Looks like pyros are getting buffed soon

Archduke

Rookie
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
84
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647086

Someone sent in an e-mail and got the following response from Robin Walker.

"Rest assured that we agree entirely on your Pyro critique. We've got a few ideas being kicked around. One of them is focused directly on providing the Pyro with some action he can take against an enemy Engineer holed up behind his sentrygun. We're tuning the Demoman & Soldier right now, and the Pyro's next on the list. It's worth noting that the extra points for ignition we mentioned aren't at all related to the balancing of the Pyro. Instead, that was a solution a different problem. Wherever possible, players should be rewarded in points for actions that they think are valuable. Right now, you're not rewarded for dropping in amongst an enemy group & lighting them all up, even if you halved the health of every one of them."
 
Intresting topic, considering the genius game they have already made, I think the tweeks will make it much more interesting, but I wonder what that bonus could be... hm....
 
Sounds like they are going to give points for amount of damage you cause. Just like how for every so much a medic heals, they get a point.
 
Swap demoman and pryo around on the recommended uses for classes and thats a quick fix. But I do agree the pyro has a hard time killing stuff unless you get ubered and run in.
 
They should make the demoman weaker, by that I mean his sticky bombs. I see no point to even play with Demoman (my best class), when all other demomen do is spam the Sticky Bombs and use them like the pipe. Sticky bombs are waaaaaaaaaay overpowered, and should be limited in some sense,.
 
[quote1201369235=Blazing Heat]
They should make pyro worse, not better...
[/quote1201369235]

What makes you say that? =/
 
I feel like if they fix the weaknesses of each class then it will eliminate the element of teamwork required to win matches.


<--- scared TF2 is gonna go downhill with these changes.
 
I use pyro mostly all of the game time i play so i hope the upgrade is gonna be awesome
 
There is so many ways they could screw up with these changes but Valve hasn't missed a step yet.
 
Valve hasn't made any major changes yet though.... These changes kinda scare me as well. They need to tone down the scout. Like a drugged up kid hopping around and can 2-3 shot you. They were meant to run intel, not the ultimate offense. Pyro is made to push the other team back, not get tons of kills.

This is a team game and everyone wants their class to be the best at everything. I hope Valve doesn't cave in.
 
[quote1201423483=Blazing Heat]
They should make pyro worse, not better...
[/quote1201423483]
Now you shouldn't have gone and said that. Thems fightin words! :p
 
I'm a big pyro fan. It's just a crazy fun class to play. But It's not a class for people who like high scores. I'm pretty lucky if I get two or more kills a death. My main bread and butter is really assists. Soften up the enemy while my comrades finish em off. So it would be nice to be rewarded for lighting up a whole team but I don't think it's a great need.

And the great thing I currently see in the game is no one class really dominates. I hope that doesn't change
 
I hate the fact pyros can get crit at the most annoying times..I go on to club a pyro who I shot a crit at, he turn the fire on and gets crit, killing me with full health :( Happens way too often.. or a pyro can run through our base on FLOODZONE burning all snipers without being killed, just cause he got crit xD
 
Yeah, I don't know, if they revamp the pyro then they'll have to revamp some other classes with other flaws in order to "balance" it out. However, it does seem pretty interesting...thought it just seems as good as it is. I mean all the classes have their limitations and that's what makes them equal...or annoying at times. I mean it seems that if some certain changes to the pyro are made he will become a one man army, and simply put the pyro can't do that, however they can be devastating if they have ubercharge. All in all I think that the pyro by itself is good and you can use a combination of characters to overcome its weaknesses, the same with any other class.
 
Back
Top