Surf Servers

Noobkiller

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jan 18, 2008
Messages
755
Does anyone know how to run a surf server? All I know is from css is that you mess with the sv_airaccelerate but in tf2 it doesn't exist anymore
 
Surfing is awesome. I trace my keyboard/mouse finesse back to surfing a very long time ago.
Never tried it in TF2, but I figure it wouldn't be too hard to do.
 
Surf Server in TF2 is so much easier than Counter-Strike 1.6..

I remember my hardest surf map ever was: surf_ninja(In 1.6)

:).. Memoriezz..
 
I've been on a lot of surf maps. Most of them are pointless. There is almost no objective to any of them.
 
[quote1203562144=Bøøster37]
I've been on a lot of surf maps. Most of them are pointless. There is almost no objective to any of them.
[/quote1203562144]

Thats sorta the idea of surf maps. :P

Generally the best maps are focused around getting better weapons by using technical surfing, and then eventually getting to some point where you can kill people in a jail.

But now that I think of it, you can't shoot through walls, and you can't pickup better weapons.. So I suppose the surfing should be left to CS and CS:S.
 
I learned how to make a surf server now but it requires source mod since I don't know how to make it work but I know its on our servers to make one all you need to do is load a surf map http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ICLCXOMY and in console type sm_cvar sv_airaccelerate 1000. It would be nice to have a night for this COUGH
 
[quote1203576658=VoiDeD]
[quote1203562144=Bøøster37]
I've been on a lot of surf maps. Most of them are pointless. There is almost no objective to any of them.
[/quote1203562144]

Thats sorta the idea of surf maps. :P

Generally the best maps are focused around getting better weapons by using technical surfing, and then eventually getting to some point where you can kill people in a jail.

But now that I think of it, you can't shoot through walls, and you can't pickup better weapons.. So I suppose the surfing should be left to CS and CS:S.
[/quote1203576658]At least in CS:S, you don't respawn when you die.
 
I surf in CS:S and trust me, by comparison, tf2 is nothing. All of the maps are rip offs of great river, and rebel resistance, and all those maps. Some people try to mix it up with skill maps, but that doesn't work because everyone just shoots each other. Surfing is best left to the counter strike games
 
[quote1203693158=Bøøster37]
[quote1203576658=VoiDeD]
[quote1203562144=Bøøster37]
I've been on a lot of surf maps. Most of them are pointless. There is almost no objective to any of them.
[/quote1203562144]

Thats sorta the idea of surf maps. :P

Generally the best maps are focused around getting better weapons by using technical surfing, and then eventually getting to some point where you can kill people in a jail.

But now that I think of it, you can't shoot through walls, and you can't pickup better weapons.. So I suppose the surfing should be left to CS and CS:S.
[/quote1203576658]At least in CS:S, you don't respawn when you die.

[/quote1203693158]

That's where deathmatch comes in. Instant spawning. :P
 
[quote1203699252=-Haseo-]
I surf in CS:S and trust me, by comparison, tf2 is nothing. All of the maps are rip offs of great river, and rebel resistance, and all those maps. Some people try to mix it up with skill maps, but that doesn't work because everyone just shoots each other. Surfing is best left to the counter strike games
[/quote1203699252]
Yea all the evil ******* usually spawn camp with sentries I will never do that! Jail camping on the other hand(hey your stuck there anyways
 
[quote1203700340=VoiDeD]
[quote1203693158=Bøøster37]
[quote1203576658=VoiDeD]
[quote1203562144=Bøøster37]
I've been on a lot of surf maps. Most of them are pointless. There is almost no objective to any of them.
[/quote1203562144]

Thats sorta the idea of surf maps. :P

Generally the best maps are focused around getting better weapons by using technical surfing, and then eventually getting to some point where you can kill people in a jail.

But now that I think of it, you can't shoot through walls, and you can't pickup better weapons.. So I suppose the surfing should be left to CS and CS:S.
[/quote1203576658]At least in CS:S, you don't respawn when you die.

[/quote1203693158]

That's where deathmatch comes in. Instant spawning. :P

[/quote1203700340]Touche.

I never did dm surf maps.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top