Been Absent as of Late

Mr. Monday

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jul 31, 2012
Messages
1,814
You might have noticed that I've barely been playing TF2 lately. Or you might not have noticed. I don't blame you if you didn't.

To be honest with you guys, I find TF2 to be excessively dull now. I'm not sure why. I think it's the duck update and the weird weapons with this new one that sort of put the nail in the proverbial coffin. I wasn't too happy with the game before, but I dunno. This was the last straw, I guess.

It's only natural. I've been playing the game for years and just don't find it nearly as fun as I used to. Whenever I go to play a game, it usually ends up being WoW, since it's so easy to just sit down and play while I have a movie going or something of the sort. I've also been getting more and more into Magic: the Gathering. I used to be way into it and took a 7ish year break, but now I've returned and started playing competitively. It makes it hard to play other stuff when I spend so much time either doing school or practicing for some tournament.

Most of the people I started with have moved on as well. Kazoo, Uncle Creepy, Red/Snake/Daath (those of you who played on Dustbowl will know those three), and countless others have all moved away from our servers onto other things.

Now, this won't mean that I'm completely gone. I'll still be hanging around the forums, since you guys are so awesome, but I feel like my time in the TF2 division (and TF2 in general) is coming to an end. Hopefully I'll be back when Overwatch comes out, but I'm not sure when that will happen.

TL;DR, some whiner complaining about stuff.
 
I noticed. You were one of the first people I knew here in my Dustbowl regular days. You'll be missed but you'll always be welcome.

My friend plays MTG competitively. He has been to the World Championship, etc. He practices so much! I know how consuming that alone can be.

Anyway, have fun and please stop in and say hi when you feel so inclined!
 
This too shall pass. I know I am actively looking for a game that will replace the fun I have with TF2, I just haven't found it yet. Hopefully, eGO will have a div for it when that happens.

Take care and good luck in your tourneys!
 
I feel so lucky that no matter what, TF2 is always enjoyable to me. I hit 4000 hours not too long ago and the game still feels new to me.

Good luck on whatever you do in the future, you were always fun to play against on dustbowl
 
Hopefully i still get to bother you on steam and say hi :D

I wasnt a fan of this last update but the game still has its days.
 
I'm going to use activate the motto of the division here,
Unless it's not the motto.

"They always come back."

Hopefully it rings true with you too Monday. I've played many a game with you and you are one of the greats. Hope to see you around. =]
 
Was great playing with you Monday. I remember you from my first days in Dustbowl, and you've been there ever since, until now.

You gave me my strange sniper rifle, and I still use it today. It's about to hit Hale's Own, and it's got 3 strange parts and is professional killstreak. Thank you.

Cya
 

Latest posts

Back
Top