config help?

spax

Active Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
328
so after a few days, i noticed that my xhair color changer (yes, the one that stabby stabby made) wasn't working. I did a few more tests, and i found out that the entire config isnt running when i start tf2. I can type "exec autoexec" without the quotes while ingame and it will run the commands, so now if i want the script to work i have to type "exec autoexec" without the quotes to get it to start. my autoexec is in the steamapps/common/team fortress 2/tf/cfg folder, and it does have the .cfg extension (.cfg not .txt), i already tried deleting and replacing the folder, relocating it to my custom folder, and putting "exec autoexec" without the quotes in my config.cfg file, none of them worked.

edit: also just tested putting "-exec autoexec" without the quotes in launch options, didnt work either

btw, most of the other commands stuck just because they are one-time commands, so i didnt notice it earlier

is this happening to anyone else? maybe its just an update bug?
 
Last edited:
When did this start?

I haven't noticed if my autoexec isn't working, but I'm pretty sure it is, or else all my binds would be broken.
 
When my laptop gets fixed, I can try helping you out, but maybe the cfg's content isn't coded correctly coded (And by that I mean the commands may be wrong)?
 
I don't know what would cause your autoexec cfg to not...well.... automatically execute.

Maybe verify cache?
 
wait, just realized my config actually IS working, just that whenever i pick a different class it resets the xhair color changer

nevermind lol
 
Last edited:
alright, i figured it out 4cereal this time, i actually had my autoexec binding w/a/s/d to certain commands, then each class config binding them to default. so ya, genius moment for cake
 
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A[/ame]
 

Latest posts

Back
Top