active Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
259
Just thought I'd drop in and say hello. I've played DoD 1.3 for 7 years and now DoD Source. I've got almost no experience in CS but I'm thinking of getting GO or Source for a change and to support the clan. Is one better then the other? Any pointers would be appreciated. Thank you.
 
If you like to play competitive then CS:GO is a better bet.

The majority of our players still play CS:S though.

Either game you get you'll have people to play with though, just hit me up whenever you get one of them and I'll play with you.

Recommendation: CS:S
 
Last edited:
CS:S is better right now. CS 1.6 is best, but eGO doesn't support it. CS:GO can go jump of a cliff. So for now, get Source and join jail! :)



If, and this is a big if, Valve actually starts trying and fixes the many, MANY huge problems with GO, then I will recommend it.
 
Last edited:
Play a game that valve still routinely updates and supports. (CSGO)
 
Welcome to our side of the forums shifty.
 
Thank you everyone for the advice. My budget this week was $20 or I'd probably gotten them both, but for now I went with GO. Hope to see you all in there!
 
Play a game that valve still routinely updates and supports. (CSGO)

"Routinely updates and supports."

Implying they give actual updates and support.

images



Reminder that this is what Valve considers "updating":
ShiggyDiggyDoo said:
Release Notes for 8/29/2013

[GAMEPLAY: the only gameplay changes for this "patch"]
- Chicken changes based on pro feedback:
-- Reduced chicken sounds dBs and volume.
-- Reduced idle clucking rate.
-- Reduced range that scares chickens when running.

Chicken-Strike: Goose Offensive
hqdefault.jpg
 
Last edited:
hi. Whatever game you get, hit me up! I'll definitely play with you!
 
Get CS:GO. It is the most up-to-date version and there is more interest in it than CS:S now.

Oh, and hello!
 
Welcome man!!


PLAY JAIL!!!


Feel free to bother my magnificence in case of questions or concerns.
 
I am the best counter strike player in the universe and I recommend CSGO.

Idk if I'm ready to play against the best in the world. Maybe I should have gotten Source o.0


Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm sure I'll be getting shot by you with the best of them in no time!
 
CS:S is god! I have found out that by playing CS:GO you increase your skill at CS:S. CS:GO is going to be a big change from source games though. Everything will be different from what your use to. I say get both, you can play both and stay busy with those.
 
I definitely recommend CS:S if you want to play with lots of eGO members but if you're into competitive play, like the others have said, then CS:GO is best for you :)

I personally prefer CS:S because it's more casual and the community is much larger. More room to learn and get better, in my opinion.

Although, the reg at times might leave you frustrated, you'll get used to it, sooner or later.. :P
 
Back
Top