Battlefield Hardline BFH impression

So after having played all 3 modes..

- Personally, I don't think people would've disliked the game as much if they had chosen a different game-mode to showcase for alpha - Hotwire, to me, would've done it, if not that then Conquest.
It's a beta

- I don't like how formidable the walls are in Hardline compared to BF4 since it's non-stop driving for the most part and running into a wall in hardline so far just spells your own death and anyone with you if there's even one enemy nearby.
It's not hard at all to stay on the roads and not try to be cool off the roads

- Don't like the masses of props they have in the maps, particularly on Dust town or w/e it's called with the rocks, but that's just me.
They to prevent you from charging right through everything

- If the maps lasted a bit longer, that would also be great (and/or if they were bigger?)
the matches last a long time is both teams have brains
- Still has the feel of needing more content
it's a beta, you've seen nothing
Other then those few gripes it's nice..but still could be quite a bit better (Still not worthy of $60 for a game at the moment)
More worthy of $60 then BF4

Also wish the beta lasted longer then till Sunday..
The beta was to see how the community liked certain things about the game
 
Sorry about how I laid everything out I just don't like all the hate this game is getting, even more so those who are calling it a DLC
 
A Dev posted this

Some thoughts on weapon balancing:

- 870 shotgun is too powerful at range.

- AWM/R700 .338 Magnum Rounds are too powerful.

- M416 and M16A3 are too accurate in fully automatic fire.

- Uzi needs better hipfire and increased falloff start distance.

- MP5K is needs a slight damage nerf.

Please discuss.
 
The game is starting to grow on me a bit. I can see how some people don't enjoy it that much, but for a beta its pretty good, besides the obvious unbalanced weapons and glitches. I will 100% buy it if they plan to release a FINISHED game instead of a pile of garbage like BF4 was on release.
 
i dont like that all classes cant use all pistol types, i dont care if some pistols are faction locked until you get your weapon license, but i wanna roll a revolver with my shotty so that i have a chance of taking people down at range after they completely nerf them. i also notice that one of the smgs, i forget the name but i think its the cop only one, is just super OP, it can snipe from like 150m using hipfire because it has like 0 recoil.so far im enjoying conquest the most because it feels the most battlefieldish of the gamemodes, not to say the others arent fun. i think thats about it.

/end textblock
 
It's a beta

It's not hard at all to stay on the roads and not try to be cool off the roads

They to prevent you from charging right through everything


the matches last a long time is both teams have brains
it's a beta, you've seen nothing
More worthy of $60 then BF4

The beta was to see how the community liked certain things about the game

I get that the game was in alpha/beta, but to me I just don't think it would've received as much flak if they had changed which mode to present in alpha.

(Also, as far as driving/staying on the road - dusttown or w/e it's called is kind of difficult when you're more in-land and at a high speed, that was where I was mainly stating that from, the other maps aren't as bad, if at all, although the city map it's easy to drive out of bounds on accident in one or two areas)

Don't get me wrong, I liked the game, but there was just a few things I think that would've made it more enjoyable and receive less flak/hate then it did when it was in alpha (Which the main thing I hear that was a downer was the very small amount of time it takes for games to end since they usually take 10-15 minutes, give or take)
 
I will get it.
BF3 and BF4 were very frustrating to me when they first came out but when Hardline's beta came out many months ago (I didn't hit up the latest beta yet), I actually had a great time, it played well, and I did pretty well.

I don't know what map or mode I played... some map where there was an armored car in a parking garage or something and I had to guard it.

So, as soon as it comes down to a normal price I will buy it. It's not that Hardline isn't worth $60, it's that no game is worth $60, and also screw you EA.
 
I just played again this weekend. I hereby fortify my recent opinions:

I like it more than before. I don't like it as much as BF4. I won't buy it for more than $30.

Thumbs up overall though, absolutely. I can't really think of one thing I didn't like aside from not enough "gadgets" starting out, but easy enough to save up cash and buy what you want. A little more dying instantly but that comes with being new to a game and running into the action too fast.

You guys who get it on release day definitely let us know!
 
The more I play it the more I like it. Change of pace is good. I'll update upon full release.
 
Not that impressed either, but I'll probably end up buying it. I see the potential and it's beta, so it will probably be far better when they release it.
 
I've been playing the beta on the 360, and it is really fun. The only issue seems to be the same as on PC though, the RPG and breaching charge spam. The issue though is that the update hasn't hit console yet, so the 870P is still OP as hell. Same with m16 and m416
 

Latest posts

Back
Top