A few questions and other things

kameltotem

Rookie
Joined
Dec 29, 2014
Messages
39
Hi, I am from the BF division and was thinking of reinstalling CSGO. I have a few questions. I am a mapper (specifically Jail maps and team DM maps). I currently have 1 map that is played frequently on a csgo jail server.

Does eGo accept worthy custom maps for server rotation(obviously not jail maps) and if so how would one get that process going? I currently have over 400 hours of SDK time and of course I'm still learning new stuff every time I use it.

My Current Project
As far as my jb maps go, I'm into telling a story with them. My current project is this:
T's start out in a bank(they are robbing :)) and for the first 15 seconds they can just run around the bank(there's a secret here for 1 T to sneak away). Then the screen goes black ( they get arrested!) and the t's respawn in a pit ( that's right break those rocks). The cts come to escort the T's back to cells for the night and of course there are many things to do on the way.

Previous Project (jb_tactics_v4 currently on SCA jb and swoobles I think)
My first map isn't so detailed but it is different. Instead of a cell block the T's start inside a caged climb. If a t can finish it he goes to another climb that's hidden. If he can manage that one then he gets the sky box. I've got about 10 mini game on that one. Includes a unique game(unique bc I created it) called ant farm. There's 2 sides, with t's split into 2 teams they have to figure out a way to dig a path and get their team to the top row. So far it's received good reviews.

If any of you wanna test the second one then let me know. It's on v4 right now. The first one isn't ready for testing yet but when I get time to make it playable I can let you know ( probably this summer when I have no school)

Happy Gaming,
Kameltotem
 
Last edited:
Yeah man this sounds cool. I'm sure one of our DLs will see this post and get more info.
 
Our only server on CSGO is a mini games server afaik, SO if you made a worthy minigames/course type map there may be a possibility of it being added to rotation.

I'm not in control of the maps that get added or anything so I'm pretty much just blowing smoke. It seems logical in my mind though. :)
 
Our only server on CSGO is a mini games server afaik, SO if you made a worthy minigames/course type map there may be a possibility of it being added to rotation.

I'm not in control of the maps that get added or anything so I'm pretty much just blowing smoke. It seems logical in my mind though. :)

We currently don't have a CS:GO server but a big announcement is due about getting a new one!
 
Well even if there is no server, consider my post an introduction of myself :). Also are there any other mappers out there!?
 
I believe you would be best suited to making a drop box for this. Either that or contacting our Com Mgr, Christy. He used to map as well.
 
Well even if there is no server, consider my post an introduction of myself :). Also are there any other mappers out there!?

The mappers that I know have had maps on our servers in this division, active and inactive, are Christy, RDK, and Rouge Sniper. Christy is still active, I see RDK sometimes, and Rouge is gone. There's probably others, but I only know of these.
 
Awesome. Thanks you 2. I'm not sure what creating a dropbox is or how to do it but I will check it out. Again this isn't something I can get into heavily right now because of school but this summer I will hit it hard. Plus I can use the time I have now to play BF and work on my custom texture and skins. Maybe even start working on gun textures. Thanks again for the helpful info.

Happy Gaming,
Kameltotem
 
Awesome. Thanks you 2. I'm not sure what creating a dropbox is or how to do it but I will check it out. Again this isn't something I can get into heavily right now because of school but this summer I will hit it hard. Plus I can use the time I have now to play BF and work on my custom texture and skins. Maybe even start working on gun textures. Thanks again for the helpful info.

Happy Gaming,
Kameltotem

Dropbox is a feature on our forum that allows you to talk directly to leadership about your problems, suggestions, ideas, etc. Pretty nifty stuff. Enjoy your time here man, it's a friendly community and everyone is more than happy to help. Happy gaming. :)
 
My Current Project
As far as my jb maps go, I'm into telling a story with them. My current project is this:
T's start out in a bank(they are robbing :)) and for the first 15 seconds they can just run around the bank(there's a secret here for 1 T to sneak away). Then the screen goes black ( they get arrested!) and the t's respawn in a pit ( that's right break those rocks). The cts come to escort the T's back to cells for the night and of course there are many things to do on the way.
Sounds interesting. Couple questions:

- So the main spawn area for T's would technically be the pit?

- What other things do you plan on adding or were considering?



Previous Project (jb_tactics_v4 currently on SCA jb and swoobles I think)
My first map isn't so detailed but it is different. Instead of a cell block the T's start inside a caged climb. If a t can finish it he goes to another climb that's hidden. If he can manage that one then he gets the sky box. I've got about 10 mini game on that one. Includes a unique game(unique bc I created it) called ant farm. There's 2 sides, with t's split into 2 teams they have to figure out a way to dig a path and get their team to the top row. So far it's received good reviews.
This post being one of them - definitely a good work!

The mappers that I know have had maps on our servers in this division, active and inactive, are Christy, RDK, and Rouge Sniper. Christy is still active, I see RDK sometimes, and Rouge is gone. There's probably others, but I only know of these.

Rogues' still around, I think - saw a couple posts recently from him.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top