[G-Mod] Part II: The True Made-up Tales of Det. Sgt. Stormy

ST0RMY

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
3,745
detstrom2.png



The story so far...​


In celebration of the heroic (and 100% legal) shooting of the terrorist traitor Rapter, Lieutenant Yeti and I decided to hit up the local bar. I guess the excitement of the previous day caught up to us as I find myself waking up in what’s left of a legally commandeered vehicle safely tucked into what looks like a slide and/or jungle gym. I feel like I've been asleep for months and the burning of my retinas from the sun is nothing compared to the shocks to my brain delivered by the back then front of the Lt.’s hand.


16604221-drunk-driver-sleeping-in-the-car.jpg

I fell asleep like this. Except with a nicer shirt and not in a stock photo.​



[Unofficial Transcript S307-509]

Det. Sgt. Stormy: What, dammit?!! Quit slapping me.
-
Lt. Yeti: Good, you’re awake. We have a job to do!
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Why are you still slapping me?
-
Lt. Yeti: Sorry, I wanted to hit you the same amount of times on both cheeks but I lost count. One more, I think. [slap] Ok.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: What time is it?
-
Lt. Yeti: It’s crime stopping time.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Like 9 OR 10 AM?
-
Lt. Yeti: 2 PM.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Nice.
-
[Yawns, stretches, and resting of eyes ensues.]
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: There’s no way we’re going to get the day started without some coffee.
-
Lt. Yeti: I’ll worry about that, you get to driving. We have to follow up on the last tip we got about Compton.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: You really believe that scumbag terrorist traitor jerkface Rapter?
-
Lt. Yeti: It’s the only lead we have.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: You’re right but Compton can’t possibly be a terrorist traitor. He was our combat medic back in Takistan. He patched our platoon up and kept us going. Hell, not only could he save lives, he could shoot a guy square in the junk from 100 yards, I don’t know why he always shot them there but it worked.
-
Lt. Yeti: Compton has character and he’s saved my life once, yours too. I don’t like this any more than you do, but we have a job to do.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Yeah but I’m not forgetting what he did for us in the ‘Tak.



The Lt. grabs the emergency whiskey bottle we were smart enough to store in the glove compartment while I back the car out of the wreckage of a playground that some careless citizen left in the middle of what is obviously an automobile driving field.



z5_FI01_L.jpg

Lieutenant Yeti and I reverted to our days in Nam and decided to burn down any evid-- wreckage that remained from an illegal scrap metal dump site. As the Lt. put it; “the flames dance… the fire cleanses with its sumptuous glow! …and it keeps the wildlife and children safe or something.”​



I slam the accelerator to the floor and start honking and cursing at the traffic since this legally commandeered vehicle lacks a proper siren. I toss the Lt. a pocketful of instant coffee that I always have on my person. The Lt. adds the instant coffee to the whisky and shakes it, our day of crime fighting begins again. Mmmmhhh nothing like a standard brand name whiskey with instant coffee crystals early in the 2 PM.

I call dispatch.



[Unofficial Transcript S307-513]

Det. Sgt. Stormy: This is car YetiStorm, dispatch come in.
-
Dispatch: Please repeat
-
Lt. Yeti: Don’t call it that, it has a number.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Oh, wait… we uh… “commandeered” this car.
-
-
-
Lt. Yeti: Oh.
-
-
-
Lt. Yeti: Dispatch, this is uh… the 7th District car… patrol car… blah, blah, baker niner.

-
Dispatch: Say again.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Uhhh hang up!
-
Lt. Yeti: Yeah, this is car hhhrmfglshl somethingniner.
-
Dispatch: Lt.?
-
Lt. Yeti: Dutch?
-
Dispatch/Officer Dutch: ‘Sup.
-
Lt. Yeti: and Stormy: Nice.
-
Lt. Yeti: Dutch, we’re going black on the comms, copy Dutch?
-
Ofc. Dutch: Yup.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Hey Dutch, how’s your filthy attorney scumbag brother doing? Maybe tell him to tell my wife that it was my dog before she hired him for custody and that I’ll see them both in hell!
-
Ofc. Dutch: Hey.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Hey buddy. We need the location of a paramedic. Our old war buddy, Compton. You know the info; last name Compton, first name Doc.
-
Ofc. Dutch: Okay. Yeah, it looks like he’s responded to a call of another terrorist traitor killpage. What’s up with Compton?
-
Lt. Yeti: Probably nothing, we just need to ask him some questions.



jsbdog.png

I'll see you again my poor little Johann Sebastian Bach. That damn union lawyer better come through!​


Damn, it looks like we missed the radio call about a new killing spree being carried out by the terrorist traitors. Going by my last figures and factoring new information telexed by dispatch, my calculations are totally off. I’ll need to crunch some numbers and factor in everything we’ve learned since two months ago—I mean, since yesterday. I hand the bottle of coffee to Lieutenant Yeti as I carefully place some eye drops in my eyes while steering the car with my knee. I reach into my coat pocket and pull out my detective’s journal while I roll my eyes around, try not to make it look like I’m crying, and make sure my eyeballs are moistened properly.



detjournal.png

The included pencil, eraser, and sticker set are also crucial to any investigation.
​


New intel states clearly that no more than 25% of the original 30 suspects can be terrorist traitors. I know what you’re thinking, and yes the moon cycle has a significant effect on terrorist traitors, werewolves, the tide, and pack animals. There need not be a great fear as the Planting Moon gives way to the Waning Crescent. Adding up the current numbers of casualties and the confirmed kill of the “suspected” terrorist traitor Rapter, there are two dead. The first dead was the innocent that got this whole mess started. The second dead was Rapter. I could have sworn there was more killing than that, criminals are getting soft nowadays. This means that out of the 30 suspects, 7 are traitors and 23 are innocents… probably. Math isn’t exactly a skill a hardened detective needs to hone, thank goodness I was fortunate enough to receive public education here in the U.S. of A.



detnotebook2.jpg

We better hope Cthulhu doesn't get involved with these terrorist traitor street gangs.​


I park carefully on the sidewalk/storefront window/bicycle rack in front of a large multiple story building as I finish my calculations in my detective’s journal. This looks like the right crime scene and dispatcher Dutch confirms it via radio. We’re in downtown and surrounded by skyscrapers. Your usual terrorist traitor blood bath. I count a total of seven bodies in the lobby with blood trails leading upstairs. The lieutenant and I start our scan.



crmscene.png

I think this is the right picture of the crime scene. Either that or this is a Kieth Haring piece.​



[Unofficial Transcript 307-649]

Lt. Yeti: Looks like an old fashioned shootout. This guy here, Victim #1 (hereafter, “Vic”) must have spotted one of the terrorist traitors planting an explosive on that pillar. Vic #1 scored a nice headshot on Traitor #1 who was planting an explosive on that column.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Vic #2 must have thought Vic #1 killed Traitor #1 in cold blood and wasted Vic #1. That’s when Traitors #2 and #3 opened up on Vic #2 killing him. Poor Victims #3 and #4 walked straight into this mess without a clue. Traitors #2 and #3 took them out as soon as they rounded that corner.
-
Lt. Yeti: Yup, doesn’t get any simpler than that.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Well, we still have at least two sets of bloody footprints leading up the stairs. We definitively have another traitor terrorist on the scene, maybe some more innocents too.



The Lt. and I clear the main stairwell together and split up as we clear each floor on our way to the rooftop of the building. Sometimes I forget how big this town is. This whole damn mess started in the squalor of the some bright and cheerful suburb known as Kakariko, now we’re headed to the rooftops in a cluster of downtown buildings.



4000_screenshots_2013_10_19_00002.jpg

I don't know how I got up here... help.​


It feels like I’ve been climbing these stairs for hours. My legs are burning almost as bad as my lungs as I hock out chunks of my esophagus and thousands of dead capillaries. I light a cigarette as I glance up at the landing of the current set of stairs I’m climbing “Floor 3.” I feel the rich tobacco flavor fill my lungs and let out more coughs, but this time they’re healthy coughs of 100% U.S. grown tobacco and domestically made additives (some health-mongers and the State of California call them "carcinogens"-- but that's hippie-talk). I feel rejuvenated as that rich tobacco flavor fills me with pep. Good thing I left behind the radio so I could carry two extra packs, I still have 30 or so floors to climb.



Vintage_Healthy_Cigarette_Ads_9.jpg

As a man concerned with his health, I make sure to drink more than the recommended whiskey minimum and I smoke six packs a day to fight the tuberculosis. ​


I finally reach the rooftop and see what can only be described as a bath of blood. Bodies are strewn all about, the people who aren’t already dead have fear in their eyes and are standing in small groups a short distance from the carnage. Around this grotesque scene there are remnants of fires and I spot a red oil drum about to blow. It’s too late to yell out a warning, the drum explodes and rains down fire on a poor guy who runs around on fire screaming and flailing his arms. As I hold back laughter (sorry, but when you see a guy running around waving his arms it’s funny… sometimes it’s even funny when they’re on fire) and grab the nearest bystander’s coat to put him out. No way was I going to ruin my fine Gentleman’s Warehouse custom fitted suit coat. Poor guy has burns over half his body. I tell him to hang on and that I’ll get him a medic. He replies with “I just wanted to be a part of it… I didn’t want this to happen.” As I light a cigarette for him, I tell him to shut his facehole so I can get him some help.



giphy.gif

I could go for a steak right about now.​


I rush to the opposite side of the roof to find Lieutenant Yeti. As I’m about to open the stairwell door, Yeti pops out. He’s out of breath and I offer him a cigarette. “Wow, what the hell happened here?” he asks between gasps of air and that smooth tobacco flavor. I reply “traitors, that’s what happened.” After the Lt. sizes up the situation we ask the nearest group of people if they know where a medic can be found. We’re directed to the back of a stairwell where Compton is performing chest compressions on one of the victims of this coldblooded attack.


[Unofficial Transcript S307-699]

Paramedic Compton: Lieutenant, Sarge, is that really you guys?
-
Lt. Yeti: It sure is Doc.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Hey Compton.
-
Paramedic Compton: I haven’t seen you guys since we had our last Takistan reunion at Sizzler. What are you guys doing here? Where’s our backup? And did you hear they got rid of that cheese toast at Sizzler?
-
Lt. Yeti: We came here to talk to you about a Rapter guy. He mentioned your name yesterday during “interrogation.”
-
Paramedic Compton: I’m guessing you’re saying “interrogation” with quotes. Damn, I lost this one.
-
[Paramedic Compton's patient expires.]
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: This place has gone to hell in a hand basket.
-
Lt. Yeti: We have a lot of casualties and some terrorist traitors still on the loose.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: We can add “no backup” to our list of problems.
-
Paramedic Compton: Can this wait, we have a lot of injured here.
-
[Lieutenant Yeti turns around to see a man slouched over mumbling about a van.]
-
Lt. Yeti: Jeez, what’s wrong with that guy? He’s drooling all over himself and it looks like he soiled his pants too.
-
[Stormy chambers a round]
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: Need me to put him down, Yeti?
-
Paramedic Compton: Oh, that’s just Drave.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: So, put him down?
-
Paramedic Compton: Nah, Drave’s always like that.
-
[Stormy holsters gun]
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: He always breathe through his mouth so loudly too?
-
Paramedic Compton: Unfortunately.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: That reminds me, there’s a guy who’s badly burned, I think he needs your help Compton.
-
Lt. Yeti: We can pick this conversation up later, let’s help these people.



I lead Compton and Yeti back to slaughterfest near the middle of the rooftops and find the burn victim huddled against a short rooftop wall. He’s clutching the coat I gave him earlier and still moaning. “this looks bad” said Compton. The Lt. and I only nodded our heads in agreement. Compton crouches down and approaches the victim. Compton turns his head towards me and says “I’m gonna need your help on this one Sarge. Open up that medic bag and hand me items as I need them.” “No problem,” I reply.



[Unofficial Transcript DC244-940
Unidentified Victim #5: Help. It hurts… I just wanted to be a part of it… I just…
-
Paramedic Compton: Shhhh sweet prince.
-
Det. Sgt. Stormy: and Yeti: What?
-
Paramedic Compton: Nothing. Stormy, hand me a flashlight and space blanket.

[Det. Sgt. Stormy hands Compton said items.]

Paramedic Compton: Hey buddy, do you remember what happened?

Victim #5: It was so loud, then fire. It hurts… I just want to be remembered. Will you remember me?
-
Paramedic Compton: Sure buddy.
-
Paramedic Compton: Stormy, hand me that syringe kit.
-
[Det. Sgt. Stormy is tired of handing stuff so he slides the whole bag over to Paramedic Compton]
-
Victim #5: I don’t have much longer… Just promise to remember me… remember my name…
-
Paramedic Compton: Sure thing. What’s your name buddy?
-
Victim #5: Jon the Wise. Don’t have… much.. longer…
-
Paramedic Compton: Shhhh
-
[Paramedic Compton carefully inserts the syringe into that one guy’s arm.]
-
Jon the Wise: Promise to remember me?
-
Paramedic Compton: Sure, maybe… Jack(?)
-
Jack the Wise: It’s Jon… Jon the Wise.
-
Paramedic Compton: Shhh, sleep now sweet price… Ja-… Jo-… whats-your-face. Sleep.
-
Whats-his-face: Why?
-
Paramedic Compton: Shhhh.
-
[Victim #5 passes away.]


That poor guy. At least Compton was there to comfort him in his last moments. Well, we still had a job to do. I pull out my scanner and point it at the body of that one guy who just died. Immediately, the scanner reads “Traitor.” This guy not only ruined an innocent civilian’s coat with his char, he wasted time that Paramedic Compton could have used to treat other victims. I think the Lt. is as surprised as I am, that this guy who we felt a little sorry for was actually a traitor. I can’t even begin to understand how Compton must feel.

Now that the initial surprise wore off, Compton asks me to help him pick up his gear. He looks solemn and mostly looks at his feet or the ground. I get down on one knee to pick up some items that got strewn about in the effort to save that what’s-his-face traitor. As I turn away from Compton I feel a sharp poke on the left cheek of my buttocks.

I hear Compton almost whispering “Sorry Sarge, we’ll always have that firefight in Takistan.” I’m confused by what he just said, “of course we had a good time there” I reply as I grab the object that was stabbed into my pristine and favorite buttock cheek. I pull it out and I’m shocked to see it is a large nearly empty syringe. I feel sluggish and confused, I say “Compton, I’m still on shift. This isn’t cool man” as my head begins to spin. I see Compton who is about 10 feet away from me reach into his medic bag and pull out a pocket revolver. I instinctively turn to the left as I go to draw my handgun that sits in my shoulder holster. Out of the corner of my eye I see Yeti sprinting to me while he draws his magnum revolver.


nutellasyringe.jpg

Why couldn’t he have used one of these?… on a croissant… with some whiscey coffee.​


The last things I remember on those hellish rooftops were an ear-splittling “BANG,” falling to the ground and seeing Compton. As darkness slowly encircled my field of vision, I watched as Compton clutched at his chest, began to slouch, fell to his knees, and slowly rested his head and shoulders on the ground, leaving his butt high in the air. As he lay in the previous stated position, we locked eyes as he passed on and I passed out. Compton was our squad medic in the ‘Tak but he was also a friend. We’d been through so much, Compton. At least you died with dignity. As my vision fades to black the last thing I hear is the brave Lieutenant Yeti yelling “Stormy! Stormy! Don’t you die on me!”


Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter of The True Made-up Tales of Det. Sgt. Stormy Part 2.5: Flashback-to-back.







------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------​



Bonus Teaser of The True Made-up Tales of Det. Sgt. Stormy Part 2.5: Flashback-to-back.


I find myself waking up to the familiar front then back of Lieutenant Yeti's hand. As he continues to slap me, I can't help but feel I've been here before. Sure enough, I find myself looking at the ceiling of a Bell UH-1 Huey. I sit up and find the Lt. looking a bit younger and donning a pair of nice aviators and a blue U.S. Cavalry Stetson hat. Either this is a flashback or I'm in a lucid dream. Having undergone lucid dream training and the Lt. having not transformed into a beautiful woman by now can only mean one of two things: One, this actually is a flashback and two, a possibility I don't feel like thinking about since the Lt. didn't turn into a beautiful woman. With one last slap, the Lieutenant asks "You okay Stormy?" I reply with "yeah.. sorry, flashback. But why the hell isn't our door gunner shooting those Vietcong?"​







.
 
Last edited:
As much as I enjoyed this, the one thing I asked for did not happen.
 
YOU BURNED MY PLAYGROUND DOWN YOU DEMON!!!!!! (runs away crying)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top