Get to Know One Another

JoeSmo

I made one post
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
21
Hey, so I thought it would be interesting to know a little more about so many of the people I game with. I figured I'd create this thread so people can post a short summary of themselves. Nothing too specific, but a general outline.


I'm an 18 year old college student at the University of California Riverside. I'm 6'1" and 155 pounds. I'm double majoring in International Political Science and East Asian Studies. I'm also a member of a fraternity, BXΘ, and a first year Army ROTC cadet. I enjoy sleeping, running, and spending a large majority of my free time online.
 
This is going to be a huge thread...

27 from New Hampshire and when I am not working on my Criminal Justice Degree at home I am working at the National Passport Center and playing a game or two online.
 
[quote1202876649=JoeSmo]
........ I enjoy sleeping, running, and spending a large majority of my free time online.
[/quote1202876649]

Same!

Ok..

I'm 13 years old, And I'm a student.(Haha, you guys think I'm old, huh?).... So, yeah.. I'm a guy that likes to Photoshop, ownin' people, kicks(Not really...)... Well, that's it for now.
 
Nice idea for a thread, about me, I'm fifteen, 6'1" and from Arizona. When I'm not playing Valve games or doing schoolwork, I'm usually surfing forums. I also do gymnastics, and have been doing so for eleven years.
 
25, recently returned to my hometown in Central California from my sabbatical in Hollywood to pursue and acting career (did a magazine ad, and a couple online cartoons). Realized it wasn't for me, so I've returned here to go back to school. I'm leaning toward single-subject education (most likely college-level history), though I'm also dabbling in the culinary arts. I, too, thoroughly enjoy video games, though I'm also a HUGE music and movie buff/nerd (also a professional singer), and get undue pleasure out of reading and studying certain aspects of history.

P.S. I also do a killer Peter Griffin/Glenn Quagmire impression, if I do say so myself.
 
this thread should be a sticky somewhere ^_^


im 16 years old about 5'5 im also a girl currently a junior in highschool, i live in california , i love playing fps games, i am a hugee smallville fan, when im not playing games i usually do school work, mess around with photoshop (still kind of new to it but im getting better :D), or im out chilling with my friends
 
20 years old, about 6'3 and goin to college in a digital arts and new media program so i can eventually make games like tf2 and stuff. uhh i live up in bc, canada and besides school i like to snowboard, play some pool, drink, and play some of my good old xbox and wii. but tf2 is takin over my life right now, haha
 
I'm a 15 year old guy who lives in souther california, born and raised. I am really skinny and 6 feet tall. I run in cross country and long distance track at my high school, and im 1-2 years ahead in math :D

and ya i spend all my free time playing tf2 or surfing the net
 
I'm 19 (but will be 20 in 6 days w00t w00t!). Born in Chicago, raised in SoCal (Big Bear Village) and Pennsylvania (Allentown). Now living in New Mexico (Mesilla/Las Cruces). Other then that I live my life just like jeff "the dude" lebowski (If you've seen The Big Lebowski, well that just about describes me and my life. I'm also a Dudist Priest :D http://www.dudeism.com/). When I'm not playing games on my computer, I keep in touch with friends from around the country, also avid photographer, and learning Bass guitar. I also am a hardcore Rugby player & fan.

pic here: http://www.myspace.com/comradewhorf
 
I'm 34 from Tucson, married, with a daughter, and a baby on the way. We just found out she was pregnant tonight!

Was in the Army for 6 six years, but have since been working for a company that makes tax software, although I'm not a programmer. If I'm not with the family, I'm reading, or online.
 
The 411 on Andrew

Where should I start? I could start with my name and my hometown but that would be too hackney. I could start with my hobbies but that wouldn’t give off a good impression. So where do I start? That’s an interesting word, start. To start would imply there would be an end, but is there ever an end or is it a conscious repetitive cycle of history imposed on us by a higher being. If there is a higher being, why is he/she higher? Is it simply because he/she are physical higher then us? Is it because he/she higher in intelligence? How about we are so low in intelligence that we don’t realize we are more intelligent then this higher being? Aristotle denotes Homo sapiens are higher beings simply because we have the power of reason. Now there’s a conundrum, here we have a great philosopher deducing great feats of philosophy to reason that we have reason, but if we have so much reason why do we have to rely on such an intelligent man to reason we have reason. Shouldn’t we have known already, hmmmm interesting. By this time you either said this guy is insane and left or you are amazed at my intelligence, either way I already left an impact. What is insanity? Is insanity the lost of one’s mind or is it the inability to conform to society standard on its ways of thinking. When I go to brunch on the weekend and put honey on my bacon my roommate calls it crazy. However, how crazy is it? Why can’t I have honey on my bacon? Will it truly tear at the very fabric of society if I have some honey on my bacon? Oh, no he has honey on his bacon let’s put him in the loony bin! Oh wellz, I have a mid-term in an hour and this bubble I’m in floating away from society is about to pop and send me spiraling back in the world of caffeine and ramen. So the next time you see me put honey on my bacon, I’m not crazy just revolutionary.

P.S. I love your banner Dr. Molotov
 
I'm 30. I'm a geek of the highest caliber. I work from home, I'm a software engineer, system administrator managing about 45 computers, routers and network switches for a successful startup, and all-around computer know-it-all. I'm a photographer (it's a bit out of date).

My wife is currently expecting our first child, a boy, due in mid to late April.

I love all sorts of weapons, especially guns. I have my CHL, and I carry a firearm frequently.

I live in Portland, OR. I have three cats.
 
Im 19, from the netherlands and I'm a girl. Just started work in a hospital with patients who have cardiac problems. This is a part of my study. In 2 years I hope to be a nurse ! Bit weird right :p But I love it...
When I'm not in the hospital or at school I play tf2 or I hang out with friends.
 
I'm a 20 year old asian girl who's a bum anime artist. Currently trying to work on some art pieces to auction off at my upcoming anime convention. My goal is to have my own online manga someday, and until then I'll continue to work hard. I love my pink DS, makes me want to take a bite out of it. I have Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, and Cooking Mama on it. I also like survival horror games like Silent Hill, and the Grand Theft Auto series.
 
I guess we have to do this every month or so because of the rapid rate of our awesome membership, also check out the "post yourself" sticky in "Off-Topic and Entertainment".
Being one of the older members (40), I am a retired New York City Police Officer, I retired 6 years ago after being injured in the line of duty. I am currently soaking up the sun in Florida (5 mins South of Daytona Beach). Most of you will see me on in the wee hours of the morning playing & the afternoon times. This is the one and only games I play for the exception of Wii Tiger Woods Golf (if that counts as a game). I have been play Team Fortress since it first was created in 1997 for Quake and as some of you may remember it was called Quakeworld TF, then later was remade for Half life and called Team Fortress Classic and now of course TF2, this long journey of gaming addiction of over 10 years has finally landed me here where I can comfortably game with good friends and fellow members of the greatest clan known to man kind. ;)
 
I'm Terence and I'm 44. My son Corey is 15 and we both play quite often. Him more than I do - he is much MUCH better at this gaming thing than I am although I have played much longer than he. I am an avid hunter and fisherman. We reside in NY on Long Island. I love all things weapon related. I own Kimber 45's, Smith & Wesson 44 mags, AR-15's, Ruger rifles (many) Remington rifles (many), Thompsons, muzzleloaders....you get the idea. If the zombies ever come and the SHTF - all eGO's are welcome at my house. We could last a long, long time. Corey is a sophmore in HS, quite intelligent, gets great grades and plays varsity sports. He also just earned his Eagle badge - so congratulate him when you get a chance. NYPD sharpshooter started me on this TFC/CS/TF2 stuff a long time ago (we were neighbors).....
 
hey im allen dzedzy. im 14. i skateboard and love to hang out and paly paintball. i love tf2 and eGO!!!
 
17, From Finland. Study in High School right now, on IT part, which is cool since I suck with comps (hence my 50 hour disconnection problems).
Try to play or idle when I can.
 
Back
Top