Favorite Movie Quotes

Flippy the Squirrel

EGO Zealot
Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
1,960
So, I think I've made it clear that I'm a big movie buff. I'm also a fan of clever movie quotes.

My signature has a movie quote from Big Trouble in Little China that has always made me laugh (that whole movie is a riot). I'd like to know what some of your favorite movie quotes are.

Incidentally, if you don't recall exactly, you can check out IMDB and click on "memorable quotes" for a movie you look up.

Here's one to get you started:

"Listen to me Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground."
- Nick Rivers from the movie Top Secret
 
Arg, Here's some great quotes!

From Army of Darkness, Ash says...
[blockquote]Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and s**t... and Jack just left town. [/blockquote]

From Starship Troopers, Johnny says...
[blockquote]I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all![/blockquote]

From Ready to Rumble, Fireman Fred says...
[blockquote]I'M FIREMAN FRED, AND I'M GONNA HOSE YA!!! YEAAAH![/blockquote]

From Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Ted says...
[blockquote]As you can see, Genghis greatly enjoys Twinkies because of the excellent sugar rush.[/blockquote]

Those are some of the best quotes from the best movies ever!
 
"Seize this, Honkus!" (Josephus from History of the World, Part I)

I won't use any more, since I would basically quote almost every Mel Brooks movie ever made, but that's by far my favorite.
 
Army of Darkness may have produced some of the best quotations ever:

"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

More recent? Live Free or Die Hard. I'm partial to the film because during much of it Bruce used a Beretta PX4, and I own one myself. Great gun.

"You just took out a helicopter with a car!"
"Yeah, I ran out of bullets."
 
[quote1204653954=Flippy Squirrel]
"Listen to me Hillary. I'm not the first guy who fell in love with a woman that he met at a restaurant who turned out to be the daughter of a kidnapped scientist only to lose her to her childhood lover who she last saw on a deserted island who then turned out fifteen years later to be the leader of the French underground."
- Nick Rivers from the movie Top Secret
[/quote1204653954]

OMG! I loved that movie when I was younger and I had forgot all about it! Thank you Flippy! I just went and found it so my wife could see it. lol Here are some of my favorite quotes:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children" - Eric Draven from the movie The Crow

"Our friend T-bird won't be joining us this evening on account of a slight case of death." - Top Dollar from the movie The Crow

"Great. A guy shows up looking like a mime from Hell and you lose him right out in the open. Well, at least he didn't do that walking against the wind sh**, I hate that." - Albrecht from the movie The Crow

If you can't tell, I'm a big fan of The Crow lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.
[Billy Clanton draws a knife]
Doc Holliday: [takes out a second gun] I have two guns, one for each of ya." - Tombstone

"You gonna do somethin'? Or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?" - Wyatt Earp from the movie Tombstone

"Johnny Tyler: You run your mouth awful reckless for a man that don't go heeled.
Wyatt Earp: No need to go heeled to get the bulge on a tub like you." - Tombstone
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think this boy's cheese has done slid off his cracker." - Bill Dodge from the movie The Green Mile

"Paul Edgecomb: On the day of my judgment, when I stand before God, and He asks me why did I kill one of his true miracles, what am I gonna say? That it was my job? My job?
John Coffey: You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?
Paul Edgecomb: Yes, John. I think I can." - The Green Mile
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne from the movie The Shawshank Redemption
 
Due to the nature of the quote theres not much of a way to sensor it but the trailer is on youtube so for those curious just search for Way of the Gun opening.

Ryan Phillipe's character response to Sarah Silverman's taunting.


'my name is inigo montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to Die!"

"I said across her nose, not up it!"

"And anyone who opposed them would join the rest in the hell of being cut to pieces..... -What?
Chinese have alot of hells..."
 
"Richard what's your favorite Little Rascal? Is it Alfalpha? Or Spanky..?"
 
Probally

"Do you know the meaning of nemesis? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by and appropriate agent. Persollified in this case by an horrible cunt,me." -Bricktop from Snatch

"I stay up late,
in and out of bed,
cleaning up the mess,
thats inside my head"-Friend
 
John Beckwith: Claire's mom just made me grab her hooters.
Jeremy Grey: Well snap out of it! What, a hot older women made you feel her cans? Stop crying like a little girl.
John Beckwith: I wasn't crying like a little girl.
Jeremy Grey: Why don't you try getting jacked off under the table in front of the whole damn family and have some real problems, jackass. Hey, what were they like anyway? They looked pretty good, are they real? Are they built for speed or comfort? What'd you do with them? Motorboat? You play the motorboat?
[makes sputtering motorboat noise]
Jeremy Grey: You motorboatin son of a bitch! You old sailor you! Where is she? She still in the house?
John Beckwith: What's wrong with you?
Jeremy Grey: What do you mean "what's wrong with me?" What's wrong with you?
John Beckwith: No, what's wrong with you?
Jeremy Grey: No, what's wrong with you? You're projecting!
John Beckwith: Drop it.
Jeremy Grey: You drop it! You stop projecting on me! Why don't you go enjoy yourself while I go ice my balls and spit up blood.
John Beckwith: Drop it!
[starts walking away]
Jeremy Grey: Team player!
 
Mainly Star Wars, 300, and Anchorman quotes are my favs. I can't think of any others right now but there are much more.
 
Best Star Wars quote .. "Will somebody get this walking carpet out of my way?"

This reminds me, my wife today said that she wants to put up a sign outside our house that says, "You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany" .. she's awesome.
 
the best movie quote is defenatly .....in office space.....sounds like sombody has a case of the mondays hahaha i say that all the time
 
My favourite movie quote :Alien (1979)

Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about 6 weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up. This is Ripley, last survivor of The Nostromo, signing off.
 
From Billy Madison:

Bus Driver: "That Veronica Vaughn is one piece of ace! I know from experience dude."
Billy: "No you don't"
Bus Driver: "Well, not me personally, but a guy I know. Him and her got it on!"
Billy: "No they didn't"
Bus Driver: "No, no they didn't...but you can imagine what it'd be like if they did! Eh eh?"

A few seconds later...

Bus Driver: "Everyone on? Good, great, grand, wonderful. NO YELLING ON THE BUS!"
 
Our arrows will blot out the sun.
Then we shall fight in the shade. - 300.

:D I would say this is Sparta, but Zopy took it :(
 

Latest posts

Back
Top