- Joined
- Sep 8, 2008
- Messages
- 1,948
Somehow I missed this thread when it was alive, so forgive me for bringing it back, but I wanted to say something about this.
I was professionally diagnosed with Asperger's about 5 years ago now, and had a really hard time with the news. It's only within the last couple of years that I've grown to accept it and feel comfortable with myself. I thankfully haven't come across anyone using it on our servers in a disparaging way, but if I did, it would probably make me uncomfortable. Like everyone else is saying, yeah, it's an incredible ignorant attempt at being insulting, but even the fact that someone wants to use my disability (I don't really like that word, but whatever) in an attempt to be hurtful is discouraging.
Of course, this is me I'm talking about, so I would get over the discouragement very quickly and shoot back some scathing remark that would shame them into silence faster than Idol could ban them. :biggrin:
I was professionally diagnosed with Asperger's about 5 years ago now, and had a really hard time with the news. It's only within the last couple of years that I've grown to accept it and feel comfortable with myself. I thankfully haven't come across anyone using it on our servers in a disparaging way, but if I did, it would probably make me uncomfortable. Like everyone else is saying, yeah, it's an incredible ignorant attempt at being insulting, but even the fact that someone wants to use my disability (I don't really like that word, but whatever) in an attempt to be hurtful is discouraging.
Of course, this is me I'm talking about, so I would get over the discouragement very quickly and shoot back some scathing remark that would shame them into silence faster than Idol could ban them. :biggrin:






















