VOTE DUST2: Keep paras or not?

Do you think Paras should be removed from Dust2?

  • Yes.

    Points: 26 37.7%
  • No.

    Points: 43 62.3%

  • Total voters
    69
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric

The Boys Club
=(eGO)=
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
12,920
In response to issues being brought to the dropbox, CS Leadership wants to get the voice of the community involved in this decision.

Do you think Paras should be restricted/removed?


Please let us know how you honestly feel so we can make the right decisions and keep people happy on our servers.

If you see people having the Para issues, please direct them to this thread.
 
Last edited:
I have had a few people ask about paras in recent days and In my opinion they should NOT be remove BUT they should be restricted down to about 2 Max 3 per Team? This way there is still access to some spray and pray but people cannot organize whole team para rushes.
 
3 would be the magic number for me! 1 for A site, 1 for B site, and 1 for Mid. This would encourge team commuication and provide good cover for CT's that are effective with said weapon.
 
From my experience on dust, I have found that a whole team with paras can still be just as easy without paras. I had a time where the whole T team rushed with paras and we all died by CTs with normal weapons. I think that it can be a strong gun if used correctly but its still really hard to use.
With that in mind, and from my side, I think that there is no reason for the para to be restricted. It doesn't make anything unfair. Technically, any gun can be unfair if used right.
 
I don't see why it needs to be changed at all, tbh. We all hate paras, but it doesn't affect the server rankings.
 
In DOD:S they are restricted to 2 per team, I've always fancied that style, but this is not DOD:S, therefor we need to come to some sort of arangement of how to regulate them without causing a disruption in fluidity of gameplay!

Having %80 of the teams using this gun, causes huge FPS drops, and makes the server real laggy, and hard to play. Reductions in this area will increase performance, now hear me out, I have 2 760's SLI and I suffer FPS issues when all these guns are sparying randomly!! And if I (having a really good rig) am sufffering FPS drops, imagine what other who aren't using a $2000 rig are experiencing! Just bringing it up as one of my many factors.
 
I have told the pub's on Dust2 to come and have their vote. Since the majority in there who spoke out in my opinion know best as they probably play it more than any of us.
 
From my experience on dust, I have found that a whole team with paras can still be just as easy without paras. I had a time where the whole T team rushed with paras and we all died by CTs with normal weapons. I think that it can be a strong gun if used correctly but its still really hard to use.
With that in mind, and from my side, I think that there is no reason for the para to be restricted. It doesn't make anything unfair. Technically, any gun can be unfair if used right.

If that's the case, then why is the AWP still locked? Same kind of issues, too many flock to it, and camp T spawn, Hence it was banned on most servers, including ours! How then, is this being overlooked as "not a big deal?" I mean, seriously, it's the only gun in the game that causes server FPS drops for most rigs! Now keep in consideration, if we were talking about lower numbers on the server, we wouldn't be taking a pole! But 48player server = more issues when %70 to %80 are using it!
 
I say we remove them or at least make them 2 per team on all servers, this weapon and the sprayers are the main reason some servers remain at 12 players with a score of 2-16.. People join, get killed multiple time by para sprayers then they leave.
 
Nah. Any good shoot can easily counteract a para.

That's just my opinion though, others may think different.
 
If that's the case, then why is the AWP still locked? Same kind of issues, too many flock to it, and camp T spawn, Hence it was banned on most servers, including ours! How then, is this being overlooked as "not a big deal?" I mean, seriously, it's the only gun in the game that causes server FPS drops for most rigs! Now keep in consideration, if we were talking about lower numbers on the server, we wouldn't be taking a pole! But 48player server = more issues when %70 to %80 are using it!

Does that make it unfair though if players use it a lot? A gun that is mostly used really doesn't make it unfair. The AWP is really overpowered and its known to be overpowered and thats why it is banned mostly. FPS drop from the Para? Never happened to me and I have an Intel HD 3000 Graphics card.
 
I say get rid of paras from all our servers. They're way too overpowered, people always get irritated by those who use paras, they should be completely wiped.
 
Paras shouldn't be restricted or removed. I've seen on Italy and Office where the entire team buys paras, rushes, and they have fun doing. FUN. Take away that fun, then what? Players start using P90s to rush/have fun? Then we advocate to take away the P90. And it's a continuous cycle. And if community does take away paras, what if pubbers are upset that we did? They don't want to play anymore because that gun is missing or they advocate to bring it back. Another continuous cycle.

Plus, some of the best players on our servers can use the para in burst mode without having to spray. And most times, it's the AK or M4 being used so I see no reason to take away or restrict the para.
 
Just a restriction would do the job. Removing them completely would more than likely turn players away rather than bring players to the server
 
IMO, restrict them in numbers, i agree to all the points being made but i have also seen people sitting in corner and spraying to stop a rush more than usual. At least by restricting people will learn to conserve ammo and play more intelligently.


Sent from Nokia Lumia 920
 
I live on our dust2 map. There is a reason this map is so popular and I don't think anything should change. If it aint broke, don't fix it! If you limit paras maybe you should allow limited autos and awps... Which is a terrible idea but if we're gonna change it let's make it crazy...
 
title is the opposite of the poll. confused me. would much rather see flashbangs go, though.
 
playing right now: rushed B, whole team got wiped by para's, fps was 300 on the rush, soon as the para's started firing, fps went to 40 -_-
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top