How do i go from =e= to =EG=

thatarmyguy87

I made one post
Joined
Nov 21, 2011
Messages
13
I have been playing CSS for a couple years and have been part of EGO since 2011 but have not moved up in rank, how would i go about this?
 
easiest way is to get yourself on teamspeak, attend events, get known within the community. Also, stay active, both in servers, forums, and teamspeak.
 
And, if you want help with all of that, there is this great program called the "CS Bros" which would be more than willing to help you out!
 
Thank You ill do the best I can I only get to play after work of an evening, but I will do what I can. I want to move up.
 
I have been playing CSS for a couple years and have been part of EGO since 2011 but have not moved up in rank, how would i go about this?

There is also a unwritten rule about not asking for promotions haha. When we feel you deserve a promotion, believe me you'll get it.
 
I know the feels bro, I have been in eGO since 2009! But I am not too consistent with my activity on Steam. School and work both take my time away. But I still really enjoy time playing when I can, we'll get there someday! :D
 
There is also a unwritten rule about not asking for promotions haha. When we feel you deserve a promotion, believe me you'll get it.

I'm sorry I wasn't asking to be promoted. I meant it like what did I need to do to move up. How to put myself out there to be seen and noticed. I wasn't asking to be promoted right now.
 
I'm sorry I wasn't asking to be promoted. I meant it like what did I need to do to move up. How to put myself out there to be seen and noticed. I wasn't asking to be promoted right now.

You're OK. :)
 
As cheesy as this may sound:

Just let it happen.

Promotions happen to people for a reason, mainly because people will notice if you're yearning for a promotion, and will not happen due to not being "ready" for it. As many others have stated, ways to get noticed include:

  1. Being active on the forums
  2. Participating in events
  3. RECRUITING
  4. Helping out new recruits
  5. Being active on TeamSpeak
  6. Being yourself


Keep in mind, these are just things that will help get you noticed, this isn't a guarantee, a lot of the decision-making is on Leadership.
 
Last edited:
As cheesy as this may sound:

Just let it happen.

Promotions happen to people for a reason, mainly because people will notice if you're yearning for a promotion, and will not happen due to not being "ready" for it. As many others have stated, ways to get noticed include:

  1. Being active on the forums
  2. Participating in events
  3. RECRUITING
  4. Helping out new recruits
  5. Being active on TeamSpeak
  6. Being yourself


Keep in mind, these are just things that will help get you noticed, this isn't a guarantee, a lot of the decision-making is on Leadership.

I do love the cheesy-ness of this because I love being cheezy. I also noticed you made recruiting capitalized. Recruiting is for some people and not for other. Don't feel pressured into recruiting if it is not for you. I can honestly tell you I have only recruited one person throughout my years here. I still got promoted. It is true however, that recruiting does help you get noticed.
 
Listen to these guys, they know what they're talking about.

You can play CS with us and be in TS for 30 minutes a day, it doesn't matter. As long as we know you're trying to be active and are showing your support for the community, then you'll get recognized!

I play 1-2 hours a day, maybe every other day. While it took me 3 years to get my G, after I became active it only took 2 months to get my O. Make some friends! Add people on Steam! Yell at us in the shoutbox! Better yet: Play with other divisions! Leadership loves it when you go beyond your roles as a divisional member to enjoy the experiences the other divisions have to offer. I found myself sucked into the Minecraft division about 2 months ago, and since then I've been playing MC every day (almost more than Counter Strike. Don't tell anyone)!

You'll get there bro! I have faith in you! Why don't you add me on Steam (my profile is in my eGO profile found here). I'll take you around the CS servers and Teamspeak so you can get to know other players! :D
 
Last edited:
I didn't feel I deserved my eG when I got it today, but, if leadership believes in you, you are probably going to get it.
 
Back
Top