Nintendo Wii

Nemo

Thread Thumper
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
1,137
Well with the post of Super Smash Bros. I thought I would post this. Did you know it has online play? We should all get together and play each other when it comes out. I havent figured out how to do the Mii stuff, but I think it'd be cool! Thoughts? Same thing for Mario Kart.
 
I personally don't like the Wii much, but I've hated it less and less as time has progressed. Iono, though, graphics are important to me as well. The Wiimote seems somewhat gimmicky as well. Moreover, there aren't too many great Wii games save for the first-party releases. It is fun, but only at parties with other people around. I wouldn't get one just for myself, though.
 
I look at it this way: The Wii has taken Nintendo from the third place game console producer to the first. Super Smash Brothers Brawl has smashed sales records, and Nintendo still can't keep up with the insane demand for their consoles. They are obviously doing something right, and I for one am thrilled to see the innovation for which Nintendo is known continue to this day.
 
Yeah, Nintendo you can always count on for innovation, even if they don't sell as much. True, they may not have the most graphically intense games but there does come a game sometimes that really takes advantage of its graphical potential(i.e resident evil 4 for gc) and while it may not be pushing the limits of photo-realism, they make very very very fun games and it's always good to have those ^^
 
Well while the other platforms went true "next gen" Nintendo went for one thing: fun and at an affordable price. Just think when the Wii 2 comes out or whatever, it'll have true next gen graphics. As realistic as I've seen PS3 games get, I wonder if they've reached their peak in terms of realism?
 
Omg, I can't wait for Super Smash Bros Brawl to come out here in Sweden! :D
 
Graphics are IMPORTANT to people? W..hat. Why? Who cares how a game looks as long as the interface in nice, the controls are smooth, and the game is fun?

My favorite game is Earthbound (snes) and I still love the graphics, despite them being 16-bit.
 
[quote1203094640=notso]
Graphics are IMPORTANT to people? W..hat. Why? Who cares how a game looks as long as the interface in nice, the controls are smooth, and the game is fun?

My favorite game is Earthbound (snes) and I still love the graphics, despite them being 16-bit.
[/quote1203094640]

Exactly, and that is why I still like NES better than any other console I have ever played.
 
[quote1203095069=Nemo]
[quote1203094640=notso]
Graphics are IMPORTANT to people? W..hat. Why? Who cares how a game looks as long as the interface in nice, the controls are smooth, and the game is fun?

My favorite game is Earthbound (snes) and I still love the graphics, despite them being 16-bit.
[/quote1203094640]
Exactly, and that is why I still like NES better than any other console I have ever played.
[/quote1203095069]
thats why i play the wii more then any other console
 
It can be a great feeling to gaze at breathtaking scenery, though. You can't always see stuff like that in real life, so it's great in game.
 
[quote1203177769=A-team]
yea so i can own all of you! lol
[/quote1203177769]
lies!
 
Photorealism isn't that important, unless you think staring at it is fun.... and then your kind of creepy.
Either way, as long as the game system is fun, who cares about the graphics, if it was all graphics the ps3 would be blowing away competitors, but its not. Heck, for some reason in my town they have a wii bowling league for senior citizens. It's all about the gameplay, which first parties for the wii deliver. However, the ps3 and Xbox 360 have much much much better third party games. However, the Wii is still the best, because the whole point of making a new game system is to innovate it. Look at it this way, the motion control for the Wii was so good that the develipers of the ps3 added the tilt function.
 
I am buying a vc game today, might get all 3 marios and play through them for old times sake. I played through those things a millions times when I was young. I want the atari on vc though, and some original gameboy. Wizardry is one I want on vc, and Crystalis to bad Wizardry might never be on it.

Chrono trigger was the best game I ever played. I would also say SNES was my favorite system, even though nes was phew, and ps was great too.

Resident Evil 4 for the Wii was better than the gc/ps2 Version. The controls were amazing compared to the gc and ps2 version. Would have been even better if the sniper rifle was aimed with the wiimote.
 
Yeah I wish they would cut prices on vc. You can download nes roms for free. 99 cents would be awesome.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top