Battlefield Division Remember 9/11

DarkRaven

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
4,773
september11_banner.jpg


Hello Everyone,

I want you all to take a moment to think of the soldiers, citizens, and responders that were involved on that tragic day in 2001. Terrorists attacked aircraft, citizens, workers, buildings, responders, and military personnel. Hijacked planes hit the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York, the Pentagon in DC, and one even crashed in Pennsylvania that was headed towards the White House. Military and Responders were the ones who ran towards the fires and tragedy as others fled.

As for me i had just got back from Saudi Arabia were weeks prior we had high threats against Americans and aircraft. Little did i know i would be part of a tragic history. I was on a few weeks vacation after returning when the attacks occured. I had just woke up and heard the news. I watched the tv from my dorm with my buddy. When the towers fell alarms and knocks on our door rang out to respond that we were under attack. We went into the highest threat level that day which was Delta. We responded to our unit with full gear on and weapons ready. I was stationed at the base to which the President flew to-Offutt AFB since we had STRATCOM which is similar to NORAD. I was assigned flight line gate duty which was part of protecting the President that day. From my post i was able to see Air Force One park and the President rushed off to the under ground. Later that day when he was leaving to go back to Washington no traffic was allowed near the flight line while he was taking off in AF1. I can remember having to pull my charged rifle at secret service and military officers that rushed my gate with vehicles. It was a high stress moment that i will not forget. I can also remember the air traffic grounding order which caused a stir as one of our alert aircraft buzzed the flightline unannounced. Military units had heavy weapons drawn on our own aircraft that day. He authenticated but it was a moment when no one knew how many hijacked aircraft might have been airborne. I was at that time an Airman First Class

SRA McGaughey
United States Air Force
Never Forget 9/11

Whats your story?
 
My story, I almost lost my father at the pentagon. He went unconscious and the line went dead on the call he made to me after saying oh eff the hit the pentagon.
 
I had actually gotten out of the Marine Corps in July of 2001. My final year of service was spent with the 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit and we did a 6 month rotation in the Mediterranean Sea. On September 11 I was enrolled in college and heading to class when my mom called me. I remember she kept asking me if I was being called back into service and I had no idea what she was talking about. She told me about the planes that had crashed into the World Trade Center buildings. My classes were canceled for the day and my roommate (also a former Marine) and I watched the news coverage at our neighbors house because we did not have a tv. For weeks we waited for the call or letter telling us to pack our gear and report back to active duty especially since I had just came back from the Med, but it never happened. My roommate actually knew a couple of guys that were in his unit that were recalled back to active duty. I want to thank all of our former, reserve and active duty service members and first responders for their service. Semper Fi.
 
I was young when it happened. I was in the 4th grade and I remember when the teacher turned on the TV and we saw the 2nd plane hit. The teacher quickly turned off the TV and another teacher left the room with tears in her eyes. It was at that moment that I realized that it was real. You got to know, as a kid, everything on TV the you watch is fake. From movies, cartoons, and even a little WWF. All of it was fake. I never watched the news or anything, and when I saw the news on, I never though anything of it or even felt anything when I saw the 2nd plane hit, until I saw my other teacher tear up and leave the room. Then I realized it was real, that it wasn't a movie or another fake explosion. That what I just witnessed was big and that it would stick with me the rest of my life. We had the choice of having our parents come pick us up and take us home, when I talked to my mom on the phone I remember telling her that I was okay, and that I would like to stay and be with my class. A lot of kids were scared, and confused and I remember thinking that I need to stay and help them think of something else until they could get picked up. Me and my best friend still today were that last ones to leave. It was like we understood what was happening and we wanted to help, but we were 9 years old, what could we do. We basically just made sure everyone was ok and with their family's and then we went home with ours.

I never forget that day, that image still in my mind. I can still picture where i was sitting, wit the old TV on the cart in the corner of the room. I remember who was sitting to my right and to my left. And most off all, my teachers face after that 2nd plane hit.

Never Forget.

Thank you to all that who helped and served.
 
best post all year and yes this a very serious day and a very tragic day for the us at a whole
many people lost wives husbands mothers fathers sisters brothers aunts uncles some people lost there whole family on this day

i myself will never forget where i was at and what i was doing i was at a small courthouse in the small town of morganfeild ky taking test to get my class a CDL for truck driving when the 2 planes hit and they had the t.v turned on to broadcast the horrific events of that tragic day and saw all the events live i was also in job corps at the time which is a government PROGRAM FOR TROUBLED YOUTHS to help them get there education a GED and a career field i was in the middle of now where in a small one red light town and i still felt the full effects that day

i went back to my dorm later that day and was glued to the TV for the rest of the day with all my dorm mates

i had a daily reminder for years afterward due that for 5 years of my truck driving career i had 9/11/2001 on my cdl license
 
I was disappointed yesterday by the lack of remembrance I saw from people as a whole. Little about it on the news and what have you. (I just saw this today so there is still some hope for us yet.)

I was in Ms. Tierney's reading class that day. Far left side, third desk from the front. We were doing our usual thing when another teacher came into the room and whispered in Ms. Tierney's ear and then left. My teacher proceeded to find her stool and her apple stick. It was surprising to see no one had hid the apple stick on her this time. She planted the stool and poked the TV with the stick and turned it on. She didn't have to change the channel. At first we didn't know what we were looking at. We saw smoke coming out of one of the twin towers. We watched for a little while speculating, then we went on with class. Most people still watched the TV, myself included so when we saw the second plane hit we knew. No one had to say anything. When I got older and went to college one of my teachers had been working in one of the towers, and had just missed the attack by two weeks.
 
on 09/11/2001 i was just a fresh faced rookie firefighter i had only been out of the fire academy for about a month . i was in bed due to having worked the night before and having a busy shift so i was woken up by my mother telling me to turn on the tv that the world trade center was on fire i remember looking at it and being amazed by size of the fire , not knowing anything other then it was on fire but i was watching the TV and i had just sent a text to one of my friends who worked for FDNY on rescue 3 telling him to watch his butt and be careful, when i seen the second plane hit the towers my heart sunk . within 10 minutes i received a page (yes we still had pagers then) recalling us all back to station and our department was put into lock down unless we had a priority 1 call we were not allowed to leave due to our proximity to Oak Ridge national laboratory i remember having police officers coming to our department and giving us warnings about how there were rumors that they were stealing firetrucks and had planed on using them as bombs.then i remember the towers collapsing and seeing 343 of my brothers go down at the same time and just sitting there in shock not knowing what to do and crying at what had happened the rest of the day i really dont remember much because i think i just checked out mentally and was going on the lights are on but nobody was home
 
Back
Top