Playing

I SURVIVED LONDON BLITZ

EGO Zealot
Legacy Members
Joined
Aug 29, 2008
Messages
1,907
G'day guy;s
Just a short post to say I still play DOD;s at least 3 times a day but at odd hours only for 1-1.5 hours at a time, due to my Illness. I am still my old no nonsense admin and as some may have been informed jokingly that I had died, that is not going to happen YET. I shall sort out the Kiwi for stirring . He is a great friend and we have a good laugh when on together.
I also read our post 4-5 times a day just to see whats on.
I would like also to say I think more posts, serious and amusing would be welcome on our Division. Also we have a good group of members who are still enjoy playing DODs.
Must go or miss my first session for the day. :thumbup: :thumbup:


LONDON BLITZ
 
Greetings london.. what a surprise guys. he's alive. must of been misinformed ;)
Good to see you still play london.. and killing 4 to five guys with one nade is becoming a habit for you.

P.s = please turn them off!! cough cough
 
I see you getting on at random times, always cool to play with. "Just killed by the oldest DODs player" comes to mind lol =)
 
Good stuff sir! All the best!


Have you considered sharing your experiences and memories from the Blitz and WW2 in general?

After all, information that is not passed on, is lost. :thumbup1:
 
Always a pleasure to play or talk with you, London. Glad to see you're still on, truly. And as goes with all of you eGOers, can't wait to see you in my iron sights once again..
 
Mr_Nichol,
I am asked a lot of question ingame by players and when I tell them they are sincere in their reply but I then get other players say I am lying as no one of my tender age could remember such details. When children are brought up in a war zone they will remember unlike children who never see a war zone. The only Americans who were brought up in a war zone was children in Hawaii apart from the Colonial war against the Brits, LOL. You see America may have fought in wars but apart from the civil war have never had a war on American soil, which is good for the Americans.

I can remember being dragged down to the bomb shelter at night when the alarm sounded and if it had been raining we had water lapping on the floor. During the day we could see where the bombers were and did not go to the shelters unless they were overhead.

I saw many dog fights with casualties on both sides and the parachutes opening, and many cheers if it was an English pilot who got out.

My most exciting memory was standing in the street with my mother and aunt when a flight of Allied bombers flew over, the sky was dark with hundreds of bombers and the noise was terrifying although they would have been very high. The crowd of people by then were cheering and knew Germany was in for a pasting. During the bombing of UK 300.00 thousand civilians died

My one flaw is I believe what people tell me as I always tell the truth and I believe what they say, so it is hard on me when called a liar.

Sorry for dribbling on but once started I find it hard to stop.

Cya Later.

LONDON BLITZ
 
I'm a bit like you London in that I only get on 2 or 3 times a day for short bursts - have to share the PC with the boss :o)

Didn't hear the rumour about your health but knew you would be okay as you live in Gods Country now - and the best part of it.

Regardless, getting old sucks and it would be great to be 20 again.

Keep smiling.

Giz
 
Good to see you're still out there London, it's about time I dust off my old trackball and get back on Ava..
 

Latest posts

Back
Top